Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrappy game 14:32 - Apr 6 with 465 viewsDubtractor

Very little quality from either team, lost to a goal that should be saved.

Ho hum. We go again on Wednesday.

We know we can and will play better, but they did a job on us today.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Scrappy game on 14:34 - Apr 6 with 430 viewsHerbivore

It was reminiscent of games we lost in League 1 and they played the League 1 side role to perfection, which is quite a feat when you've got players like Sara, Sainz, and Sargent in your line up. Did a job on us, aided by a compliant (i.e. sh!t) ref and is being incredibly poor in the final third. Even off our game we created some decent chances last 20 minutes and fluffed all of them without even making Gunn make a save.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Scrappy game on 14:35 - Apr 6 with 423 viewsSwansea_Blue

That was the annoying thing. They weren’t particularly threatening either - got in good positions but also had terrible decision making. Play at our best and we win that easily, but we stopped doing our basics of being brave on the ball and working hard and paid the price. We really were crap. Possibly the worst performance since Bristol Rovers away last season?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Scrappy game on 14:39 - Apr 6 with 402 viewsDubtractor

Also, and this is a real rarity, but Morsy was poor today.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Scrappy game on 14:44 - Apr 6 with 381 viewsstonojnr

Scrappy game on 14:35 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

That was the annoying thing. They weren’t particularly threatening either - got in good positions but also had terrible decision making. Play at our best and we win that easily, but we stopped doing our basics of being brave on the ball and working hard and paid the price. We really were crap. Possibly the worst performance since Bristol Rovers away last season?

Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit for not letting us be brave on the ball like normal in games like that.

I've seen us play worse than that this season away, Cardiff for instance most recently, Leeds etc etc

Take the defeat on the chin, reset,we go again Tuesday, let them be the noisy neighbours about it, we are still in this.

This 5 game block in two weeks was always going to be tough ask on the team with injuries building and losing key players.at this stage.
Scrappy game on 15:00 - Apr 6 with 335 viewsRadlett_blue

Scrappy game on 14:44 - Apr 6 by stonojnr

Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit for not letting us be brave on the ball like normal in games like that.

I've seen us play worse than that this season away, Cardiff for instance most recently, Leeds etc etc

Take the defeat on the chin, reset,we go again Tuesday, let them be the noisy neighbours about it, we are still in this.

This 5 game block in two weeks was always going to be tough ask on the team with injuries building and losing key players.at this stage.

Yes, after leading at h/t Wagner had a plan & the Budgies executed it very well. They looked more likely to score on the break than us to equalise. First 30 minutes were fine & we were gradually getting control, then the error by the assistant in flagging or a foul by Axel gave them a succession of corners & free kicks, which gave them momentum & their goal wasn't against the run of play.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Scrappy game on 15:15 - Apr 6 with 281 viewsTrequartista

Scrappy game on 14:39 - Apr 6 by Dubtractor

Also, and this is a real rarity, but Morsy was poor today.

By his incredible standards i suppose. He made a couple of mistakes near our own box that could have been fatal, but he still played well driving forward i thought.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Scrappy game on 16:32 - Apr 6 with 239 viewsDubtractor

Scrappy game on 15:15 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

By his incredible standards i suppose. He made a couple of mistakes near our own box that could have been fatal, but he still played well driving forward i thought.

Yeah, definitely by hist standards I mean, which are obviously very high. Compare his performance today to against Southampton for example, where he grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and was man of the match despite being on a red card tight rope.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024