Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever 12:55 - Apr 14 with 1316 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m sure there are other examples but right now it’s a bizarre mix of dread and fear despite us being top and having it in our own hands.

Football, bloody hell.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:01 - Apr 14 with 1273 viewsJ2BLUE

You need to chill.

By the time we next play, our two away games might be against teams with no hope of the play offs.

We've just got to enjoy this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:06 - Apr 14 with 1243 views_clive_baker_

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:01 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

You need to chill.

By the time we next play, our two away games might be against teams with no hope of the play offs.

There’s also a scenario, albeit an unlikely one, where we go to Hull still in 2nd and with a win securing promotion, with 2 games left to play.

All we can do now is chill and hope the other teams cock up.
This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:07 - Apr 14 with 1233 viewsIllinoisblue

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:01 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

You need to chill.

Chill?! This is no time to chill. It’s literally impossible. By the time we next play we could be in HAVE to win territory.

I am comforted by having KM in charge, by Burns returning, and the fact other clubs are wobbling just like us. (If you can call us being 2nd in the 10-game form table as a ‘wobble’)

COYB

62 - 78 - 81

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:07 - Apr 14 with 1212 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You need to chill.

Don't those teams tend to relax and play better?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:08 - Apr 14 with 1211 viewsTheBoyBlue

We'll know pretty much what we need to get when we next play, hopefully some injured players back, a squad rested, a lot of time to work on what needs working on and three games in a few days to potentially get promotion to the Premier League.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all shapes up in the next fortnight.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:09 - Apr 14 with 1195 viewsBlueOura

I know what you mean but i'm clinging to the theory that we are due a good away performance or two and that we will hopefully be refreshed and also have Burns back. People also talking about Hirst but I really don't see that as he will be way off being match fit

I just feel like we are going to step it up now and repeat the Peternorough/Derby/Barnsley type performances of last season that we produced when it really mattered. It is our destiny to go up this season and we must believe it is going to happen.
This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:09 - Apr 14 with 1194 viewsLankHenners

It’s only one day into the break and I’m already a bit sick with anxiety about what the table will look like by the time we play again and whether we’ll be able to do what we might need to.

Can’t help feeling that a week’s enough time for Leicester and Leeds to shake off their problems and get right back at it for the final games. I also keep flicking between rationalising that the last two home games were good performances where we looked tired but still fought well and just came out the wrong side of close margins, and feeling frustrated that they were much better chances to pick up points than the upcoming away fixtures and therefore this week’s been a missed opportunity. Guess we’ll have to wait and see whether they’re ‘good’ points or not depending on how the others do. Would feel a tall order if we’re put in a position where we have to win all 3 remaining matches.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:11 - Apr 14 with 1163 viewsHerbivore

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:06 - Apr 14 by _clive_baker_

There’s also a scenario, albeit an unlikely one, where we go to Hull still in 2nd and with a win securing promotion, with 2 games left to play.

All we can do now is chill and hope the other teams cock up.

I'm not sure how anyone can see Leeds' recent form and think it's nailed on they're going to get results at Boro and QPR. Of course they may well do, they've got a lot of quality in their squads, but they're wobbling more than we are and those are two tough away games. As you say, there's a scenario where a win against Hull seals promotion for us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:12 - Apr 14 with 1156 viewsSitfcB

It would be nice to be able to switch off for a couple of weeks but that’s impossible in the position we’re in and with the amount of games being played that affect us.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:14 - Apr 14 with 1137 viewsbazza

To be fair, if hull and coventry are out of it, by the time we play them, I don’t think their fans would want to see either Leicester or Leeds promoted. Which could be good for us. Maybe.
This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:17 - Apr 14 with 1105 viewsIllinoisblue

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:12 - Apr 14 by SitfcB

It would be nice to be able to switch off for a couple of weeks but that’s impossible in the position we’re in and with the amount of games being played that affect us.

I’d feel more relaxed if it was more of a L1 schedule and we were all playing at the same times. These fixtures are ridiculous.

62 - 78 - 81

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:17 - Apr 14 with 1106 viewspennblue

The worst case scenario is we have to win all three

The most likely scenario is 2 out of 3 will be enough,
But that means we need 3 pts at either hull or coventry

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:07 - Apr 14 with 780 viewsIllinoisblue

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:17 - Apr 14 by pennblue

The worst case scenario is we have to win all three

The most likely scenario is 2 out of 3 will be enough,
But that means we need 3 pts at either hull or coventry

I’ll be amazed if two wins will be enough.

62 - 78 - 81

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:15 - Apr 14 with 756 viewsHerbivore

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:07 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

I’ll be amazed if two wins will be enough.

Why? If we win two of our last three then Leeds have to win all three of their games to finish ahead of us. That's possible of course but based on their recent form I'm not sure it's likely.

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:19 - Apr 14 with 728 viewsmarchy

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:15 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

Why? If we win two of our last three then Leeds have to win all three of their games to finish ahead of us. That's possible of course but based on their recent form I'm not sure it's likely.

And even then it needs Leicester to turn their form around too, or Southampton to win everything, for us to drop out of the top two. It's like people have suddenly forgotten there's two spots up for grabs.
This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:30 - Apr 14 with 686 viewsHerbivore

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:19 - Apr 14 by marchy

And even then it needs Leicester to turn their form around too, or Southampton to win everything, for us to drop out of the top two. It's like people have suddenly forgotten there's two spots up for grabs.

And if Saints do win all their remaining games then two wins guarantees we finish above Leeds and would have a very decent chance of finishing above Leicester too.

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:37 - Apr 14 with 638 viewstractorboy1978

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:15 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

Leeds are in must win territory now. As you say, if they draw a game, 6 points is enough for us. If they lose one then 5 points is enough. There's a long list of games I'd rather have than Boro away next week as well.
This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:37 - Apr 14 with 633 viewsmarchy

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:30 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

And if Saints do win all their remaining games then two wins guarantees we finish above Leeds and would have a very decent chance of finishing above Leicester too.

Weird old vibe today isn't it? We did miss out on a bit of an opening to make the whole thing less nerve-wracking but we're a step closer than we were on Friday, yet the general mood now seems to expect Leeds and Leicester to resume their blockbusting form but somehow rule out any possibility that the likes of Chaplin, Broadhead or Moore revert to being matchwinners.
This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 15:39 - Apr 14 with 625 viewsNthQldITFC

This feels like the least convincing “it’s in our hands” feeling ever on 13:07 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

Chill?! This is no time to chill. It’s literally impossible. By the time we next play we could be in HAVE to win territory.

I am comforted by having KM in charge, by Burns returning, and the fact other clubs are wobbling just like us. (If you can call us being 2nd in the 10-game form table as a ‘wobble’)

COYB

I'm looking at it like this:

If we win three games on the trot we are promoted. We've already done this seven discrete times this season (or twelve if you count overlapping runs of three).

Nothing Leeds or Leicester do before we start that run of three games (or after) can make it any harder for us. All they can do is slip up again and make it easier for us.

We'll be well rested by the time we start those three games.

As you say, we have Kieran McKenna in charge, and he knows exactly what we need.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024