Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke is better than Tuanzebe 14:42 - Apr 6 with 2064 viewsDubtractor

I know this is one that divides opinion, but for me we look a much better team with Clarke on the pitch.

Tuanzebe is a definite downgrade going forward, and I'm unconvinced he's a better defender.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:52 - Apr 6 with 1608 viewswrightsrightglove

I’m with you on that one. I think if it wasn’t for Clarke’s injury he would be starting ahead of Tuanzebe, whose lack of passing ability completely isolated Omari today. Half decent defender but not good enough on the ball for me
Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 1586 viewsArnieM

For a start Axel is a centre half! His game is not about marauding down the wing. Clarke ( being an ex striker) is a more attacking player. But he’s not a particularly good defender.

You’re trying to compare apples and oranges…..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:56 - Apr 6 with 1554 viewsFrimleyBlue

1000%

Apart from that 1 moment from tuenzebe for sarmiento many games ago. He's not a fullback.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:58 - Apr 6 with 1558 viewsDubtractor

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:54 - Apr 6 by ArnieM

For a start Axel is a centre half! His game is not about marauding down the wing. Clarke ( being an ex striker) is a more attacking player. But he’s not a particularly good defender.

I'm comparing our 2 right back options. Not apples and oranges at all!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:58 - Apr 6 with 1548 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tuanzebe has looked utter class against the poorer sides. I think I prefer Clarke, but it’s like comparing apples to pears. Clarke gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times that nearly cost us. He’s much better going forward and linking with other players though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:58 - Apr 6 with 1553 viewsnrb1985

Agreed.

Had thought this for a while that AT overall has been a bit underwhelming considering his pedigree and he was billed as the guy that marked Mbappe out of the United/PSG game.

Good solid squad player but no more, which is slightly disappointing considering.
Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:02 - Apr 6 with 1531 viewskeighleyblue

I have thought this from day 1. Tuanzebe is a mixed bag for me, makes some great challenges but sometimes gets caught on the wrong foot
Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:03 - Apr 6 with 1505 viewschicoazul

Have you figured out why today was Woolfs fault yet?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:04 - Apr 6 with 1512 viewsbournemouthblue

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:52 - Apr 6 by wrightsrightglove

I’m with you on that one. I think if it wasn’t for Clarke’s injury he would be starting ahead of Tuanzebe, whose lack of passing ability completely isolated Omari today. Half decent defender but not good enough on the ball for me

Obviously if Williams hadn't had his issues, he'd be playing there instead of Axel but we are where we are

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:04 - Apr 6 with 1498 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You would have a valid point ... if he wasn't being played in the same position as Clarke!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:05 - Apr 6 with 1473 viewspointofblue

Tuanzebe is much better than Clarke defensively. Can't believe that's even a discussion.

Clarke is better than him going forward.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:09 - Apr 6 with 1428 viewsClutch

I agree fully, although Tuanzebe has got better.

Always preferred Clarke.
Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:21 - Apr 6 with 1379 viewsKentish_Tractor

With our main man on the RW injured I'd like us to go back to the back 5 that worked so well for us at the start of McKennas reign and put them BOTH in there.

Goalkeeper (I refuse to type his name after today's howler)
Clarke Tuanzebe Woolf Burgess Davis
Morsey Luongo/Taylor
Broadhead Chaplin
Moore

Sarmiento and Omari from the bench.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:23 - Apr 6 with 1348 viewsSwansea_Blue

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:21 - Apr 6 by Kentish_Tractor

With our main man on the RW injured I'd like us to go back to the back 5 that worked so well for us at the start of McKennas reign and put them BOTH in there.

Morsey Luongo/Taylor
Broadhead Chaplin
Moore

We could actually get away with that without it being too defensive, given it's Clarke and Leif. KM seems completely set on his formation though

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:24 - Apr 6 with 1349 viewsbournemouthblue

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:09 - Apr 6 by Clutch

I agree fully, although Tuanzebe has got better.

Always preferred Clarke.

Tuanzebe probably gives you a bit more aerially and he does his best

We keep the ball far better with Clarke on the pitch and have that extra overlapping option

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:24 - Apr 6 with 1346 viewspointofblue

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:21 - Apr 6 by Kentish_Tractor

Morsey Luongo/Taylor
Broadhead Chaplin
Moore

That's not a bad idea actually. It does feel like we're lacking wide options with Hutchinson burning out and Broadhead hot and cold. Actually, it feels like all of our wide players are better coming off the bench than starting.

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:27 - Apr 6 with 1330 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:23 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

We could actually get away with that without it being too defensive, given it's Clarke and Leif. KM seems completely set on his formation though

It's as much 3-4-2-1 as 5-2-2-1. It has been difficult to justify leaving Hutchinson out recently but today looked a game too far for him. Bringing him and Sarmiento on together against a tiring defence would be nice to see.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:33 - Apr 6 with 1288 viewspointofblue

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:23 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

He needs to be more fluid. Admittedly, Plan B being do Plan A better has worked for us this season, but we've struggled in games for more often or not for quite a while now - Wednesday aside, since Millwall. With Hutchinson burning out and Sarmiento only performing as a sub, I do think we need to switch things up.

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:34 - Apr 6 with 1287 viewslowhouseblue

tuanzebe isn't a full back, particularly the way we play. too often his first touch isn't tight enough and his distribution is often poor.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:43 - Apr 6 with 1220 viewsNeedhamChris

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:34 - Apr 6 by lowhouseblue

tuanzebe isn't a full back, particularly the way we play. too often his first touch isn't tight enough and his distribution is often poor.

Yep. The Brandon Williams situation is criminal.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:45 - Apr 6 with 1203 viewsFrimleyBlue

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:34 - Apr 6 by lowhouseblue

Wasn't Travis a versatile fullback?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 16:02 - Apr 6 with 1142 viewsrkc123

We definitely improved when he came on, but I think to suggest Clarke is on the same level defensively does Tuanzebe a massive disservice. There were a couple of situations in the first half where they were working a good move down their left, but Tuanzebe's positioning and range led to him making key interceptions, also while it was ridiculously given as a foul, I think he's our only defender who could make the ground needed to tackle Sargent when he was through in the first half.
Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 11:34 - Apr 7 with 980 viewsArnieM

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:58 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

Tuanzebe has looked utter class against the poorer sides. I think I prefer Clarke, but it’s like comparing apples to pears. Clarke gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times that nearly cost us. He’s much better going forward and linking with other players though.

We ar saying the same thing it seems … agree with you 100% …doubt Dubtractor will though.
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:35]

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 11:36 - Apr 7 with 962 viewsArnieM

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 15:03 - Apr 6 by chicoazul

Have you figured out why today was Woolfs fault yet?

Dunno, was he at fault then? Was he stood in the 2 man wall, or marking fresh air somewhere else , like he usually does, lol?

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 11:56 - Apr 7 with 919 viewsChurchman

Clarke is better than Tuanzebe on 14:52 - Apr 6 by wrightsrightglove

I think that’s where I am. Axel is a competent defender. An imposing figure. But given his PL pedigree I’m a little underwhelmed.

Clarke has his faults and his critics. He gets dragged out of position a bit too easily though part of that is the way the team is set up. I love his enthusiasm, energy, personality, his ability to cause mayhem going forward. There’s a lot to his game and he will improve.

Clarke gets the nod from me, though if he’s carrying injury it’s good he’s not being over played.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024