Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment 22:53 - Apr 8 with 5323 viewsNeedhamChris

Anything resembling pessimism/negativity (Aviator's post earlier as an example) is just met with either brazen abuse or 'Budgie' - it's making the forum a bit tiresome. A well known and 'respected' posted called me a C U next Tuesday last week but it doesn't seem to be that out of the norm. Are we all so stressed with the end of the season that we're taking it out via our keyboards? I've been a member for a few years now and it's currently the most unpleasant it's been in that time - albeit still a good forum in comparison to many others.

Not innocent either (although haven't sworn at anyone) - but why it's so fractious at the moment I have no idea.

Given that I don't think the site has anything in place to identify and safeguard U-18's (will apologise if I'm wrong), we could all do with pondering whether we'd be happy setting this example to minors.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:35 - Apr 9 with 1237 viewsPhilTWTD

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:33 - Apr 9 by blueasfook

That GiantStow fella. I have a feeling he's a Norwich fan.

But he loves us more.

He just doesn't realise he's a Town fan yet.
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:42 - Apr 9 with 1214 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:21 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

I have to say this calling anyone who says anything vaguely negative a Norwich fan is getting really tedious. We had someone, who I know is a Town fan and has posted on here over a long period using a couple of usernames, left the site a few weeks ago as someone made that claim and then others took that to be genuine and pretty much everything he posted had the same claim made. I removed the posts and had a quiet word with a couple of people but it didn't stop. Think we may have to take tougher action on repeat offenders.

I'd have thought if people are upset at being called a Norwich fan they should probably grow up. There are a lot worse things going on in the world.

And if it bothers them so, maybe they should consider why people are making that assumption and address their negative-ninny posting style.

I do take your point Phil, but equally some of us more positive posters are fed up with the negative ones (not that I call them Norwich supporters) given how extraordinary this team/manager/ownership group have been. Just seems so churlish to be negative right now. Who does it serve?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:02 - Apr 9 with 1173 viewsFrimleyBlue

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:42 - Apr 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd have thought if people are upset at being called a Norwich fan they should probably grow up. There are a lot worse things going on in the world.

And if it bothers them so, maybe they should consider why people are making that assumption and address their negative-ninny posting style.

I do take your point Phil, but equally some of us more positive posters are fed up with the negative ones (not that I call them Norwich supporters) given how extraordinary this team/manager/ownership group have been. Just seems so churlish to be negative right now. Who does it serve?

Lol. Not liking being called something.. "grow up"

Don't share same thoughts as flash... " I'm fed up with it"

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:04 - Apr 9 with 1164 viewsHerbivore

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:21 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

I have to say this calling anyone who says anything vaguely negative a Norwich fan is getting really tedious. We had someone, who I know is a Town fan and has posted on here over a long period using a couple of usernames, left the site a few weeks ago as someone made that claim and then others took that to be genuine and pretty much everything he posted had the same claim made. I removed the posts and had a quiet word with a couple of people but it didn't stop. Think we may have to take tougher action on repeat offenders.

Canary Phil has chirped up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:12 - Apr 9 with 1149 viewsPhilTWTD

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:42 - Apr 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

It does become annoying for posters when pretty much every post is followed up by someone making such a claim.
Just remember Phil…. on 11:23 - Apr 9 with 1120 viewsBloots

….badger culling is illegal unless it’s under licence.

You’ll only end up with Brian May on your case.

The last thing you want is him standing on your roof playing “Another one bites the dust”.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:35 - Apr 9 with 1079 viewsN2_Blue

Exactly this. There is just no reason to possibly be negative about Town currently.

Anyone doing so can surely not be surprised if they get called a troll or Norwich fan. I don't alwys agree with Dollers but he's right here...if you're getting tarred as a norwich fan perhaps they need to look at their posting style and why they are unneccessarily provoking that reaction.

This is about as good as it gets. In fact it is results wise. We will never get as many points as we have at a higher level than this. We might dream but virtually no team gets 90+ points. So in terms of winning at a high level, this is as good as it gets, our real fans want to enjoy it, not be confronted with constant negativity even if they are a Town fan because there just really isnt anything to be justifiably negative about from the football perspective.
I beleive negativity posted across this season from a poster is put acrosss to deliverately provoke unless they can really give a balanced reason for their opinon, but the majoirty are still going to disagree with them.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:43 - Apr 9 with 1054 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:12 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

It does become annoying for posters when pretty much every post is followed up by someone making such a claim.

