Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part 14:37 - Apr 6 with 3208 views_clive_baker_

Hate to say it but the better team won.

We’ll smash the c***s in the playoffs if that proves to be our destiny.
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 16:06 - Apr 6 with 663 viewsyellowrider120

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:14 - Apr 6 by Exiled2Surrey

Once they went behind against Leicester they completely gave up whereas we were going flat out for the full 100 minutes against Southampton - it is not a complete surprise that they had more energy than us. We will either work out how to squeak through the autos, or be fully prepared for the play offs…

One more thing - they may have Rowe back for the play offs, but if we get Hirst and Burns back, we will be a very different side
[Post edited 6 Apr 15:16]

Agree with that. the Saints game took a lot out of you and you looked flat until last few minutes when the ex Womble guy came on who has genuine pace. Burns and Hirst being fit for the play oofs if it comes to that could be the edge you need.
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 18:17 - Apr 6 with 591 viewsRyorry

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:59 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

Post Christmas, every time we put in a bad performance we seem to have illness in the camp.

KM said before the game today that there's still illness in the camp. The players are human beings, and if they read some of the harsh comments on here today, I have a feeling some of them would be throwing up their hands and saying "if only you knew how our bodies feel".

You can't & don't expect engines that are on their last 20ml of fuel to run at full throttle for 95 mins.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 19:16 - Apr 6 with 541 views_clive_baker_

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 14:58 - Apr 6 by Churchman

Yep they were the better team. In fact hands up, over the two games they were the better team, well though we played first half of the PR game. It is what it is. Very disappointing. We are in with a real chance of autos this season and this was a lost three points or one point if I’m not being too greedy.

The team has looked leggy at times and second best over the last three games. Seems to be a bit of a pattern when we play a lot of games in a short space of time. But the team have put in a heck of a lot, not least to claw something out of Mondays game.

Given play offs are highly likely now, we will probably get a chance to have another go at Norwich. If or when we do, let’s do ourselves justice. The table says we are better than them. It’s up to us to prove it.

We are on 87 points. We have had a tremendous season, come what may. Annoying though today is, it doesn’t change that. Five games to go. Let’s see if we can put a performance or two in and win the lot! COYB

Not sure over the 2 games to be honest. Genuinely thought we were good for a 2 or 3 goal deficit at home and thought they were good for 1 or 2 today. I back us to learn faster than them, I think we would do them over 2 legs especially with the 2nd at home.

Anyhoo hopefully we don’t have to worry about it. Match Leeds in our final 5 games and we’re up and we can watch them lose to Leeds in the semi. 15 my ar5e if we go up and they don’t, I couldn’t give 2 sh1ts. Our season isn’t defined by 2 games, nor will theirs be.
Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 13:08 - Apr 7 with 374 viewspointofblue

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 18:17 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

KM said before the game today that there's still illness in the camp. The players are human beings, and if they read some of the harsh comments on here today, I have a feeling some of them would be throwing up their hands and saying "if only you knew how our bodies feel".

You can't & don't expect engines that are on their last 20ml of fuel to run at full throttle for 95 mins.

Perhaps we need to look at how illness spreads so freely through the squad - maybe cleanliness and infection control at Playford Road? I hold my hands up and admit I’m not as focused on Leicester or Leeds, but cannot remember the same thing being said to bother them, though they could keep it in house. And have more depth in terms of cover. Not sure how Davis got through Blackburn and Southampton considered how he sounded after the former.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 16:43 - Apr 7 with 317 viewsArnieM

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 15:00 - Apr 6 by bournemouthblue

Over two legs I'd fancy us but we need to learn from this

Tactically it was very similar to how Maidstone played against us, we need a solution to that

What you mean defend deep and hit on the break? Yip, I agree totally with you, and we have no answer to it, because we never change our approach. But according to some on here we dont need to change our approach for this type of game, (especially if I raise that point). Maybe if you said it, it would be suddenly become acceptable?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 19:22 - Apr 7 with 242 viewssurreyblue

Thought it was a laboured and tired performance for the most part on 13:08 - Apr 7 by pointofblue

Perhaps we need to look at how illness spreads so freely through the squad - maybe cleanliness and infection control at Playford Road? I hold my hands up and admit I’m not as focused on Leicester or Leeds, but cannot remember the same thing being said to bother them, though they could keep it in house. And have more depth in terms of cover. Not sure how Davis got through Blackburn and Southampton considered how he sounded after the former.

It's also been a tough winter for illness - everyone that I've worked with have had something. There is also just s luck element to these sorts of things too

Don't a few of the team have young kids which won't have helped?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024