Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground 08:45 - Apr 7 with 4019 viewsonceablue

What the hell happened?

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 08:46 - Apr 7 with 3155 viewsITFC_Forever

I heard a few things, which resulted in the Norwich fans getting slaughtered through their own stupid fault.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 08:57 - Apr 7 with 3039 viewsITFC_Blood

Let’s just say they got a proper slap and chased back to the ground

Police never had control and scum fans soon regretted it

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 08:58 - Apr 7 with 3022 viewsBLUEBEAT

I got married at the church across the road from that pub. Think it was called the Rushcutters then.
That was also a disaster.

Poll: W or W

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:02 - Apr 7 with 2951 viewsITFC_Forever

Wouldn’t surprise me that as a result, that’s the last time the police turn a blind eye to us having the Townhouse.

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:04 - Apr 7 with 2920 viewsITFC_Blood

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:02 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Forever

Wouldn’t surprise me that as a result, that’s the last time the police turn a blind eye to us having the Townhouse.

It was allocated away pub so not a blind eye.

They just lost control and scum fans got battered. Not talking about a little slap either.

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:04 - Apr 7 with 2917 viewstextbackup

Sounds like the police diverted town fans down a side road, to avoid a clash point at the fat cat and canary pub… however, those side roads seemingly had no police down them, so norwich knew where to wait. Comedy from the police as per, they’ve only had 9 months to plan this 😂

Previously 3/4 wagons lined up outside the pub, with a copper in the middle of each, had been more than enough to keep fans apart. If it’s not broken and all that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:06 - Apr 7 with 2892 viewstextbackup

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:04 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Blood

They just lost control and scum fans got battered. Not talking about a little slap either.

I’m not sure the Town fan knocked out on the ground after getting kicked in the face would agree it was all one way traffic.

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:07 - Apr 7 with 2881 viewsITFC_Blood

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:04 - Apr 7 by textbackup

Sounds like the police diverted town fans down a side road, to avoid a clash point at the fat cat and canary pub… however, those side roads seemingly had no police down them, so norwich knew where to wait. Comedy from the police as per, they’ve only had 9 months to plan this 😂

Previously 3/4 wagons lined up outside the pub, with a copper in the middle of each, had been more than enough to keep fans apart. If it’s not broken and all that

Exactly this.

They soon regretted it, and resulted in a charge to the ground with scum getting a proper hiding.

Simple close off the FC and straight walk in

Login to get fewer ads

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:08 - Apr 7 with 2833 viewsITFC_Blood

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:06 - Apr 7 by textbackup

I’m not sure the Town fan knocked out on the ground after getting kicked in the face would agree it was all one way traffic.

Nasty one hope he ok

Let’s see what happens in the play off game

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:11 - Apr 7 with 2767 viewsonceablue

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:04 - Apr 7 by textbackup

Yes I have done this walk 4 times and as you say a bit of screaming and shouting as we walk past Fat Cat but nothing else

Norwich have always known we are at the Town House but have never confronted us before

I think it shows the Hatred between the 2 clubs now we are decent has increased.

They are mores desperate to keep their unbeaten record going then we are to beat them I think.
Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:12 - Apr 7 with 2752 viewsitfcjoe

I was waiting outside ground for 45 mins or so as had to meet mate for ticket as am away this week, the policing was pretty shambolic.

Where all the Ipswich fans were coming down from station, or pub, they had a few around them on one side stopping the ‘hold me back’ lot, but they were allowing Norwich fans to walk freely around behind the Ipswich fans, plus this road had been left open so vehicles coming in and out.

At Ipswich, if you were near the away end and wanted to get past they were sending you the long way round to avoid contact etc.

It was just really poorly organised and lucky the fan bases in general are pretty placid in the main as anyone wanting to cause some trouble could easily have done so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:14 - Apr 7 with 2720 viewsNeedhamChris

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 08:57 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Blood

Let’s just say they got a proper slap and chased back to the ground

Police never had control and scum fans soon regretted it

Anyone one of those involved in violence should be nowhere near a football ground. Neanderthals.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:16 - Apr 7 with 2674 viewstextbackup

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:11 - Apr 7 by onceablue

Yes I have done this walk 4 times and as you say a bit of screaming and shouting as we walk past Fat Cat but nothing else

Norwich have always known we are at the Town House but have never confronted us before

I think it shows the Hatred between the 2 clubs now we are decent has increased.

