Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
32 years ago today.... 10:30 - Apr 25 with 1653 viewsITFC_Forever

Johnny Lyall's blue and white army!

"We've had a good day, now please all go home and we will have a celebration next Saturday at Portman Road" (or words to that effect).

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

32 years ago today.... on 10:44 - Apr 25 with 1566 viewsPinewoodblue

Then on the Saturday reminding Brighton fans, who had stayed to enjoy the celebrations, they had a train to catch.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

32 years ago today.... on 10:54 - Apr 25 with 1529 viewslongtimefan

What a great day that was with us all on the pitch at the end
32 years ago today.... on 10:55 - Apr 25 with 1527 viewsSteve_M

Ah good, reminiscing about that game and Barnsley last year is the perfect build up to these next two fixtures.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

32 years ago today.... on 11:41 - Apr 25 with 1447 viewssoupytwist

32 years ago today.... on 10:55 - Apr 25 by Steve_M

Ah good, reminiscing about that game and Barnsley last year is the perfect build up to these next two fixtures.

Reissue of those red training sweatshirts please. And John Wark is my favourite ever player, what a man.
32 years ago today.... on 11:52 - Apr 25 with 1408 viewsEuropablue

That was the first season that I supported ITFC. I don't have a clear memory of it, just a vague feeling from that era!
32 years ago today.... on 12:12 - Apr 25 with 1362 viewschicoazul

Oh my god I’m a million years old.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

32 years ago today.... on 13:12 - Apr 25 with 1240 viewsgainsboroughblue

Bloody hell, that makes me feel ancient.

Be interesting to see if I'd be able to climb that fence 32 years on, had it still been there obviously.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

32 years ago today.... on 13:32 - Apr 25 with 1208 viewsSuffolkSpezial

32 years ago today.... on 13:12 - Apr 25 by gainsboroughblue

Bloody hell, that makes me feel ancient.

Be interesting to see if I'd be able to climb that fence 32 years on, had it still been there obviously.

Remember the Brighton home game, fairly sure someone climbed onto the front of the executive box and pulled a Mooney to everyone on the pitch 😂
Login to get fewer ads

32 years ago today.... on 13:52 - Apr 25 with 1147 viewsBluish

I remember the away end that day, rain showers and warm sunshine, the smell of vomit. TWTD
32 years ago today.... on 14:02 - Apr 25 with 1110 viewsLamp

32 years ago today.... on 10:55 - Apr 25 by Steve_M

It always amazes me that it was Jim Magilton who scored the goal for Oxford!
32 years ago today.... on 14:04 - Apr 25 with 1109 viewsgainsboroughblue

32 years ago today.... on 14:02 - Apr 25 by Lamp

It always amazes me that it was Jim Magilton who scored the goal for Oxford!

He scored their goal in the reverse fixture as well.

Pronounced Mag-ilton (as in how you'd say magazine) on the 91-92 season video commentary.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

32 years ago today.... on 14:27 - Apr 25 with 1002 viewsBlueschev

I remember listening nervously to Radio Orwell for their match updates donning the full orange away kit including socks, then heading straight to the park with my Town scarf to celebrate after the final whistle.

Oh to be 25 again.
32 years ago today.... on 14:31 - Apr 25 with 979 viewsBlueschev

32 years ago today.... on 13:32 - Apr 25 by SuffolkSpezial

Remember the Brighton home game, fairly sure someone climbed onto the front of the executive box and pulled a Mooney to everyone on the pitch 😂

I remember that. I think it was Jason Dozzell's brother?
32 years ago today.... on 14:42 - Apr 25 with 940 viewsBluespeed225

32 years ago today.... on 14:31 - Apr 25 by Blueschev

I remember that. I think it was Jason Dozzell's brother?

Nah, it was (then) posty Sid. Lyall was feet away at the time, I can see the look on his face now!
32 years ago today.... on 14:52 - Apr 25 with 911 viewsIllinoisblue

My annual reminder to dust off that Monday’s front cover of the EADT and show the kids again. What a day that was and back in town in time for beers at the Blackadder with the players. TWTD

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

32 years ago today.... on 16:55 - Apr 25 with 767 viewsDubtractor

32 years ago today.... on 10:44 - Apr 25 by Pinewoodblue

Then on the Saturday reminding Brighton fans, who had stayed to enjoy the celebrations, they had a train to catch.

I've always had a soft spot for Brighton because of that game - even though the game relegated them, they still seemed up for congratulating us for going up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

32 years ago today.... on 16:58 - Apr 25 with 756 viewsBattersea_Blue

32 years ago today.... on 16:55 - Apr 25 by Dubtractor

I've always had a soft spot for Brighton because of that game - even though the game relegated them, they still seemed up for congratulating us for going up.

Let’s hope for the same reaction from Huddersfield next Saturday . . 🤔
32 years ago today.... on 23:13 - Apr 25 with 550 viewsTommy_ITFC

32 years ago today.... on 16:55 - Apr 25 by Dubtractor

As did some of the grecians , apart from the relegation part
32 years ago today.... on 23:47 - Apr 25 with 528 viewsChurchman

32 years ago today.... on 10:44 - Apr 25 by Pinewoodblue

Brighton had a toothpaste kit and were sponsored by Nobo. I felt sorry for them. How times change.

I couldn’t do the Oxford game. No ticket and work in the morning meant no chance - I’d got to a lot of the preceding games but that one wasn’t to be. Bl**dy typical.

I got home and washed the car listening to radio 5. The final score came through as Mrs C came running out shouting ‘they’ve done it!’.

I locked the car, scooped Basil the cat off the parcel shelf (he always supervised) put the cleaning cloths away, went in, sat down, turned the tv off, strangely, and opened a can of beer. A private moment. God, I enjoyed that beer. After a couple more it was an amble to the kebab shop for takeaway elephants leg accompanied by wine, fizzy stuff and goodness knows what. Brilliant evening.

The following week, my dad was in hospital after a minor operation and couldn’t go to the game so Mrs C came with me. We stood in Churchmans and enjoyed every single moment. We went to the Cornhill for the bus parade the following day. Who can ever forget Chris Ks lilac suit? A thing of beauty. Happy days. What a season. We had a smashing team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024