Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? 22:27 - Apr 11 with 1639 viewsSitfcB

Think it should be.

But assume it depends on how Leicester and Leeds get on?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 22:34 - Apr 11 with 1606 viewsWestSussexBlue

Penultimate Home game, looking to secure as many points as possible to achieve Promotion to the Premier League and coming off the back of a home draw last night. No question, we must win this one.
Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 22:40 - Apr 11 with 1573 viewsTractorWood

It's certainly a contenter for must win. I'd like more information on what Leeds and Leicester will do though before committing.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 23:08 - Apr 11 with 1504 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Absolutely a must win. I saw both of these as must wins at the start of the week but similar stutters from our promotion rivals meant not so much.

But we HAVE to win on Saturday. Going in to back to back away games against good teams, winning our home games is so crucial. Especially as I think Leeds and Leicester will win their games.
[Post edited 11 Apr 23:09]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 23:30 - Apr 11 with 1437 viewsN2_Blue

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 23:08 - Apr 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

Absolutely a must win. I saw both of these as must wins at the start of the week but similar stutters from our promotion rivals meant not so much.

But we HAVE to win on Saturday. Going in to back to back away games against good teams, winning our home games is so crucial. Especially as I think Leeds and Leicester will win their games.
[Post edited 11 Apr 23:09]

I think Plymouth will get something V Leicester. Can't see anything but a comfortable win for Leeds.

We need a win but will be very tough against a side in good from

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 00:29 - Apr 12 with 1382 viewsIllinoisblue

Officially designated: must-win. 🤞

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm holding my Friday poos for Saturday on 02:09 - Apr 12 with 1325 viewsScottCandage

Yeah, must win
Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 05:26 - Apr 12 with 1266 viewstextbackup

If we want top two, then yes it has to be down as a must win.

Silly to say it only matters based on what L and L do, because we could drop points away to Hull for example, so need those 3 points to be in the bag, from our 2nd to last home game of the season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 07:23 - Apr 12 with 1160 viewsKieran_Knows

The good thing is, McKenna won’t see it like that.

Just another game, another 3 points up for grabs.

Just need everybody to hold their nerve.

COYB!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 08:44 - Apr 12 with 1056 viewsRegencyBlue

Definitely a must win whatever Leeds and Leicester do this weekend.

Need to keep the pressure on them.
Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 08:50 - Apr 12 with 1030 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 07:23 - Apr 12 by Kieran_Knows

The good thing is, McKenna won’t see it like that.

Just another game, another 3 points up for grabs.

Just need everybody to hold their nerve.

COYB!

Is that a good thing?

Personally I hope he gets into everyone tells all to bust every last drop of energy they have to win the game and then have a 2 week break.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 08:58 - Apr 12 with 1011 viewsBlueBlood90

Watford was probably a must not lose as opposed to must win but because we couldn't beat them I think the Boro is definitely a must win. I can't see Leeds dropping many, if any, points from here. Leicester's fixtures still look the most tricky to me.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 09:00 - Apr 12 with 1002 viewsHerbivore

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 08:50 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

Is that a good thing?

Personally I hope he gets into everyone tells all to bust every last drop of energy they have to win the game and then have a 2 week break.

Trust the process. Putting too much weight on individual games only creates unnecessary pressure and that pressure can negatively impact performance levels. The players give every last drop of energy every week, that's why we've had so many amazing turnarounds late in games. This won't be any different, the players will give everything they have but they aren't going to be running around like headless chickens, they'll stick to their patterns of play, they'll press intelligently, and hopefully after 90 minutes we'll come out on top.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 09:06 - Apr 12 with 988 viewsKieran_Knows

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 08:50 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

Is that a good thing?

Has he changed in the 2 years he's been here?

