Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
going our way 18:21 - Apr 13 with 2344 viewscaptainfantastic

We'd have certainly taken gaining a point on Leeds and Leicester at the start of this weekend.

I think it has turned out nicely for us.

Leeds are firing blanks since the international break, and have 3 tough games left - away at Boro and QPR and home to Saints.

Leicester - something is going on there since the FFP stuff - again they have issues at CF and are playing WBA and Saints next...

Wes back for next game is massive for us

COYB

Poll: player of the season so far?

going our way on 20:15 - Apr 13 with 636 viewsbilllm

going our way on 19:53 - Apr 13 by Stewart27

Imagine what Leeds and Leicester are saying.

Honestly why do you bother?

Could you define bother,?
going our way on 20:17 - Apr 13 with 631 views_clive_baker_

going our way on 18:49 - Apr 13 by DinDjarin

Cardiff 3 points dropped
4 more v Watford Boro
Would of put us 9 clear of leeds with 9 to play for from them

We should’ve just won all 43 of our games and we would’ve been promoted ages ago.
going our way on 20:17 - Apr 13 with 631 viewsbilllm

going our way on 20:01 - Apr 13 by Plums

I think we all know this - as do the players and management. The pressure is massive.

But surely you can see how we've massively overachieved this season and just being in touch, never mind top of the table is incredible?

I don't disagree,
I don't think I've questioned this,
going our way on 20:19 - Apr 13 with 615 viewsbilllm

going our way on 20:02 - Apr 13 by You_Bloo_Right

Why?

Why, take no form atm
going our way on 20:20 - Apr 13 with 604 viewsbilllm

going our way on 19:57 - Apr 13 by Stewart27

If Leeds would have won today it would be difficult for us to overturn them!!

Honestly what planet are you on?!

Earth
going our way on 20:22 - Apr 13 with 597 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

going our way on 20:19 - Apr 13 by billlm

Why, take no form atm

And in a language I can comprehend?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

going our way on 20:22 - Apr 13 with 597 viewsbilllm

going our way on 20:17 - Apr 13 by _clive_baker_

We should’ve just won all 43 of our games and we would’ve been promoted ages ago.

Your better than that,
going our way on 20:22 - Apr 13 with 597 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

going our way on 18:46 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

I’m impressed with anyone who’s upbeat about us failing to really put some distance between us and the rest. I know it’s illogical to expect a win, but all I’ve been doing this afternoon is ranting in my own head ‘FFS, HOW MANY CHANCES DO WE NEED?’

For now I’m pissed off we’ve let another golden opportunity slip through our fingers. I’ll calm down by tomorrow though and remember there are two teams in every match and any result is possible. Boro have also picked up, so it was never going to be easy.

Yep, Truth be told I feel really flat after that one. This week in general. What great chance, twice, that we didn't take twice.

Really really tough to take that.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

going our way on 20:22 - Apr 13 with 594 viewsFrimleyBlue

I wouldn't say it's going our way..but at least we've picked up a couple of points.

It's incredibly hard not to be frustrated at the fact we could and probably should be 1 win away from promotion. We've had 2 home games and dropped 4 points and midtable sides.

I am proud that we haven't lost these games and I get the situation around everything. But if you look at it as exactly the same way the other sides fans would.. the opportunity was there and we haven't taken it.

It's still in our own hands.. but it's been in our own hands and we've not won them. So it's all to play for for all sides.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

going our way on 20:25 - Apr 13 with 583 viewsbilllm

going our way on 20:22 - Apr 13 by You_Bloo_Right

And in a language I can comprehend?

Leeds have no form,
Simply just for you if we had won today we would be four points clear and the chances of them overtaking us in 3 games pretty slim if that,
Clarified,
going our way on 20:28 - Apr 13 with 574 viewsbilllm

going our way on 20:22 - Apr 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yep, Truth be told I feel really flat after that one. This week in general. What great chance, twice, that we didn't take twice.

Really really tough to take that.

Tbh me to but Im not allowed to express myself like that upsets the hierarchy on here, but we've blown twice this week to all but be promoted,
If we're not we will be next year,
going our way on 20:47 - Apr 13 with 538 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

going our way on 20:25 - Apr 13 by billlm

Leeds have no form,
Simply just for you if we had won today we would be four points clear and the chances of them overtaking us in 3 games pretty slim if that,
Clarified,

OK I understand what you are implying so thanks for that.

However you are using one game to support one side of your argument but ignoring recent form as it suits (Leeds 5 points from the last possible 15, Leicester 6 from the last possible 15, Ipswich 8 from the last possible 15).

Would we have been better off 4 points clear of Leeds? Undoubtedly.

Will they or Leicester make up whatever the points difference is? Who knows? The pure numbers suggest not.

