Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive 12:26 - Apr 22 with 1475 viewsunstableblue

I do think we want a Hull v Cov draw on Weds; and then Norwich to beat Swansea at home and West Brom to beat Sheff Weds away on Saturday afternoon.

Effectively making Hull game a dead rubber for them on Saturday night.

Thoughts?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 12:32 - Apr 22 with 1410 viewshomer_123

Win our remaining games and we are up.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 12:41 - Apr 22 with 1356 viewsNutkins_Return

Obviously makes no difference what we want but quite enjoyable to look at the scenarios.

Agree with the first two but no I want Shef Wed to win and Birmingham to beat Huddersfield so that Huddersfield have nothing to play for last game. As it stands if Huddersfield gets something from Birmingham game they will be win or bust mode for last game against us and that's incredibly dangerous.
As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 12:41 - Apr 22 with 1366 viewsVegtablue

Wednesday to draw with West Brom, Birmingham to beat Huddersfield, Coventry to draw with Hull, Norwich to beat Swansea. Blackburn to beat or draw with Coventry.

Hull would then need to beat us by 10+, making for an open contest. Coventry and Huddersfield would be out.
As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 12:57 - Apr 22 with 1280 viewsEuropablue

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 12:41 - Apr 22 by Vegtablue

Wednesday to draw with West Brom, Birmingham to beat Huddersfield, Coventry to draw with Hull, Norwich to beat Swansea. Blackburn to beat or draw with Coventry.

Hull would then need to beat us by 10+, making for an open contest. Coventry and Huddersfield would be out.

I'd rather Blackburn lose to need to take points from Leicester on the last day.
POST OF THE DAY (n/t) on 12:59 - Apr 22 with 1261 viewsunstableblue

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 12:41 - Apr 22 by Vegtablue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:00 - Apr 22 with 1256 viewsVegtablue

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 12:57 - Apr 22 by Europablue

I'd rather Blackburn lose to need to take points from Leicester on the last day.

That would keep Coventry alive against us if all other results stay the same, but would make for an open game as they'd need to claw back 6-8 goals from West Brom over two matches.
POST OF THE DAY (n/t) on 13:03 - Apr 22 with 1238 viewsVegtablue

POST OF THE DAY (n/t) on 12:59 - Apr 22 by unstableblue

Lol I wouldn't go that far, would swap it all for a Boro win tonight!
As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:18 - Apr 22 with 1153 viewsGeoffSentence

Why do you want Sheffield Wednesday to survive?

Not sure I care either way, but if pressed I'd be quite happy form them to go straight back down again given the antics of their coin throwing fans last year.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:38 - Apr 22 with 1044 viewsIllinoisblue

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:18 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

Not sure I care either way, but if pressed I'd be quite happy form them to go straight back down again given the antics of their coin throwing fans last year.

I want Birmingham to go down purely because of the bantz seeing a team relegated wearing UNDFTD kit and training

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:42 - Apr 22 with 1012 viewsGeoffSentence

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:38 - Apr 22 by Illinoisblue

I want Birmingham to go down purely because of the bantz seeing a team relegated wearing UNDFTD kit and training

Of the teams in the mix, Brum and Sheff W to go down would probably be the best result.

No issues with Hudds, Plymouth are alright, Brum's fans have a bit of a reputation, and Wednesday's fans have been a bunch of knobbers over the past couple of years.

Mind you Wednesday selling us Magilton still weighs heavily in their favour.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:49 - Apr 22 with 961 viewsyorkshireblue

I find the whole 'wanting them to have nothing to play for' thing a bit odd on hereand social media.... What did Cardiff have to play for whe they beat Southampton? A poor Swansea side with nothing to play for stuck four past an even poorer Huddersfield fighting for their survival.

And the week before that Sunderland - with nothing to play for - beat West Brom.

Almost as if it doesn't really matter.
As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:49 - Apr 22 with 953 viewsEuropablue

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:18 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

I want Wednesday to stay up mostly because of the manager and how he has performed. They were dead and buried, but they have come back. I also have a little fondness for them considering they were so kind as to let us have second place last season and finally, Wednesday have already taken their League One medicine.
As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 14:02 - Apr 22 with 900 viewsVegtablue

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 13:49 - Apr 22 by yorkshireblue

I find the whole 'wanting them to have nothing to play for' thing a bit odd on hereand social media.... What did Cardiff have to play for whe they beat Southampton? A poor Swansea side with nothing to play for stuck four past an even poorer Huddersfield fighting for their survival.

And the week before that Sunderland - with nothing to play for - beat West Brom.

Almost as if it doesn't really matter.

There may be something to be said for those who suffer big disappointments just beforehand, especially if they were digging deep in previous games. Those who have long been "on the beach" are making a mockery of the cliché though, absolutely. Living their best lives out there with none of the dread.
As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 14:11 - Apr 22 with 851 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I thought this. But then Cardiff had nothing to play for vs saints. I think sometimes playing for nothing means you play with more freedom.

So its hard to say

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 14:22 - Apr 22 with 783 viewsbluejacko

NO team is going to roll over!it’s up to us.
As much as I dislike Norwich and also want Sheff Weds to survive on 14:37 - Apr 22 with 712 viewsdirtyboy

Worth remembering we're Hull's last home game of the season, they won't want to end on a loss at home.

Whatever the results elsewhere, Hull and Coventry will be very difficult games to come away with wins from.

Huddersfield could also be massive for both teams which could bring about all sorts of permutations, let's at least hope that last game has something to play for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024