They are mores desperate to keep their unbeaten record going then we are to beat them I think.

The first year we went to that Townhouse it was pretty low numbers, maybe 100/150, with many know faces being taken Off the train at Diss (as OB had no idea where we were going)

Walking by the FC&C all it would have taken is them to have a few lively lads and all hell would have broken loose as no police in sight. As it was it was the chilled fans, and most of ours with half a brain to say ‘they aren’t like that’

Few bits and pieces but very calm all things considered

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:18 - Apr 7 with 2627 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 08:58 - Apr 7 by BLUEBEAT

I got married at the church across the road from that pub. Think it was called the Rushcutters then.
That was also a disaster.

Rushcutters is still there, about a 10 min walk from the townhouse

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:23 - Apr 7 with 2531 viewsITFC_Forever

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:06 - Apr 7 by textbackup

No, I guess he wouldn’t…. And I suppose they would have had a go back.

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:23 - Apr 7 with 2521 viewsITFC_Forever

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:04 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Blood

The guide never mentions it, so I think the police are keen to keep it low profile.

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:26 - Apr 7 with 2502 viewsITFC_Blood

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:23 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Forever

The guide never mentions it, so I think the police are keen to keep it low profile.

It was allocated away pub and home fans told last week it would be.

Also a large poster on door saying Ipswich only lol.

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:26 - Apr 7 with 2498 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, diverted away from the FC&C where some budgies who fancied themselves started throwing things at the Town fans.
Police chased them off, but they reappeared via a side street with no police close enough and promptly got battered. Not entirely one-way as you said, but it sounded pretty comprehensive.

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:29 - Apr 7 with 2447 viewsITFC_Forever

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:26 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Blood

It was allocated away pub and home fans told last week it would be.

Also a large poster on door saying Ipswich only lol.

Actually, I take that back; the official guide did mention the Townhouse this year, it hasn’t done before.

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:30 - Apr 7 with 2414 viewsITFC_Blood

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:26 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, diverted away from the FC&C where some budgies who fancied themselves started throwing things at the Town fans.
Police chased them off, but they reappeared via a side street with no police close enough and promptly got battered. Not entirely one-way as you said, but it sounded pretty comprehensive.

They do seem to make it hard for them selves

Policing seems much more controlled at home games.

If we play them in play offs after yesterday it will be way more heavy handed and police presence.

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:35 - Apr 7 with 2340 viewsDinnernotTea

Norfolk police only have themselves to blame. Scum getting a hiding was going to happen sooner or later if they insist the only pub available is over a mile away. Rewind to the 90s and give us a pub closer to the ground.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:39 - Apr 7 with 2255 viewsITFC_Blood

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:35 - Apr 7 by DinnernotTea

Norfolk police only have themselves to blame. Scum getting a hiding was going to happen sooner or later if they insist the only pub available is over a mile away. Rewind to the 90s and give us a pub closer to the ground.

Or just shut the FC and C like last time …..

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:44 - Apr 7 with 2169 viewsnoggin

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:35 - Apr 7 by DinnernotTea

Surely it's up to the owner/landlord whether they want away fans in their pub. I would imagine the risk of vandalism and unruly behaviour puts some off.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:46 - Apr 7 with 2116 viewsITFC_Blood

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:44 - Apr 7 by noggin

Surely it's up to the owner/landlord whether they want away fans in their pub. I would imagine the risk of vandalism and unruly behaviour puts some off.

Can’t think of a pub town fans have ever smashed up tho

You are correct in terms of if they want them

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:48 - Apr 7 with 2078 viewsHerbivore

Walk from the Town Hose Pub yesterday to the ground on 09:08 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Blood

Nasty one hope he ok

Let’s see what happens in the play off game

Hopefully people will behave like actual adults.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024