Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part 14:37 - Apr 6 with 3074 views_clive_baker_

Hate to say it but the better team won.

We’ll smash the c***s in the playoffs if that proves to be our destiny.
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:41 - Apr 6 with 2384 viewsNutkins_Return

By the end it was marginal but probably shaded it. They defended very well at the death.
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:41 - Apr 6 with 2384 viewsbelgablue

Still think we'll get autos. They look a real turgid team and are going to struggle in the years to come if they don't go up this year

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:44 - Apr 6 with 2346 viewsstrikalite

If it is to be play offs then should have everyone back fit which would make a massive difference
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:47 - Apr 6 with 2308 viewstextbackup

No we won’t. We’ll play exactly the same.

They barely played the second half but had 3/4 better chances than us still.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:49 - Apr 6 with 2249 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:47 - Apr 6 by textbackup

No we won’t. We’ll play exactly the same.

They barely played the second half but had 3/4 better chances than us still.

Think it depends which version of us this season against them turns up.

If we play like today, we will lose. Play like we did first half against them at our place and we’d smash them. We really ought to have been at least 3 ahead by halftime back in December.

Absolutely dreadful today though. Result and performance. Awful.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 2208 viewsJimmy86

Could you honestly see that happening though?! Us beating them over 2 legs? ATM we can't even beat them at all... Today is utterly soul destroying and hurts more than any other game we've lost against them, as we're clearly better than them this season...
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:58 - Apr 6 with 2171 viewsChurchman

Yep they were the better team. In fact hands up, over the two games they were the better team, well though we played first half of the PR game. It is what it is. Very disappointing. We are in with a real chance of autos this season and this was a lost three points or one point if I’m not being too greedy.

The team has looked leggy at times and second best over the last three games. Seems to be a bit of a pattern when we play a lot of games in a short space of time. But the team have put in a heck of a lot, not least to claw something out of Mondays game.

Given play offs are highly likely now, we will probably get a chance to have another go at Norwich. If or when we do, let’s do ourselves justice. The table says we are better than them. It’s up to us to prove it.

We are on 87 points. We have had a tremendous season, come what may. Annoying though today is, it doesn’t change that. Five games to go. Let’s see if we can put a performance or two in and win the lot! COYB
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:59 - Apr 6 with 2156 viewsBent_double

You honestly think we'd beat them in the POs???? Not a chance on todays display, not a chance.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:00 - Apr 6 with 2134 viewsbournemouthblue

Over two legs I'd fancy us but we need to learn from this

Tactically it was very similar to how Maidstone played against us, we need a solution to that

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:02 - Apr 6 with 2090 viewstextbackup

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:44 - Apr 6 by strikalite

If it is to be play offs then should have everyone back fit which would make a massive difference

They then also have Rowe

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:02 - Apr 6 with 2074 viewschicoazul

If we get them in the playoffs it’s over. They have the Indian sign over us I’m afraid.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:03 - Apr 6 with 2071 viewsbilllm

Doubtful,
They have us in there pockets
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:04 - Apr 6 with 2052 viewsRyorry

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:00 - Apr 6 by bournemouthblue

Tactically it was very similar to how Maidstone played against us, we need a solution to that

Top post-match comment for me so far 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:05 - Apr 6 with 2027 viewsstrikalite

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:00 - Apr 6 by bournemouthblue

We were really poor first half, no threat all all, once they scored they had something to hold onto second half and allowed us to have it, and had a threat on the counter..
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:05 - Apr 6 with 2025 viewsITFCSG

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:41 - Apr 6 by Nutkins_Return

By the end it was marginal but probably shaded it. They defended very well at the death.

Their defence is miles ahead of ours. No hearts in the mouth moments for them. Can you imagine if the scores were reversed and we were 1-0 up? We would be shi**ing bricks ffs.
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:06 - Apr 6 with 1996 viewsHerbivore

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:02 - Apr 6 by textbackup

They then also have Rowe

Rowe was mainly playing because Sargent was injured, not sure how they accommodate both of them in their system.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:07 - Apr 6 with 1972 viewsRyorry

I agree with your headline.