Treat every game in isolation. If you don't know that by now, then god help you.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 09:06 - Apr 12 with 987 viewspointofblue

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 09:00 - Apr 12 by Herbivore

Trust the process. Putting too much weight on individual games only creates unnecessary pressure and that pressure can negatively impact performance levels. The players give every last drop of energy every week, that's why we've had so many amazing turnarounds late in games. This won't be any different, the players will give everything they have but they aren't going to be running around like headless chickens, they'll stick to their patterns of play, they'll press intelligently, and hopefully after 90 minutes we'll come out on top.

Not just that but I think most at Portman Road saw Wednesday as a mistake win and the crowd tensed up as the game went on. The loudest support came after full time.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 09:42 - Apr 12 with 862 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 09:06 - Apr 12 by Kieran_Knows

Has he changed in the 2 years he's been here?

Treat every game in isolation. If you don't know that by now, then god help you.

Think I just feel different about it to this time last year.

Last year we were chasing and worst case was a play offs I was comfortable wed win.

This season its in our hands and of 2 teams in the play offs we've lost two games and drawn one of them so there's a little piece of me that just really really wants us to bust a gut and get the job done ourselves.

But I accept your point.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 11:02 - Apr 12 with 775 viewsITFC_Forever

Must win.

If L & L win, we need to win to keep pace.

If either of them don't, we can't keep missing these opportunities to push on (as we did with the last two matches).

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 11:06 - Apr 12 with 759 viewstextbackup

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 11:02 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

Must win.

If L & L win, we need to win to keep pace.

If either of them don't, we can't keep missing these opportunities to push on (as we did with the last two matches).

Exactly this.

I’m sure some on here think KM doesn’t say to them ‘we’ve got bloody lucky with that one’ etc.

He’s not going to be mr cool calm and in control all the time, poor bloke is only human.

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 11:08 - Apr 12 with 754 viewsyorkshireblue

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 08:58 - Apr 12 by BlueBlood90

Watford was probably a must not lose as opposed to must win but because we couldn't beat them I think the Boro is definitely a must win. I can't see Leeds dropping many, if any, points from here. Leicester's fixtures still look the most tricky to me.

Saints will beat Leeds at Elland Road on the last day of the season... Flynn Downes 93rd minuite winner to send us up. Def info.
Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 11:10 - Apr 12 with 738 viewsusm

We have to assume Leics & Leeds will win
Just as they will be assuming we will win
Pressure's on all of us. A win would be great but we prob thought the Watford game was a 'must win' and it turned out not to be.
Lets just enjoy the ride - hopefully thats the way the team will approach it too.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 11:21 - Apr 12 with 706 viewstextbackup

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 11:10 - Apr 12 by usm

We have to assume Leics & Leeds will win
Just as they will be assuming we will win
Pressure's on all of us. A win would be great but we prob thought the Watford game was a 'must win' and it turned out not to be.
Lets just enjoy the ride - hopefully thats the way the team will approach it too.

Considering the squads L&L have, all expectations and pressures (IMO) sit with them… for us, as you say, enjoy the ride

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 11:37 - Apr 12 with 672 viewsPilgrimblue

Yes must win both home games if we’re to have any chance of top two.
Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 11:38 - Apr 12 with 673 viewsbilllm

It is regardless how they get on,
Few weeks ago we blew it at Cardiff( the most peed off all season) could have gone above leicester,
Blew it look knackered Wednesday could have gone clear heaped pressure on Leeds,
Must win no question,
Leeds will smash Blackburn for sure,
Foxes draw or win there not loosing at Plymouth,
Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 16:27 - Apr 12 with 479 viewsWestSussexBlue

Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 22:40 - Apr 11 by TractorWood

It's certainly a contenter for must win. I'd like more information on what Leeds and Leicester will do though before committing.

If they win we need to win, if they drop points, even more important that we win to open up a gap.
Bottom line a win is crucial.
Has Saturday been declared as a must win yet? on 17:03 - Apr 12 with 432 viewsVaughan8

I think we've got to win it if we want automatic promotion. We can't be relying on getting 2 wins at Hull and Coventry, or the other 2 slipping up.

However........we play after the other 2, so we'll know exactly how important it is. Those other 2 win, then we definitely need to!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024