The fact is that we have gained another point, sit top of the table and have 3 games to go. And if you had told me that at the start of the season then never mind your arm I'd have bitten your head off for that.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

going our way on 20:59 - Apr 13 with 523 viewsnorfsufblue

Anyone feeling flat and looking back at dropped points throughout the season just take a look at the " games lost" column...... its all the evidence you need to judge how OUR team compares to all the others. We've lost 10 in 2 seasons, possibly another record, certainly for us!
going our way on 21:01 - Apr 13 with 523 viewsVegtablue

I'm somewhere in the middle. Concentrating on ourselves, this has been a difficult start to the final period. A gloomy loss to that lot in which we really weren't good enough, followed by two home draws. Most would have pencilled in at least 4 points for these beforehand to remain in contention, if not 6. That's our hardest, 2nd easiest and 3rd easiest games ticked off on paper.

Leicester and Leeds' results have transformed the picture, obviously, but we've been unable to demonstrate that we're not for wobbling ourselves. People seem strangely confident that L&L will continue to drop points, even though their performances remain pretty high, their squads remain pretty deep and the requirements now are as low as two or three consecutive wins. Blink and you may have got them. Leicester won their last two home games and are at home for three of their last four.

What we did achieve today was a much better performance. Great effort, energy, brave football. I see us being under the cosh for large parts of the next two and I'm convinced 2 points won't be enough from them. Impossible to call really!
going our way on 21:09 - Apr 13 with 497 viewsbilllm

going our way on 20:47 - Apr 13 by You_Bloo_Right

OK I understand what you are implying so thanks for that.

However you are using one game to support one side of your argument but ignoring recent form as it suits (Leeds 5 points from the last possible 15, Leicester 6 from the last possible 15, Ipswich 8 from the last possible 15).

Would we have been better off 4 points clear of Leeds? Undoubtedly.

Will they or Leicester make up whatever the points difference is? Who knows? The pure numbers suggest not.

The fact is that we have gained another point, sit top of the table and have 3 games to go. And if you had told me that at the start of the season then never mind your arm I'd have bitten your head off for that.

Ok put like that all seems favourable,
going our way on 21:11 - Apr 13 with 490 viewsSwansea_Blue

going our way on 20:22 - Apr 13 by FrimleyBlue

I wouldn't say it's going our way..but at least we've picked up a couple of points.

It's incredibly hard not to be frustrated at the fact we could and probably should be 1 win away from promotion. We've had 2 home games and dropped 4 points and midtable sides.

I am proud that we haven't lost these games and I get the situation around everything. But if you look at it as exactly the same way the other sides fans would.. the opportunity was there and we haven't taken it.

It's still in our own hands.. but it's been in our own hands and we've not won them. So it's all to play for for all sides.

That all seems bleedingly obvious to me, but apparently it’s taboo to point out we had opportunities this week to further increase the gap after knowing other results but didn’t take them. I’m not sure how fans can’t be disappointed or frustrated at dropping points, but here we are. I’d be very surprised if Kieran is delighted with only 2 points out of the last nine available. I bet he’d have liked more and will be frustrated we didn’t kill the last two games off.

We’ll all go again for the next match, obviously, although I don’t see what’s wrong with fans chewing the fat over a result and wearing their hearts on their sleeves. It’s all part of the game.
[Post edited 13 Apr 21:13]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

going our way on 21:35 - Apr 13 with 436 viewsChurchman

going our way on 20:28 - Apr 13 by billlm

Tbh me to but Im not allowed to express myself like that upsets the hierarchy on here, but we've blown twice this week to all but be promoted,
If we're not we will be next year,

There no hierarchy. Everyone is entitled to a view. I get what you are saying. Two opportunities after last Saturday’s disappointment and we failed to take them. We failed to take them because Watford and Middlesbrough put in performances. We played well at times, especially today, but simply, we got the points we deserved. I think we forget how tough this league can be.

Leeds and Leicester have also had opportunities to get it done, one of them having cheated off the pitch and at times on it. They’ve both struggled. Big picture says that’s how it goes in a 46 game season.

The important thing is we have three games to go, we are in this. Our form, though could be better, is not as bad as Leicester’s and Leeds’ isn’t great either. I heard Farke’s interview. What the heck he was on about god only knows.

Overall, my hope a month ago was that we’d be in the mix by this stage. We are and that’s enough for me.
[Post edited 13 Apr 22:13]
going our way on 22:05 - Apr 13 with 390 viewsIPSWICHINIO

I felt really deflated after our game, and I still do. I understand that we're 2 points clear in first, but had we got even 3 points from these past two games, we would have been 3 points ahead of Leeds which would have afforded us one draw and two wins from our last 3 games. Instead, because of our goal difference, if we were to draw even one of our away games and Leeds win, we would find ourselves below Leeds on goal difference. Add to this, we now need to worry about Southampton too. We've got two really difficult away games coming up and our away form and performances have been poor of late, we will probably need at least 4 points from those two.
Yes, I understand Leicester and Leeds fans will be saying the exact same, but I support ipswich and not them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024