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:08 - Apr 6 with 1956 viewsChurchman

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:59 - Apr 6 by Bent_double

You honestly think we'd beat them in the POs???? Not a chance on todays display, not a chance.

On form and on in season results and performance we will be underdogs. They are a year two parachute club. Their players are paid double, three or four times ours and they should be better than us.

But the table doesn’t lie. It is up to us isn’t it.
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:14 - Apr 6 with 1908 viewsExiled2Surrey

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:08 - Apr 6 by Churchman

On form and on in season results and performance we will be underdogs. They are a year two parachute club. Their players are paid double, three or four times ours and they should be better than us.

But the table doesn’t lie. It is up to us isn’t it.

Once they went behind against Leicester they completely gave up whereas we were going flat out for the full 100 minutes against Southampton - it is not a complete surprise that they had more energy than us. We will either work out how to squeak through the autos, or be fully prepared for the play offs…

One more thing - they may have Rowe back for the play offs, but if we get Hirst and Burns back, we will be a very different side
[Post edited 6 Apr 15:16]
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:18 - Apr 6 with 1868 viewsstrikalite

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:02 - Apr 6 by textbackup

They then also have Rowe

They do have quality, I'm just trying to think of us at our best, which Burns and Hirst are a huge part of and should by then be fit...feel your pain mate after that, it was a Leeds and West Brom performance, also 12.30's too, we just don't turn up, especially first half, can't keep relying on last 15 minutes from the bench, we just seem to be so sloppy in first half of games, Millwall aside..
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:27 - Apr 6 with 1820 viewsTrequartista

I'd fancy us to beat them in the playoffs, there wasn't much in it today although they deserved to win, and they surely can't get lucky at Portman Road again.

I think also a cold neutral would look at one team being 20 points (or however many it ends up) ahead of the other and make them favourites over 180 minutes.
[Post edited 6 Apr 15:28]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:35 - Apr 6 with 1763 viewsRyorry

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:14 - Apr 6 by Exiled2Surrey

Once they went behind against Leicester they completely gave up whereas we were going flat out for the full 100 minutes against Southampton - it is not a complete surprise that they had more energy than us. We will either work out how to squeak through the autos, or be fully prepared for the play offs…

One more thing - they may have Rowe back for the play offs, but if we get Hirst and Burns back, we will be a very different side
[Post edited 6 Apr 15:16]

Most people also seem to have forgotten that we still have illness in the camp. No surprise if, given also the injuries and absence of Williams, plus number of games recently, we’re lacking in sharpness and energy both physical and mental.

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:43 - Apr 6 with 1697 viewsChrisd

They got the goal and just allowed us to play in front of them, they didn’t need to do anything else, just look to hit us on the break. We certainly tried to gift them a second with a number of defensive lapses too. Recently, we’ve not been great away from home, but Gunn could’ve had a cigar on for that whole 95mins, two crosses caught and dealt with a routine shot from Hutchinson. That was all. Thought we looked so slow, laboured and toothless from minute one. I hate to say it, I just don’t think we turned up today and they didn’t have to do very much to keep us at arm’s length.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:59 - Apr 6 with 1623 viewspointofblue

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:35 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

Most people also seem to have forgotten that we still have illness in the camp. No surprise if, given also the injuries and absence of Williams, plus number of games recently, we’re lacking in sharpness and energy both physical and mental.

Post Christmas, every time we put in a bad performance we seem to have illness in the camp.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 16:04 - Apr 6 with 1587 viewsGotOurIpswichBack

We are well overdue a win and what better way to stem the tide than in the play offs.

I never expected us to win today, although fancied a draw - so in my mind it’s only one point dropped.

Keep the faith.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024