Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… 22:47 - Apr 24 with 4339 viewsSitfcB

…ffs.

They’re going to be bang up for it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:48 - Apr 24 with 4298 viewsIllinoisblue

Weds are awful. WBA should be able to stop sleep walking enough to get a result there.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:50 - Apr 24 with 4263 viewsSitfcB

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:48 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

Weds are awful. WBA should be able to stop sleep walking enough to get a result there.

Hope so. Norwich ‘should’ see if Swansea as well.

COYB

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:57 - Apr 24 with 4162 viewsSwansea_Blue

What am I missing? That match is irrelevant.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:59 - Apr 24 with 4137 viewsSitfcB

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:57 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

What am I missing? That match is irrelevant.

Need West Brom and Norwich wins to deflate Hull. Little wins. We’ve not had any this week.

COYB

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 23:13 - Apr 24 with 4028 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:59 - Apr 24 by SitfcB

Need West Brom and Norwich wins to deflate Hull. Little wins. We’ve not had any this week.

I think Hull winning tonight is good for us.

It means they will be playing under serious pressure on Saturday.

They will need to come at us, they can't just sit back.

That could work for us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 23:30 - Apr 24 with 3921 viewsElderGrizzly

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 23:13 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think Hull winning tonight is good for us.

It means they will be playing under serious pressure on Saturday.

They will need to come at us, they can't just sit back.

That could work for us.

Norwich and West Brom win at 3pm and Hull will need almost impossible scores to get in the playoffs.

They’re either going to be deflated by that or taking crazy risks. Both play into our hands imo
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 23:44 - Apr 24 with 3876 views_clive_baker_

I think people are putting far too much emphasis on the ‘on the beach’ b0llocks myself. It’s meaningless, good sides are good sides and want to be good sides every game. The supposed clubs with little to play for have been the ones turning out good results lately, pressure does funny things to people.

The only result that matters is Leeds at QPR. That directly impacts what we need to do.
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 00:12 - Apr 25 with 3765 viewsGuthrum

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:48 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

The same Sheffield Wednesday who are undefeated in four (including against Norwich)?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 00:39 - Apr 25 with 3706 viewsEuropablue

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:59 - Apr 24 by SitfcB

The best way to deflate them is to start strong and get an early goal then beat them.
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 00:45 - Apr 25 with 3693 viewsEuropablue

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 23:44 - Apr 24 by _clive_baker_

I think people are putting far too much emphasis on the ‘on the beach’ b0llocks myself. It’s meaningless, good sides are good sides and want to be good sides every game. The supposed clubs with little to play for have been the ones turning out good results lately, pressure does funny things to people.

The only result that matters is Leeds at QPR. That directly impacts what we need to do.

I think people are putting far too much emphasis on the results of other teams especially the results of teams before we play them. If QPR get a point against Leeds that will be massive for us and make it so we need to win 2 out of 3 games to be guaranteed promotion.
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 01:36 - Apr 25 with 3615 viewsIllinoisblue

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 00:12 - Apr 25 by Guthrum

The same Sheffield Wednesday who are undefeated in four (including against Norwich)?

The very same Sheff Weds who have been in bottom 3 all season long apart from the last five minutes!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 05:35 - Apr 25 with 3379 viewsSitfcB

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 23:44 - Apr 24 by _clive_baker_

I’m just scared ok

COYB

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 06:52 - Apr 25 with 3144 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hopefully that plays into our hands a bit but I am not convinced. Would have been better for last night to be a draw, and/or for them to have lost at Watford on Saturday. It would be no great surprise for one or both of wba and Norwich to lose on Saturday.

Surprises me how people have overlooked how big of a game this is likely to be for Hull, and have prioritised getting wound up by results in games that we are not part of and cannot control. Win our 3 games and we are up.
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 07:54 - Apr 25 with 2816 viewstractorboy1978

Regardless of what happens in the West Brom and Norwich games, Hull are going to be throwing the kitchen sink at it anyway. Rosenior isn't going to suddenly change his game plan 3 hours before kick off.
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 08:10 - Apr 25 with 2713 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 06:52 - Apr 25 by PrideOfTheEast

Hopefully that plays into our hands a bit but I am not convinced. Would have been better for last night to be a draw, and/or for them to have lost at Watford on Saturday. It would be no great surprise for one or both of wba and Norwich to lose on Saturday.

Surprises me how people have overlooked how big of a game this is likely to be for Hull, and have prioritised getting wound up by results in games that we are not part of and cannot control. Win our 3 games and we are up.

