Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this advantageous to Leeds United 14:00 - Apr 11 with 2170 viewsPinewoodblue

Leeds play their penultimate game on Friday evening, 26th April at which point both Leicester & Ipswich have three games to play.

Think I would prefer points on the board to games in hand.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

That’s assuming they haven’t fallen apart on 14:02 - Apr 11 with 2126 viewsDyland

Again.

nfft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 14:03 - Apr 11 with 2115 viewsgainsboroughblue

Could be a throwback to that night Man City played Birmingham on the Friday back in April (or was it actually May?) in 2000. They won 1-0 and celebrated 'promotion' on the Maine Road pitch.

The next day, we turned Charlton (who were top) over and kept everything nice and squeaky bummed going into the final day, where as we know, we finished 3rd.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 14:03 - Apr 11 with 2110 viewsJ2BLUE

Depends what they do really doesn't it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 14:07 - Apr 11 with 2079 viewsSitfcB

Don’t really count playing a different day in the same game-week as having a game in hand.

But it could benefit either team.

We will know where we stand and what we need.

Just need to make sure we get the same result (or better) as them on Saturday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 14:30 - Apr 11 with 1953 viewsbluefunk

We have 3, Leicester only 2 to play after that game
Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 15:13 - Apr 11 with 1785 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m not a fan of how these last fixtures are playing out… Leicester playing Friday night, Leeds early game Saturday…. I get TV calls the shots but could be a massive help to them playing early. Or you could spin it that it helps us knowing what we need to. (Kinda of a moot point as we need to beat Boro no matter what)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 15:16 - Apr 11 with 1755 views_clive_baker_

Advantageous if they win them, it's not if they don't.

I would love us to go to Hull only a couple of points behind Leeds and with 2 games in hand.
Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 15:25 - Apr 11 with 1711 viewsportmanking

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 15:13 - Apr 11 by Illinoisblue

I’m not a fan of how these last fixtures are playing out… Leicester playing Friday night, Leeds early game Saturday…. I get TV calls the shots but could be a massive help to them playing early. Or you could spin it that it helps us knowing what we need to. (Kinda of a moot point as we need to beat Boro no matter what)

Not a fan whatsoever either.

Just like in tournament football in final group stage games, the final few league games of a season should all be played simultaneously. There is definitely an unfair advantage on the team playing last. Unless they truly do avoid the scores elsewhere (which I imagine is impossible these days).
Login to get fewer ads

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 21:17 - Apr 11 with 1282 viewsAviator

It's an advantage to us, knowing what we need to do.
Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 21:22 - Apr 11 with 1265 viewsmr_bean

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 14:03 - Apr 11 by gainsboroughblue

Could be a throwback to that night Man City played Birmingham on the Friday back in April (or was it actually May?) in 2000. They won 1-0 and celebrated 'promotion' on the Maine Road pitch.

The next day, we turned Charlton (who were top) over and kept everything nice and squeaky bummed going into the final day, where as we know, we finished 3rd.

Ha! Those 'promotion' celebrations were duly ridiculed by us the next season, when Town and CIty were both enjoying very different fortunes in the PL. It spawned what is, to this day, one of the wittiest songs I've heard ring out at Portman Road:

Blue moon,
You celebrated too soon,
And now you're going back down,
And Europe's coming to Town.
Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 21:33 - Apr 11 with 1209 viewsLeoMuff

Not easy for them I would say, both away knowing if they drop a significant amount of points they are in big trouble.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 21:51 - Apr 11 with 1164 viewsitfc_bucks

Trying hard not to sound like a nobber here, but let's assume KM is just trying to control the controllables.

Win the last 4 and we're up.

Nothing else matters.
Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 22:56 - Apr 11 with 1026 viewsTheBoyBlue

We know what we need to do if Leeds win all their games. That doesn't change if Leeds then go and win before us. If anything it could help if Leeds do drop points.

Not that I think the players will change their approach to the games as they come anyway.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 00:10 - Apr 12 with 891 viewsAviator

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 22:56 - Apr 11 by TheBoyBlue

We know what we need to do if Leeds win all their games. That doesn't change if Leeds then go and win before us. If anything it could help if Leeds do drop points.

Not that I think the players will change their approach to the games as they come anyway.

If Leeds and Leicester were to win their games, theoretically we could be in a situation where we couldn’t catch them. Obviously not a great state of affairs, but it would be an advantage that we could rest players going into the playoffs.

Conversely, if it’s still in our hands there could be a situation where we know a draw would do us so we could play out a game accordingly. Finally we could be in a situation where it really is a ‘must win’ and we have to gamble and throw caution to the wind.

The point being, it always must give us an advantage to play second.
Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 00:20 - Apr 12 with 874 viewsBLUEBEAT

Thinking about those 3 lost Cardiff points makes me feel sick when considering these potential outcomes.

Poll: W or W

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 08:25 - Apr 12 with 674 viewsStewart27

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 00:20 - Apr 12 by BLUEBEAT

Thinking about those 3 lost Cardiff points makes me feel sick when considering these potential outcomes.

It does me too.

But you weigh it up with Southampton, Rotherham, West Brom and to a degree, Bristol City.
Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 08:41 - Apr 12 with 648 viewsArnieM

It underlines McKenna’s and this squads approach of concentrating solely on ourselves. If we pay no attention to others but ourselves, and focus on our next game, it doesn’t matter what opponents do, it shouldn’t affect our approach to,that game.

We “just” need to win all our games, then we’re UP!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 08:42 - Apr 12 with 644 viewsBlueBlood90

Leeds can do whatever they like. If we do our jobs for 4 games they can't catch us. Just got to focus on what we do!

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 08:44 - Apr 12 with 639 viewsEuropablue

Those points on the board are not a guarantee. Everyone would prefer 3 points on the board with a game in hand, but I'd take a game in hand over a point on the board!
Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 08:54 - Apr 12 with 608 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

One game at a time. Boro first, worry about the rest later
Is this advantageous to Leeds United on 10:17 - Apr 12 with 527 viewsBrettenhamBlue

It's only advantageous if they win

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024