Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you be disappointed… 07:46 - Apr 23 with 2782 viewschicoazul

…if we don’t make it this season? As in genuinely authentic disappointment at a lost opportunity and (maybe) losing the best young manager in England.
On the one hand, yes of course Chico duurrrrrrr we all want success.
On the other, I dunno about you but I was holding a vague hope for a cheeky tilt at the playoffs this year as opposed to this nerve shredding shoot out for top two we are now in.
I don’t think I could find it in me to be disappointed? This season and last have been so good it almost feels like betraying something to feel any more than mildly irritated if it doesn’t happen.
Guess we’ll see, and it’s still in our hands.
COYFBs.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Will you be disappointed… on 09:51 - Apr 23 with 608 viewsEuropablue

It would be a disappointment in the outcome, not in the players and the staff who we would be very proud of either way. What they have managed this season deserves to be rewarded with something tangible. Coming third and losing in the playoffs is potentially more damaging to the club than finishing 7th. There could well be a hangover, and certainly the vultures will be circling for our manager and our players. Anyway, I choose to believe that that is an alternate reality and I won't indulge thoughts about not making it while we have a great opportunity for automatic promotion and the insurance policy of the playoffs.
Will you be disappointed… on 09:57 - Apr 23 with 592 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Yes and no.

Yes, if come this close not to make it.

No, after a stunning season that has surpassed almost all of our expectations.

I thought top 10 with an outside chance of sneaking a PO spot was realistic so I think it's been an amazing season

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Will you be disappointed… on 10:08 - Apr 23 with 557 viewsbrazil1982

I wouldn't be too disappointed but will be furious if we lose the play off to "them".
Will you be disappointed… on 10:19 - Apr 23 with 526 viewsfarkenhell

Will you be disappointed… on 09:00 - Apr 23 by N2_Blue

That is the fear. That one of the most memorable seasons ever could be forever tarnished by a memory of them ending it for us and themselves potentially getting promoted at our expense. Can you imagine, we'll never hear the end of it from them until the day we hit our graves.

The possibility is far too great for my liking. Not sayng it's going to happen and i'm still confident if we do play them but I'd rather not have the possibility of it happening at all.
[Post edited 23 Apr 9:02]

Alternatively, if we do meet them in the play-offs, we'll have the opportunity to settle a few scores. And let them know it.
Will you be disappointed… on 10:19 - Apr 23 with 525 viewsfarkenhell

Will you be disappointed… on 08:55 - Apr 23 by ParisBlue

I'd be more disappointed for the players, many of whom have worked hard at lower leagues to get this chance of a lifetime. Burns, Burgess, Luongo, Morsy, Chaplin, Hladky etc

Spot on.
Will you be disappointed… on 10:22 - Apr 23 with 521 viewsSimonds92

Yes, its an opportunity to capitalise on the momentum we built from last season with one of the best managers in the country. Morsy is probably at his peak this season, we have a £25m left back. Next season would be a rebuild and I really can't see us doing anything next season if we don't go up, i would think we would be somewhere like Middlesbrough this season. I had us down for the top 6 this season so we have overperformed my expectations slightly but we do need to capitalise. The thing which is nagging for me is not our recent run but the games over xmas against QPR and Stoke. We absolutely dominated those games and if we had a striker we would be on the brink of promotion right now.
Will you be disappointed… on 10:36 - Apr 23 with 494 viewsDubtractor

Will you be disappointed… on 07:48 - Apr 23 by WeirdFishes

I’ll be disappointed, 100% but not at the players if that makes sense. Unbelievably proud of what they’ve achieved but to miss out by a hair will no doubt be disappointing.

This.

It'll be gutting, having got this close, but I'll be more proud of what the team has achieved and excited to see what next season brings.

The big fear for me is not staying in this division, but the risk of losing McKenna if we don't go up.
[Post edited 23 Apr 10:37]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Will you be disappointed… on 10:41 - Apr 23 with 480 viewsBasuco

Regardless of if we make it or not, my big disappointment will be losing players who have taken us, fans and the club, on an amazing journey. Who all became part of a fantastic squad and team over the last two years, I hated it when Greg Leigh left for Oxford.
Login to get fewer ads

Will you be disappointed… on 12:42 - Apr 23 with 395 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Will you be disappointed… on 09:41 - Apr 23 by PrideOfTheEast

Disappointed because I think the players and manager have been fantastic. As a fan of the club, team, town, county etc I’m pretty relaxed - the trajectory is brilliant and we’ll go up sooner or later.

Trying very hard to relax and enjoy it. We are involved in massive games again and I would have given a lot for that over the last 15 years.

Well said.

For a long time during the Evans era there was nothing to play for. The last minute winner at Watford in 2015 was about as exciting as it got.

Now every match matters and we've got skin in the game again.
Will you be disappointed… on 13:31 - Apr 23 with 360 viewsBlue_In_Boston

When you have sat top of the table with three fixtures left failure to achieve promotion would be devastating. Forget being newly promoted we have been front runners all season, missing out would be a golden opportunity thrown away, and they don't necessarily come around too often
Will you be disappointed… on 13:34 - Apr 23 with 358 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Will you be disappointed… on 07:50 - Apr 23 by portmanking

I think there's a natural fear of failure and the vultures then circling around our manager and best player(s).

If you could tell me McKenna would be here for at least another 12 months come what may, I might be considerably more relaxed about the situation.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. If we could be guaranteed next season with this squad and manager with the three coming down from the Prem I would fancy our chances. Maybe I'm pessimistic but if we do miss out I would be concerned that we would be 'cherry picked' of our best players and manager.
Will you be disappointed… on 14:53 - Apr 23 with 302 viewsVegtablue

Yes, though not the slight anger/annoyance you may feel. Is that a product of how unusually supercharged this season has been or Leicester's financial situation? I was irritated by this stuff but came to terms with it: the PL is a far uglier place in these regards, should we get there. But the team would be gutted and I'd be gutted for them. I'd also be sad that the opportunity had just eluded us. If we'd been flirting with a cheeky tilt at the playoffs all season only to fall short at the death, my feelings would be more toned down but not dramatically different. None of the above detracts from the pride I feel in the group, obvs.

There are numerous examples in this league of teams who just missed out one year, then failed to trouble the next. 4th-8th in 22/23 have all dropped back in 23/24. I wouldn't be certain of a similar points haul next season if we miss out this; hopeful of a repeat sure, but so were Boro fans etc.. The team of 23/24 won't all be together whatever happens, but 24/25 in the Championship would feel so much brighter if/when the summer passes and McKenna stays. Lose the bloke and it would all feel very disappointing.
Will you be disappointed… on 14:56 - Apr 23 with 291 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If we lost to Norwich in the playoffs id be broken.

Any other way, id be gutted but think I would eventually get over it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Will you be disappointed… on 15:07 - Apr 23 with 263 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

If we are standing at Wembley having lost yes of course I'd be disappointed as would every Town fan. However that doesn't mean you wouldn't be feeling many other emotions with the main one being pride.
Will you be disappointed… on 15:19 - Apr 23 with 247 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Will you be disappointed… on 08:18 - Apr 23 by FrimleyBlue

Beg to differ flash. They weren't hurting us in any other way and he was a big help all through the game during their set pieces. But what's done is done.

I think it was just one of those things really. Very easy to have answers in hindsight but the truth is something like that happening is pretty rare, and it's rather simplistic to simply pin it on Moore going off.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024