Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight 22:24 - Apr 10 with 1068 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hit from point blank range against an opponent's head outside the area ... penalty! Wow!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 22:31 - Apr 10 with 1018 viewspointofblue

Head, or did you mean hand?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 22:40 - Apr 10 with 978 viewsPlums

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 22:31 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Head, or did you mean hand?

Decide for yourself 🤣

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 22:41 - Apr 10 with 966 viewspointofblue

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 22:40 - Apr 10 by Plums

Decide for yourself 🤣

But we’re the lucky ones…

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 07:09 - Apr 11 with 782 viewsITFC_Forever

Nor do most teams.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 08:05 - Apr 11 with 717 viewsiamatractorboy

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 22:40 - Apr 10 by Plums

Decide for yourself 🤣

Wow... that is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. It's not even close to the area is it? I think it hit his head too but that is slightly more understandable given his arms were up, but still...
We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 08:10 - Apr 11 with 703 viewsredrickstuhaart

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 08:05 - Apr 11 by iamatractorboy

Wow... that is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. It's not even close to the area is it? I think it hit his head too but that is slightly more understandable given his arms were up, but still...

Meanwhile the one on Ali last night was clear. Fine margins.
We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 09:36 - Apr 11 with 637 viewsGeoffSentence

It was the most ludicrous reffing decision of the season.

At least from Rotherham's perspective it doesn't affect them much as they are already down.

In fact it doesn't make much odds at all given that WBA are so firmly embedded in the play offs.

At a stretch it could have an impact on our season though. At 1-0 down Rotherham still had a chance to get a point. If they had Nodge would have been closer to 5th and would have a chance of catching Albion. If they did and we finish 3rd it would mean avoiding them.

Hell of a stretch though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 09:41 - Apr 11 with 619 views_clive_baker_

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 08:10 - Apr 11 by redrickstuhaart

Meanwhile the one on Ali last night was clear. Fine margins.

Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a foul for a push in the back, a bit like Davis at Norwich.

I find it quite hard to believe that across 42 games, with literally hundreds and hundreds of box entries, we've only had an offence committed against us 3 times in the penalty area this season.
Login to get fewer ads

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 13:24 - Apr 11 with 480 viewslongtimefan

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 09:41 - Apr 11 by _clive_baker_

Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a foul for a push in the back, a bit like Davis at Norwich.

I find it quite hard to believe that across 42 games, with literally hundreds and hundreds of box entries, we've only had an offence committed against us 3 times in the penalty area this season.

Mind you, I think we got away with a handball last night in our own area soon after the start of the second half. Ball was played across the box from the Cobbold Stand side and I'm convinced a Town player handled it rather than chesting it away as they intended. Not sure who it was, Burgess or Davis? Ref had no chance of seeing it as the player had his back to him but the Assistant should have done.
We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 16:20 - Apr 11 with 393 viewsFrimleyBlue

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 08:05 - Apr 11 by iamatractorboy

Whilst it's a terrible decision, I can see why the ref gave it albeit incorrectly.

There's another angle which shows the refs view, and the speed of the shot makes it look like it's bypassed the actual offender and hit the one behind ( in the box )
terrible decision but I can see why he's given it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 16:27 - Apr 11 with 374 viewsRonFearonsHair

We never get penalties like the one West Brom got tonight on 13:24 - Apr 11 by longtimefan

Mind you, I think we got away with a handball last night in our own area soon after the start of the second half. Ball was played across the box from the Cobbold Stand side and I'm convinced a Town player handled it rather than chesting it away as they intended. Not sure who it was, Burgess or Davis? Ref had no chance of seeing it as the player had his back to him but the Assistant should have done.

It was Davis and it was as clear as day to me that his arm was out and deflected the ball, albeit he was looking in the complete opposite direction. My heart was in my mouth but there seemed little in the way of protests, the ball was travelling away from the goal and a penalty would have seemed wildly disproportionate to the offence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024