Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah but you can't even be English these days 15:25 - Apr 23 with 7290 viewsnoggin

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/violent-clash-breaks-out-far-right-groups-descend-on-

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I upvoted it ! (n/t) on 00:00 - Apr 24 with 1392 viewsWhos_blue

I upvoted it ! (n/t) on 23:07 - Apr 23 by Bloots

I saw that!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 09:25 - Apr 24 with 1229 viewsDJR

Laurence Fox was there.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/laurence-fox-attended-st-georges-march-an

And here's a video which shows Laurence with our Tommy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-3173967/Video-Laurence-Fox-joins-To
[Post edited 24 Apr 9:29]
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 09:46 - Apr 24 with 1196 viewsEuropablue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 16:22 - Apr 23 by _clive_baker_

Imagine spending your Tuesday draped in a St George's cross and aimlessly shouting things in London for the day with a bunch of bigots. I can generally understand why there's a big turnout for big England games etc, and people might get caught up by association with such flag sh@ggers, but to actually go out of your way to make a day out for this is absolutely bonkers.

The most upsetting part of it is all those flags with the word "ENGLAND" written on them. I can't quite explain why, but I just hate those flags so much because the St Georges flag says England without the need for lettering.
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 09:48 - Apr 24 with 1185 viewsleitrimblue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 09:25 - Apr 24 by DJR

Laurence Fox was there.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/laurence-fox-attended-st-georges-march-an

And here's a video which shows Laurence with our Tommy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-3173967/Video-Laurence-Fox-joins-To
[Post edited 24 Apr 9:29]

The 2 of um could just be a couple of friends innocently walking home after attending their place of worship..
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 09:58 - Apr 24 with 1172 viewsEuropablue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 16:06 - Apr 23 by Bigalhunter

My favourite bit.
One person posted online: "You lot have lost the plot. Jewish people not aloud (sic) to walk around London and now anyone who celebrates St. George's day is Far Right. Get a grip.....jeeeeez"

They're not even that patriotic.
If they really loved England they'd be wearing this super-duper England flag!

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 10:45 - Apr 24 with 1120 viewsDJR

They say immigrants steal the hubcaps
Of the respected gentlemen
They say it would be wine an' roses
If England were for Englishmen again

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 11:04 - Apr 24 with 1075 viewsBlueschev

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 10:45 - Apr 24 by DJR

They say immigrants steal the hubcaps
Of the respected gentlemen
They say it would be wine an' roses
If England were for Englishmen again

Sandinista is definitely my favourite Clash record. so varied with so many tunes.
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 11:15 - Apr 24 with 1049 viewsDJR

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 11:04 - Apr 24 by Blueschev

Sandinista is definitely my favourite Clash record. so varied with so many tunes.

Me too. And surely there has never been a more eclectic album?
Login to get fewer ads

Blimey Noggers, I can’t believe…. on 11:19 - Apr 24 with 1033 viewsjaykay

Blimey Noggers, I can’t believe…. on 19:31 - Apr 23 by SitfcB

I thought this was a little quip about him having TikTok but then remembered what happens when you share a TikTok link…

I don’t know why but I always expected Noggers to have plenty of hair, I think it’s because of the Norway connection.

maybe its short due to the time he served in the forces for this country . which is true.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 11:26 - Apr 24 with 995 viewsBlueschev

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 11:15 - Apr 24 by DJR

Me too. And surely there has never been a more eclectic album?

Not that I can think of. The White Album maybe?
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 11:42 - Apr 24 with 944 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 11:26 - Apr 24 by Blueschev

Not that I can think of. The White Album maybe?

You can have great fun making a Paul only White Album or a John only White album. The Paul only White album is still very eclectic, whilst the John only White album is far less so.

Then of course, there is the endless fun of "make the White Album into a single disc album of 14 songs". No one ever agrees which 14 it should be.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:01 - Apr 24 with 897 viewsBlueschev

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 11:42 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

You can have great fun making a Paul only White Album or a John only White album. The Paul only White album is still very eclectic, whilst the John only White album is far less so.

Then of course, there is the endless fun of "make the White Album into a single disc album of 14 songs". No one ever agrees which 14 it should be.

Now that's the kind of music nerd fun I love, it's just a shame nobody in my house feels the same way.
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:36 - Apr 24 with 840 viewsleitrimblue

After having a quick read through this it does seem that the English desperately need to define and celebrate their own culture.

Look everyone loves mowing the lawn and eating freshly baked scones but there is so much he more to English culture then this.

I would suggest for example much of the best music of the last 60-70 years as come out of England.
I can't imagine the most innovative music, such as punk or rave, jungle etc originating anywhere else.

Fashion, ( have you seen the shocking dress sense of the average European? )even food. I feck1n love traditional English delicacies like pork pies, pasties, pickled onions etc.

Even on a wider scale its possible to argue that English/UK food is the food of the world. There is more variety and food options from around the world in English cities then anywhere else I've visited.

