Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking at Gatwick 14:24 - Apr 10 with 816 viewsJakeITFC

In a strange TWTD circle of life moment, I have to drive to Gatwick immediately after tonight's game.

As someone who lives in Ipswich I haven't really experienced the fight to get to the A12 after a game before any tips for best route out? Any advice on roadworks planned on A12/M25 also appreciated, thanks.
Parking at Gatwick on 15:54 - Apr 10 with 683 viewssoupytwist

Don't forget to pay your Dartford bridge toll by midnight on the day following your crossing.
I forgot to pay the bridge toll and am now waiting for a penalty notice to arrive in the post. Cursory online research suggests that if you phone them up when you get the letter and you're not a serial offender they tend to let you off with just paying the toll charge.

Actual parking review - I went to Gatwick on Monday to collect someone - North Terminal arrivals short stay parking was busy and had to park on the top level which meant it took ages to get out of the car park. One star would not park again unless no other choice, even for a Town game.
Parking at Gatwick on 16:05 - Apr 10 with 658 viewsSitfcB

A lot of people now seem to use the cut through of Birkfield/Hawthorne Drive! Used to be a quiet run, now seem better off just going straight up London Road rather than queuing through the estate.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Parking at Gatwick on 16:07 - Apr 10 with 651 viewsbluelagos

PM sent. The rest of you can sod off and use London road :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Parking at Gatwick on 16:21 - Apr 10 with 621 viewshoppy

Can't you park at Gatwick anyway, and just use the courtesy Portman Road Shuttle Bus?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Parking at Gatwick on 16:28 - Apr 10 with 608 viewsKeno

Parking at Gatwick on 16:21 - Apr 10 by hoppy

Can't you park at Gatwick anyway, and just use the courtesy Portman Road Shuttle Bus?

come on Hoppy you know the best solution is park at Gatwick, fly to New York, Cruise ship back to Liverpool, train to London, coach to Ipswich and then catch the Portman Road Shuttle Bus

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Parking at Gatwick on 16:50 - Apr 10 with 549 viewshoppy

Parking at Gatwick on 16:28 - Apr 10 by Keno

come on Hoppy you know the best solution is park at Gatwick, fly to New York, Cruise ship back to Liverpool, train to London, coach to Ipswich and then catch the Portman Road Shuttle Bus

On a Wednesday???

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Parking at Gatwick on 17:04 - Apr 10 with 475 viewsKeno

Parking at Gatwick on 16:50 - Apr 10 by hoppy

On a Wednesday???

Good point, should he use the buenos aires contingency?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Parking at Gatwick on 18:04 - Apr 10 with 401 viewsITFC_Forever

If you park at the station, Wherstead Road is a quick escape route, especially if you go Willoughby Road / Luther Road and down to Wherstead Road from there.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024