Sure it does, but a bit of introspection surely needed - you have to have worked very hard and posted relentless negative crap to have gained such a reputation. It doesn't just happen.

These are the best times in many, many years. Anyone posting relentless rubbish deserves to be pulled up on it. If they're not a troll or a budgie, they're just a prat.
Login to get fewer ads

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:52 - Apr 9 with 1017 viewsWeWereZombies

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:04 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

Canary Phil has chirped up.

At least he wasn't using his Yoda alternative username...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:16 - Apr 9 with 995 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:02 - Apr 9 by FrimleyBlue

Lol. Not liking being called something.. "grow up"

Don't share same thoughts as flash... " I'm fed up with it"

Not really sure what your point is here. And given your negative posting upset Wes Burns' family, I don't think you're in a great position to comment anyway.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:22 - Apr 9 with 975 viewsFrimleyBlue

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:16 - Apr 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not really sure what your point is here. And given your negative posting upset Wes Burns' family, I don't think you're in a great position to comment anyway.

I can comment as I'm aware what was wrong in the past.

Anyway I just found it bizarre you're telling people to grow up for not liking being called something. Yet you're upset that people aren't positive like you. Surely taking your own advice you should just grow up and ignore the posts you don't like..

Anyways I'll leave you all to it. Just found your post bizarre.

Waka waka eh eh

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:33 - Apr 9 with 966 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:22 - Apr 9 by FrimleyBlue

I can comment as I'm aware what was wrong in the past.

Anyway I just found it bizarre you're telling people to grow up for not liking being called something. Yet you're upset that people aren't positive like you. Surely taking your own advice you should just grow up and ignore the posts you don't like..

Anyways I'll leave you all to it. Just found your post bizarre.

The two don't equate though. Being called a non-offensive name is not something to get upset and strop off the board about. I've done neither re negative posters, just answered them.

But again, an individual being called a name, and negativity being spread about the club, are two entirely different things. What's bizarre is you trying to equate them so you can 'get one back' at me. I've not complained to Phil about negativity and he's not had to issue a statement about negativity, so what is your point?

Just remember Phil…. on 12:35 - Apr 9 with 953 viewsPhilTWTD

Just remember Phil…. on 11:23 - Apr 9 by Bloots

….badger culling is illegal unless it’s under licence.

You’ll only end up with Brian May on your case.

The last thing you want is him standing on your roof playing “Another one bites the dust”.

I dunno, my roof's not the most stable.
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:40 - Apr 9 with 920 views_clive_baker_

You’re the most obvious troll in the room. Your posts are generally very negative, you leaned into the furore around norwich ticketing in a big way as a good example of that. You were about the only one to side with the troll(s) over Burns and his dad when that got a little OTT. You’ve also started more threads than anyone on Brandon Williams when most town fans have accepted it is what it is with him. It’s a very Norwichy trait to obsess over him given he’s a former player there.

It’s no surprise to me that you’re keen to quash accusations of being called a Norwich supporter, I have my suspicions around your allegiance. Regardless of who you support, you’re an overly negative influence on here and a stirrer. A boring one at that.
Just remember Phil…. on 12:47 - Apr 9 with 903 viewsMullet

Just remember Phil…. on 12:35 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

I dunno, my roof's not the most stable.

Could be a case of Another one bites the dust then?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:50 - Apr 9 with 880 viewsFrimleyBlue

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:33 - Apr 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

The two don't equate though. Being called a non-offensive name is not something to get upset and strop off the board about. I've done neither re negative posters, just answered them.

But again, an individual being called a name, and negativity being spread about the club, are two entirely different things. What's bizarre is you trying to equate them so you can 'get one back' at me. I've not complained to Phil about negativity and he's not had to issue a statement about negativity, so what is your point?

I just think it's hypocritical that's all.

Anyways. Things to do.

Waka waka eh eh

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:53 - Apr 9 with 850 viewsSE1blue

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 09:58 - Apr 9 by Whos_blue

It would be helped if people didn't post provocative nonsense on here.
I love talking about football, music and politics.
I get all of that here.
You just have to wade through the BS sometimes or just ignore certain posters or threads.
There is some unpleasentness, but most people just want to get along and are able to articulate an opposing view point without the need for agression.

Great post and very much how I see and enjoy TWTD.

I think you can find what you personally want/need on here and I’ve enjoyed some great conversations, exchanges of views and learned a lot (not just about football) from others.

