Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We miss Burns and Hirst so much. 14:54 - Apr 6 with 701 viewsSE1blue

That was a game for going at them and we lacked that.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 14:56 - Apr 6 with 676 viewsbournemouthblue

Burns was a big miss, he'd have given us a different outlet today

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 14:58 - Apr 6 with 661 viewsKievthegreat

Burns was the biggest miss for me. Sainz had Hutchinson in his pocket at times whereas in December, Burns ran Sainz absolutely ragged.
We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:11 - Apr 6 with 602 viewsClutch

Burns I agree with - really miss him. Sarmiento, Harness and Hutchinson aren't as consistent.

Hirst I don't think as much, Moore is also very good.
We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:11 - Apr 6 with 595 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Burns gives us the dynamism that we didn't show until the 85th minute.

We are too slow and one dimensional with Moore. I would start Al Hamadi.

Clarke for Tuanzebe too.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:13 - Apr 6 with 580 viewsSwansea_Blue

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:11 - Apr 6 by Clutch

Burns I agree with - really miss him. Sarmiento, Harness and Hutchinson aren't as consistent.

Hirst is better suited to our game imo. He's got that option to run in behind and cause problems on quick counters, whereas Kieffer's a bit of a statue. Also Hirst is only going to get better, Kieffer's at the other end of his career on the way down (but that's not a problem thi season of course, only longer term if say we were looking to sign him).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:13 - Apr 6 with 575 viewspointofblue

Moore is good but think he was still bothered by his injury today. Says a lot about McKenna's faith in Al-Hamidi.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:17 - Apr 6 with 551 viewsHerbivore

Definitely, we didn't really have a threat in behind until Al-Hamadi came on and both Burns and Hirst give us that. I'd have brought on Jackson rather than Harness at the end. Harness hasn't contributed much recently and looked lost (and fluffed a half chance too) whereas Jackson has had minutes and generally been playing well, and offers that direct threat in behind.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:18 - Apr 6 with 541 viewsSwansea_Blue

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:17 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

Definitely, we didn't really have a threat in behind until Al-Hamadi came on and both Burns and Hirst give us that. I'd have brought on Jackson rather than Harness at the end. Harness hasn't contributed much recently and looked lost (and fluffed a half chance too) whereas Jackson has had minutes and generally been playing well, and offers that direct threat in behind.

I'd send on you ahead of Harness, but I've got a bit of a 'thing' about him lol. I don't see what other see, although he does seem like a good bloke.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:22 - Apr 6 with 522 viewsHerbivore

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:18 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

I'd send on you ahead of Harness, but I've got a bit of a 'thing' about him lol. I don't see what other see, although he does seem like a good bloke.

He's had some decent games this season but none for a fair while now. He spent his time on the pitch today miscontrolling the ball, misplacing passes, mishitting shots, and giving away soft freekicks. When he's at his worst like that he's a liability.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:25 - Apr 6 with 494 viewsReusersTown

Hirst gives us much more if a threat in behind which seems like it would have been useful against those cb's
We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:32 - Apr 6 with 439 viewsSE1blue

Hirst would’ve finished the chance Al Hamadi had around the back.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:41 - Apr 6 with 403 viewsChurchman

We miss Burns and Hirst desperately. Teams can play further up the pitch against us with Moore - he’s not going to run away from anyone. Done a great job for us though. The way we play is geared to Hirst though. Burns? More valuable than certain people give him credit for. We are struggling without him.

Omari has been brilliant. But at his age he will be inconsistent. He is learning the game and being asked to play in different positions. He’s going to be a smashing player for Chelsea.

Clarke or Axel? I’d have played Axel because the defence looks tighter with him in it. I like Clarke though and injury free he will be a heck of a player.

The keeper? I’ve kept quiet on this. Lladky has done well, but there are too many howlers and near howlers for me. A top keeper makes a huge difference (Brian Clough wasn’t wrong). Ok, he’s not the best but Walton is better than Lladky even if the distribution is poorer. On balance, Walton would be my choice.

But what do I know?

I get the disappointment. It’s darkened room time for me now. I’m gutted at the lost points more than the opposition but I’m sick and tired of being second best to them. I’m also gutted that should we face them in the play offs, we are going to struggle.

But despite everything, what a great season, what a smashing team. The club is getting stronger and that’s the crucial thing for me. The measure for that is how Plymouth and Wednesday have done this season, not being well beaten by parachute puffed with money year two Norwich.
We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:53 - Apr 6 with 358 viewsVegtablue

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:13 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

Hirst is better suited to our game imo. He's got that option to run in behind and cause problems on quick counters, whereas Kieffer's a bit of a statue. Also Hirst is only going to get better, Kieffer's at the other end of his career on the way down (but that's not a problem thi season of course, only longer term if say we were looking to sign him).

He's a better blend of everything isn't he. I can't forget the West Brom away performance, in which we couldn't muster even a glancing blow through the 90' (xG of 0.23!). It was Hirst, Burns, Chaplin and Broadhead in attack that day. When we were torn apart in the Leeds away game, and somehow recorded even less attacking threat than in the West Brom encounter (0.12 xG!), it was again the quartet of Hirst, Burns, Chaplin and Broadhead. So maybe we're being overly optimistic here, but Hirst can run the channels where Hirst can't and Hutchinson, without lightning pace, is contained more often on the right side than we'd probably care to admit.

What I will say is that Moore's "big man" attributes are significantly ahead of Hirst's, so he'd remain my first choice for certain match-ups if not today (were everyone fit).
We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:56 - Apr 6 with 339 viewspointofblue

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:53 - Apr 6 by Vegtablue

He's a better blend of everything isn't he. I can't forget the West Brom away performance, in which we couldn't muster even a glancing blow through the 90' (xG of 0.23!). It was Hirst, Burns, Chaplin and Broadhead in attack that day. When we were torn apart in the Leeds away game, and somehow recorded even less attacking threat than in the West Brom encounter (0.12 xG!), it was again the quartet of Hirst, Burns, Chaplin and Broadhead. So maybe we're being overly optimistic here, but Hirst can run the channels where Hirst can't and Hutchinson, without lightning pace, is contained more often on the right side than we'd probably care to admit.

What I will say is that Moore's "big man" attributes are significantly ahead of Hirst's, so he'd remain my first choice for certain match-ups if not today (were everyone fit).

Moore may have had had more of an impact at West Brom and Leeds, and Hirst more of an impact today. Different teams/styles suit different players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 16:04 - Apr 6 with 301 viewsVegtablue

We miss Burns and Hirst so much. on 15:56 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

Moore may have had had more of an impact at West Brom and Leeds, and Hirst more of an impact today. Different teams/styles suit different players.

That's it, and why hopefully everyone will be available again for our final three games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024