I'm sure there are hundreds of other cultural highlights others can think of

If we don't define and celebrate the finer points of English culture its left to morans like Tommy Robinson and Laurence Fox to drap themselves in a St George's Cross and believe they are representing English culture
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:43 - Apr 24 with 809 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:36 - Apr 24 by leitrimblue

After having a quick read through this it does seem that the English desperately need to define and celebrate their own culture.

Look everyone loves mowing the lawn and eating freshly baked scones but there is so much he more to English culture then this.

I would suggest for example much of the best music of the last 60-70 years as come out of England.
I can't imagine the most innovative music, such as punk or rave, jungle etc originating anywhere else.

Fashion, ( have you seen the shocking dress sense of the average European? )even food. I feck1n love traditional English delicacies like pork pies, pasties, pickled onions etc.

Even on a wider scale its possible to argue that English/UK food is the food of the world. There is more variety and food options from around the world in English cities then anywhere else I've visited.

If we don't define and celebrate the finer points of English culture its left to morans like Tommy Robinson and Laurence Fox to drap themselves in a St George's Cross and believe they are representing English culture

"Even on a wider scale its possible to argue that English/UK food is the food of the world."

Quite right. English food gets everywhere. They even have curries in India now, believe it or not

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:45 - Apr 24 with 798 viewsJ2BLUE

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:43 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

"Even on a wider scale its possible to argue that English/UK food is the food of the world."

Quite right. English food gets everywhere. They even have curries in India now, believe it or not

Evidence?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:58 - Apr 24 with 767 viewsleitrimblue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:43 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

There you go. Proves my point completely .

Take the humble sausage Swanners. Have you ever had a euro sausage anywhere near as good? Yer, bratwurst is probably as close as it gets. I have no time for chorizo overrated, over processed and over here.

Also did you ever wake up in a hotel room in Spain after a few beers the day before and run downstairs for the help yerself breakfast buffet only to find the sausages aren't real? Instead there some weird boiled euro sausage?

I rest my case
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 14:39 - Apr 24 with 685 viewsKeno

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:58 - Apr 24 by leitrimblue

Take the humble sausage Swanners. Have you ever had a euro sausage anywhere near as good? Yer, bratwurst is probably as close as it gets. I have no time for chorizo overrated, over processed and over here.

Also did you ever wake up in a hotel room in Spain after a few beers the day before and run downstairs for the help yerself breakfast buffet only to find the sausages aren't real? Instead there some weird boiled euro sausage?

I rest my case

I like a nice big firm meaty polish sausage

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Blimey Noggers, I can’t believe…. on 15:04 - Apr 24 with 651 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Blimey Noggers, I can’t believe…. on 19:31 - Apr 23 by SitfcB

I thought this was a little quip about him having TikTok but then remembered what happens when you share a TikTok link…

I don’t know why but I always expected Noggers to have plenty of hair, I think it’s because of the Norway connection.

Wow... you're literally trolling...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 15:17 - Apr 24 with 644 viewsleitrimblue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 14:39 - Apr 24 by Keno

I like a nice big firm meaty polish sausage

Yer, but this thread is about English culture, not your large European sausage preferences..
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 15:39 - Apr 24 with 616 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:45 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Evidence?

Do you think I'm Sparks or something?

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 15:40 - Apr 24 with 609 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:58 - Apr 24 by leitrimblue

I rest my case

Whatever you do, don't come to Glamorgan and ask for a Glamorgan Sausage with your breakfast. You'll be deeply disappointed.

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 16:05 - Apr 24 with 565 viewsleitrimblue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 15:40 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

Whatever you do, don't come to Glamorgan and ask for a Glamorgan Sausage with your breakfast. You'll be deeply disappointed.

I just googled it. What an absolute shocker. Complete disrespect for the humble sausage
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 16:06 - Apr 24 with 559 viewsJ2BLUE

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 15:40 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

Wow they sound decent!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 16:41 - Apr 24 with 474 viewsEuropablue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 12:36 - Apr 24 by leitrimblue

Food is a weak point for us English as the traditional stuff is not that good except for roasts and toad in the hole. Anyway, French food is really bad, but that never stopped them romanticizing French food.

The English language and sports are our best exports.
Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 17:08 - Apr 24 with 453 viewsleitrimblue

Yeah but you can't even be English these days on 16:41 - Apr 24 by Europablue

Food is a weak point for us English as the traditional stuff is not that good except for roasts and toad in the hole. Anyway, French food is really bad, but that never stopped them romanticizing French food.

The English language and sports are our best exports.

Except roasts, toad in a hole, the fried breakfast, steak and kidney pie, pork pie, pasties, scotch egg, I could go on.

Sport is a excellent suggestion. England gave the world football! Literally the world's number one sport. Surely that alone is something to be proud of but when you add in tennis, boxing and darts it's suddenly a super impressive portfolio. That's without adding the sh1te sports like rugby and cricket
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024