"Win our 3 games and we are up."

Really? I'm surprised no-one's mentioned it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 09:16 - Apr 25 with 2356 viewsessexpaul64

Exactly. Leeds fail to win at QPR and we will be promoted. Leeds win and worse case scenario, we in play offs. I would have bitten your hand off for that this time last year 💙
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 10:04 - Apr 25 with 2121 viewsGuthrum

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 01:36 - Apr 25 by Illinoisblue

The very same Sheff Weds who have been in bottom 3 all season long apart from the last five minutes!

Much of that was down to berserk decisions taken over the summer and the consequent horrendous early part of the season. It's just taken them a long time to fight their way back from there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 16:20 - Apr 25 with 1629 views_clive_baker_

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 09:16 - Apr 25 by essexpaul64

Exactly. Leeds fail to win at QPR and we will be promoted. Leeds win and worse case scenario, we in play offs. I would have bitten your hand off for that this time last year 💙

That's where I'm at. I can see us winning 2 games, Huddersfield being one of them and 1 of the 2 away games (probably Cov is more likely given the schedule they've got). If Leeds don't beat QPR that would be enough to guarantee top 2. If they do beat QPR and they come through this week with 2 big away wins then you would have to say fair play. I would them make them strong favourites to beat Southampton at Bellend Road and that would leave us needing 3/3 which I think will be a stretch.

I would say we're 50:50 with Leeds for top 2 right now. If they beat QPR it probably becomes 70:30 in their favour, if they don't it's 60:40 in ours. But as you say, either way we'll still have a shot, we'll have to go to Hull and win, and if its not to be we get another shot through the playoffs.
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 17:32 - Apr 25 with 1469 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whilst I do see what you’re saying, Southampton midweek are a good example of how a team can turn up with no interest whatsoever as soon as their season is over (or until the playoffs in their case).

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 19:08 - Apr 25 with 1314 viewsLankHenners

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 17:32 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Whilst I do see what you’re saying, Southampton midweek are a good example of how a team can turn up with no interest whatsoever as soon as their season is over (or until the playoffs in their case).

If they'd have won they'd be 3 points off the team in 2nd who they still have to play. They had so much interest in that game and were awful.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 19:13 - Apr 25 with 1289 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 19:08 - Apr 25 by LankHenners

If they'd have won they'd be 3 points off the team in 2nd who they still have to play. They had so much interest in that game and were awful.

But with their goal difference, it would affectively still mean they were a point behind. The fact they made 5 changes to their team Tuesday tells the story.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 21:01 - Apr 25 with 1130 viewsLankHenners

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 19:13 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

But with their goal difference, it would affectively still mean they were a point behind. The fact they made 5 changes to their team Tuesday tells the story.

But if Leeds drop points tomorrow they could have overtaken them with a win - there'd be no reason for them to assume that wouldn't happen so therefore not give it all. The story of their changes is that they had injuries so had to make them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 22:48 - Apr 25 with 945 views_clive_baker_

Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 17:32 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Southampton had everything to play for. If they won their 3 games they would’ve been at worst level with Leeds on points (above if Leeds don’t win tomorrow). They could’ve put Leicester under real pressure too. We would’ve needed probably 5 points to finish above them.

Swansea are supposedly on the beach and went to fighting for survival Huddersfield and won 4-0
Cardiff are too and beat Southampton who were still in the mix
Bristol city are and drew at Norwich who are bang in form at home and fighting for playoffs
Watford are too and drew with playoff chasing Hull
In the premier league on the beach Brentford beat fighting for survival Luton 5-1 away

I don’t buy it myself. There’s an argument sides are dangerous with the shackles of the pressure taken off and playing with freedom.

I think it’s fans being a little bit bored in the absence of town games and trying to find some reason to favour certain results, however unsubstantiated.

Coming in to this week for me it was only ever about Leeds results before we played. First one didn’t go our way, I’m really hoping tomorrow does as I think we’ll finish 2nd if they don’t win. If they do it’ll be a tall order IMO, although certainly still possible. Hull is fooking huge regardless innit, can’t wait.
Just seen who West Brom are playing on Saturday… on 23:42 - Apr 25 with 825 viewsEsseeja

Sheffield Wednesday have 21 points from their last 12 games, that's almost promotion form. Röhl deserves credit, considering the position they were previously in, they only managed 7 points in their first 18 games, so to collect 40 from the 26 games afterwards is quite something.
I still think they'll stay up, I thought they would since January but it's really close now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024