I think there is genuinely a really good and supportive (especially when it comes to matters of health) community atmosphere on here. Sure, there’s always a couple of posters looking to stir things but they generally find their level with like-minded posters and I steer well clear of that.

Like life, you get back what you put in on here.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:54 - Apr 9 with 838 viewslowhouseblue

gosh it's all getting a bit tetchy on here. what we all need is a nice game of non-competitive scrabble.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:54 - Apr 9 with 834 viewsRyorry

Thread degenerating a bit into arguments now is probably something the troll/s is/are very happy about.

Can't we just let em stew in their own juice, and the rest of us get back to our pre-Saturday (mostly) harmony?

Love n peace n beer :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 13:23 - Apr 9 with 738 viewsChurchman

This is where I’m at. I piled in on a particular poster as a Norwich supporter yesterday because the way he posts stuff tells me he is. It’s either ‘I will false flag my little wind ups so I can tell me imaginary friends how great I am after I’ve finished my Ready Brek’ or somebody so negative they probably need to seek medical attention. It’s boring and sometimes irritating.

We have another poster who has rudely banged on about our owners for three years now yearning for a long gone and actually not very nice in many ways past endlessly coming out with guff that he’d never say to these peoples’ faces. Dull beyond belief.

There are other dismals too who appear after a defeat. This match has been about the worst I can remember for that. The weight of them and the nonsense written means we must be below Rotherham and Evans has bought the club back. It’s the only explanation. Relentless depressing negativity.

Most posters on here are balanced. They can lose it sometimes as I’ve done on too many occasions, but mostly they offer differing views and sometimes criticisms in ways that are interesting and balanced.

If he is an Norwich supporter and he posts in the way that Ullaa/Stow and Yoda do then great. They’re more than welcome. Their views have interest, balance and perspective as do one or two other posters from other clubs. More than welcome as far as I’m concerned. They contribute. But relentless moaning and this my little wind up routine from more than one poster is a switch off.

If the Administrators are ok with that, fine it’s their board. But the outcome will be a forum that is purely a forum for whinging simpletons as the sensible people drift away.
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 13:32 - Apr 9 with 708 viewsAviator

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 13:23 - Apr 9 by Churchman

This is where I’m at. I piled in on a particular poster as a Norwich supporter yesterday because the way he posts stuff tells me he is. It’s either ‘I will false flag my little wind ups so I can tell me imaginary friends how great I am after I’ve finished my Ready Brek’ or somebody so negative they probably need to seek medical attention. It’s boring and sometimes irritating.

We have another poster who has rudely banged on about our owners for three years now yearning for a long gone and actually not very nice in many ways past endlessly coming out with guff that he’d never say to these peoples’ faces. Dull beyond belief.

There are other dismals too who appear after a defeat. This match has been about the worst I can remember for that. The weight of them and the nonsense written means we must be below Rotherham and Evans has bought the club back. It’s the only explanation. Relentless depressing negativity.

Most posters on here are balanced. They can lose it sometimes as I’ve done on too many occasions, but mostly they offer differing views and sometimes criticisms in ways that are interesting and balanced.

If he is an Norwich supporter and he posts in the way that Ullaa/Stow and Yoda do then great. They’re more than welcome. Their views have interest, balance and perspective as do one or two other posters from other clubs. More than welcome as far as I’m concerned. They contribute. But relentless moaning and this my little wind up routine from more than one poster is a switch off.

If the Administrators are ok with that, fine it’s their board. But the outcome will be a forum that is purely a forum for whinging simpletons as the sensible people drift away.

How can I prove to you that I'm not a Norwich Supporter? Perhaps you could set me a little quiz?
Just remember Phil…. on 13:53 - Apr 9 with 658 viewsPhilTWTD

Just remember Phil…. on 12:47 - Apr 9 by Mullet

Could be a case of Another one bites the dust then?

Indeed!
Just remember Phil…. on 13:54 - Apr 9 with 644 viewsKeno

Just remember Phil…. on 13:53 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

Indeed!

You have banned Gav?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 14:37 - Apr 9 with 586 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:50 - Apr 9 by FrimleyBlue

I just think it's hypocritical that's all.

Anyways. Things to do.

I've explained why it's not but you're too stupid to understand.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 14:47 - Apr 9 with 561 viewsWhos_blue

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 12:54 - Apr 9 by lowhouseblue

gosh it's all getting a bit tetchy on here. what we all need is a nice game of non-competitive scrabble.

Peace brother!

BBC News - Scrabble: Mattel launches new version of game which is 'less competitive'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68769981

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024