Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin/Broadhead 12:03 - Apr 13 with 976 viewsWickets

Now obviously I don't know who is fully fit and who might not be but I have all season thought we are at our best with the above two plus Burns on the pitch . Burns still out I suppose so for me if possible Connor and Nathan start , on the pitch together that did happen on Wednesday.
[Post edited 13 Apr 12:05]
Chaplin/Broadhead on 12:18 - Apr 13 with 896 viewstextbackup

Something about Broadhead that I’m just not sold on personally.

On his day, very good, but then days don’t seem as frequent as we’d like. I hope he of course gets a hatrick today

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Chaplin/Broadhead on 12:28 - Apr 13 with 834 viewsWickets

Chaplin/Broadhead on 12:18 - Apr 13 by textbackup

On his day, very good, but then days don’t seem as frequent as we’d like. I hope he of course gets a hatrick today

Each to their own but both these two plus Burns when possible puts loads of pressure on defenders.
Chaplin/Broadhead on 12:36 - Apr 13 with 793 viewsSE1blue

Constantly amazed at people’s views on our some of our best players. You’re welcome to your opinion but…

Only in recent weeks he’s had a huge impact coming on against Southampton and helped turn things around.

Has been a massive part of our journey from League One drudgery to the edge of Premiership football.

Some folks don’t know how lucky we are to have our current squad.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Chaplin/Broadhead on 12:37 - Apr 13 with 792 viewsHerbivore

He's a quality player but does blow a bit hot and cold. I think that's just the nature of it though, he's always trying to make stuff happen and when it comes off he looks amazing and when it doesn't he looks crap. He's one of a few players we have that can produce something from nowhere though, that goal against Saints was barely a half chance really. Chaplin is always a bit more involved in the game even when he's off it, so his bad days don't look quite as bad as Broadhead's.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chaplin/Broadhead on 12:52 - Apr 13 with 721 viewsSwailsey

Chaplin/Broadhead on 12:37 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

He's a quality player but does blow a bit hot and cold. I think that's just the nature of it though, he's always trying to make stuff happen and when it comes off he looks amazing and when it doesn't he looks crap. He's one of a few players we have that can produce something from nowhere though, that goal against Saints was barely a half chance really. Chaplin is always a bit more involved in the game even when he's off it, so his bad days don't look quite as bad as Broadhead's.

Good summary of him really. Sometimes I forget he’s on the pitch and then he dances between 3 people and gets a shot away. When he’s on fire he’s one of the best players we have, but is hot and cold, much like Sarmiento.

Chappers needs to find his spark again, but they’ve all put such a shift in, it’s no wonder they’re running on empty. Essentially the whole squad has been at superhuman strength since last January.

C’mon lads - just get it over the line anyway today.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Chaplin/Broadhead on 12:53 - Apr 13 with 710 viewsLankHenners

Someone needs to tell him it isn't necessary to nutmeg every opponent he comes across and just dribbling or passing it normally would suffice.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Chaplin/Broadhead on 13:02 - Apr 13 with 663 viewsStokieBlue

The evidence doesn't support your view:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/top-scorers

He's scored the same number of goals as Chaplin in 5 less matches and is joint top scorer with him. He's also scored that same number of goals even though he's taken 34 shots less than Chaplin this season.

I do find some of the narrative around Broadhead quite strange, it's like 30 years ago when people classified someone they felt wasn't rushing around like a loon a luxury player regardless of their actual output in goal contributions.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Chaplin/Broadhead on 13:08 - Apr 13 with 609 viewsIllinoisblue

He’s an excellent, smart player but just occasionally will fluff his lines or lose his dribble. I think he’ll score today.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Chaplin/Broadhead on 13:26 - Apr 13 with 496 viewsGavTWTD

I think its difficult as our best 10 at the moment is Hutchinson but due to injury to Wes he's in part or whole used on the right. Sarmiento isn't a starter for me just yet so I think Broadhead and Chaplin are the best options. Kieran might have a cunning plan for Harness but otherwise I'd go with that pairing.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Chaplin/Broadhead on 13:37 - Apr 13 with 435 viewsGarv

Not really any different to Chaplin, for balance.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024