Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chirewa 21:26 - Apr 7 with 1994 viewstractorboy1978

Made a few appearances now for Wolves, including two in the Premier League. Clearly made a good decision in leaving as he wouldn't have been anywhere near getting a kick here.Not necessarily a criticism of us but food for thought when people criticise players for leaving. The grass can be greener. See also Liam Gibbs who managed to move up a division (at the time) and get more of a chance than he'd have got here.
Chirewa on 21:29 - Apr 7 with 1956 viewsBLUEBEAT

See also Tyreece Simpson and many more.

Poll: W or W

Chirewa on 22:07 - Apr 7 with 1810 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why do you say he wouldn't get a kick here?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Chirewa on 08:57 - Apr 8 with 1428 viewstractorboy1978

Chirewa on 22:07 - Apr 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Why do you say he wouldn't get a kick here?

Well he got no opportunities when he was here and scoring almost every week for the U21s. And Humphreys has barely had a kick all season in the league and he's the golden boy.
Chirewa on 13:31 - Apr 8 with 1147 viewsPilgrimblue

Chirewa on 08:57 - Apr 8 by tractorboy1978

Well he got no opportunities when he was here and scoring almost every week for the U21s. And Humphreys has barely had a kick all season in the league and he's the golden boy.

Never understood why he didn't as there must have been lots of times when he could have got on at end of games.
Don't think we are using our U21s fully but instead giving game time to established players when there's nothing at stake in the game. Shame because we,re wasting our resourses.
Even Humphries is left on the bench too often.
Chirewa on 13:55 - Apr 8 with 1094 viewsmonty_radio

Chirewa on 13:31 - Apr 8 by Pilgrimblue

Never understood why he didn't as there must have been lots of times when he could have got on at end of games.
Don't think we are using our U21s fully but instead giving game time to established players when there's nothing at stake in the game. Shame because we,re wasting our resourses.
Even Humphries is left on the bench too often.

I like Humphries - compact, good left foot, reads game well, but you'd want something extra from the bench when things were drifting. This would include the pace that he doesn't seem to possess.

As to Gibbs and Simpson - the former still has it all to prove, and Simpson - 40 games, 3 goals for lowly Northampton - not sure that quoting him as an example shows our retention policy in a bad light. Anyway, both of these, plus Chirewa were keen to leave, and Town, even not so far back, were in no position to offer a glamorous prospect that might have detained them.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Chirewa on 15:30 - Apr 8 with 991 viewsRadlett_blue

Chirewa on 13:55 - Apr 8 by monty_radio

I like Humphries - compact, good left foot, reads game well, but you'd want something extra from the bench when things were drifting. This would include the pace that he doesn't seem to possess.

As to Gibbs and Simpson - the former still has it all to prove, and Simpson - 40 games, 3 goals for lowly Northampton - not sure that quoting him as an example shows our retention policy in a bad light. Anyway, both of these, plus Chirewa were keen to leave, and Town, even not so far back, were in no position to offer a glamorous prospect that might have detained them.

Given how often our substitutes have turned games around this season (and probably last season too) are you suggesting that McKenna hasn't been using the bench effectively? This makes no sense.
Cameron Humphreys is a tidy player but unlikely to be a game changer. Given the position we are in, he's unlikely to be getting much game time. He needs to play more football at this stage of his career & I think he'll make a player, but there's a good chance he goes out on loan next season as this has been a bit of a wasted year for him in terms of development.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Chirewa on 17:17 - Apr 8 with 889 viewsGeoffSentence

Chirewa on 08:57 - Apr 8 by tractorboy1978

He has played twice as many minutes for us as he has for Wolves, albeit the 90 minutes he played for us was in the Pizza Cup.

Hard to say really, but with the injuries we have had he may have been getting a sniff round the squad by now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Chirewa on 17:26 - Apr 8 with 864 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chirewa on 15:30 - Apr 8 by Radlett_blue

Given how often our substitutes have turned games around this season (and probably last season too) are you suggesting that McKenna hasn't been using the bench effectively? This makes no sense.
Cameron Humphreys is a tidy player but unlikely to be a game changer. Given the position we are in, he's unlikely to be getting much game time. He needs to play more football at this stage of his career & I think he'll make a player, but there's a good chance he goes out on loan next season as this has been a bit of a wasted year for him in terms of development.

Why is he not a potential game changer? Is a good passer of the ball, quite gifted ball at feet.
I'm surprised we haven't seen more of him. Yet we continue to see Harness who off the bench is a gamechanger what once in 5 games?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Chirewa on 20:36 - Apr 8 with 725 viewsmonty_radio

Chirewa on 15:30 - Apr 8 by Radlett_blue

Not sure of our differences here - I was responding to suggestions that the club has not always maximised its youth capabilities by saying that some of those departed players instanced had yet to prove the Town wrong, and that springing Humphreys up from the bench did not currently seem to offer match-changing potential. You suggest that if he is not to be used, he should be loaned. That doesn't appear to me to be much different in terms of implying that McKenna hasn't quite got it right in Humphrey's case than my suggesting that he hadn't sufficient faith in him to use him at crucial moments.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Chirewa on 22:55 - Apr 8 with 569 viewsRadlett_blue

Chirewa on 20:36 - Apr 8 by monty_radio

Not sure of our differences here - I was responding to suggestions that the club has not always maximised its youth capabilities by saying that some of those departed players instanced had yet to prove the Town wrong, and that springing Humphreys up from the bench did not currently seem to offer match-changing potential. You suggest that if he is not to be used, he should be loaned. That doesn't appear to me to be much different in terms of implying that McKenna hasn't quite got it right in Humphrey's case than my suggesting that he hadn't sufficient faith in him to use him at crucial moments.

Fair enough. I think McKenna didn't want to loan out Humphreys in January because he knew he was good enough to be useful back up if we got injuries or he couldn't get the likes of Travis etc in on loan.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024