Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh well. Games left to go 14:27 - Apr 6 with 1449 viewsFrimleyBlue

But KM. Sorry to say got it wrong today.
Poor selection and imo not a side to hurt norwichs weak points.

We don't know how today's games will go and this maybe the result that puts us into playoffs.. but if we do he needs to really really think how he got today wrong.
[Post edited 6 Apr 14:36]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:30 - Apr 6 with 1258 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t think it was a poor selection. Bar Clarke, that was our strongest team on paper. It was the lack of energy and will to win that killed us. They hunted in packs and wanted every challenge more than us. We were wasteful and slow.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:32 - Apr 6 with 1215 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:30 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t think it was a poor selection. Bar Clarke, that was our strongest team on paper. It was the lack of energy and will to win that killed us. They hunted in packs and wanted every challenge more than us. We were wasteful and slow.

It didn't need massive changes no. But imo tuenzebe and moore were poor choices. Taylor over luongo you never know. But definitely the former two. It just didn't he'll us against their weaknesses. The defenders had it easy with moore and their left back had no issues with hutch and no support.

Think clarke and hamadi start. It's a different game.

Waka waka eh eh

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:33 - Apr 6 with 1186 viewscharlie1

Whoomp! (There it is)
Oh well. Games left to go on 14:34 - Apr 6 with 1141 viewsReus30

Hey Frimmers, welcome back.

Glad to see you haven't changed.
Oh well. Games left to go on 14:35 - Apr 6 with 1125 viewsNeedhamChris

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:33 - Apr 6 by charlie1

Whoomp! (There it is)

Offer your own opinion then you wetwipe.

There's a whole forum of posts on the performance, watch the usual suspects set on one poster though.
[Post edited 6 Apr 14:35]

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:35 - Apr 6 with 1113 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:34 - Apr 6 by Reus30

Hey Frimmers, welcome back.

Glad to see you haven't changed.

How so I've been quite fair today. I'm not over emotional and being careful with my after game thoughts.

Waka waka eh eh

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:40 - Apr 6 with 1026 viewsRobTheMonk

I think on paper it was probably our strongest lineup.

Broadhead, for how good he can be, showed he’s a streaky player again.

Possibly the worst I’ve seen Morsy player for us. He wasn’t awful, but not usual Morsy.

Tuanzebe is very much a centre back playing fullback.The Williams situation has screwed us over a bit in that position.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lower prem team come in for Burgess if we don’t go up.

Too many poor individual performances today. Perhaps a slight hangover from the illness and Mondays emotional recovery.

As much as you’ll hate this, we massively miss Burns and his direct running,
Oh well. Games left to go on 14:40 - Apr 6 with 1017 viewsReus30

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:35 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

How so I've been quite fair today. I'm not over emotional and being careful with my after game thoughts.

You love an overly dramatic finger point. I have agreed with you on occasions but unfortunately not this one. Occasion got to most of the players today and most played their worst game for two seasons. One mistake cost us but we created chances that we didn't do anything with.

Is what it is.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:41 - Apr 6 with 975 viewsNeedhamChris

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:40 - Apr 6 by RobTheMonk

Possibly the worst I’ve seen Morsy player for us. He wasn’t awful, but not usual Morsy.

Tuanzebe is very much a centre back playing fullback.The Williams situation has screwed us over a bit in that position.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lower prem team come in for Burgess if we don’t go up.

Too many poor individual performances today. Perhaps a slight hangover from the illness and Mondays emotional recovery.

The Williams situation is the single biggest mistake of the season from the club, should have been replaced in January.

There's no need for the dig at the end is there. Sad.

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:42 - Apr 6 with 940 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:40 - Apr 6 by RobTheMonk

I wouldn't mind burns but he's not available so you have to go with what works. And hutch and clarke would have been a handful town their weak side. Not a cb playing rb.

Broady. Was poor but he had no options. Usually when he and davis play the ball their looking ahead. Only until the subs were made did we see a player advance past a ball holder. Broady was having to try and take on 2 3 players as moor was just standing around.

Waka waka eh eh

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:42 - Apr 6 with 935 viewsRobTheMonk

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:41 - Apr 6 by NeedhamChris

The Williams situation is the single biggest mistake of the season from the club, should have been replaced in January.

There's no need for the dig at the end is there. Sad.

I think you need to read through my previous posts to show how much support I actually have given Frimmers mate. Tongue in cheek comment, not a dig.
[Post edited 6 Apr 14:43]
Oh well. Games left to go on 14:44 - Apr 6 with 898 viewsNeedhamChris

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:42 - Apr 6 by RobTheMonk

I think you need to read through my previous posts to show how much support I actually have given Frimmers mate. Tongue in cheek comment, not a dig.
[Post edited 6 Apr 14:43]

Fair enough, apologies. Going to be a long afternoon!

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:45 - Apr 6 with 881 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:40 - Apr 6 by Reus30

You love an overly dramatic finger point. I have agreed with you on occasions but unfortunately not this one. Occasion got to most of the players today and most played their worst game for two seasons. One mistake cost us but we created chances that we didn't do anything with.

Is what it is.

But the manager picks the side. Who else am I to point the finger at.

He mentioned on his interview he knew norwich weak points. So why not pick a side to go up against those weak points. Moore was a sitting duck with their defenders and hutch had no support from fullback.

You'll see I've agreed about the game and how it played out.. but it doesn't mean you can't be disappointed that we didn't play to to at norwich weak points.

Waka waka eh eh

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:50 - Apr 6 with 818 viewscharlie1

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:35 - Apr 6 by NeedhamChris

Offer your own opinion then you wetwipe.

There's a whole forum of posts on the performance, watch the usual suspects set on one poster though.
[Post edited 6 Apr 14:35]

This post isn’t about the performance though is it? It’s about KM’s team selection.

Where was the criticism of KM when the team was announced? There was none at all was there, because (with maybe a conversation to be had about Tuanzebe/Clarke) that was clearly our strongest available starting 11.

Frimmers would be an excellent manager of a Hindsight XI.

Wetwipe. Are you 5?
Oh well. Games left to go on 14:51 - Apr 6 with 783 viewsReusersTown

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:42 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

I wouldn't mind burns but he's not available so you have to go with what works. And hutch and clarke would have been a handful town their weak side. Not a cb playing rb.

Broady. Was poor but he had no options. Usually when he and davis play the ball their looking ahead. Only until the subs were made did we see a player advance past a ball holder. Broady was having to try and take on 2 3 players as moor was just standing around.

Playing away from home in a derby against the team in 6th. At the time it looks absolutely the right decision and there's no obvious reason to say that it wasn't now.
Oh well. Games left to go on 14:51 - Apr 6 with 783 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:50 - Apr 6 by charlie1

This post isn’t about the performance though is it? It’s about KM’s team selection.

Where was the criticism of KM when the team was announced? There was none at all was there, because (with maybe a conversation to be had about Tuanzebe/Clarke) that was clearly our strongest available starting 11.

Frimmers would be an excellent manager of a Hindsight XI.

Wetwipe. Are you 5?

Yes there were discussions about moore not being the right option. And clarke. Tuenzebe etc. Hence my OP.

Just to confirm.

Waka waka eh eh

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:53 - Apr 6 with 744 viewsITFC_84

McKenna done so much right,
But OP allowed to offer his opinion.
He’s correct, McKenna got it wrong today.
Oh well. Games left to go on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 726 viewsthatbdude

Notice how we perfom better when your quite frimmers? Yeah because I would be too

Poll: Who going down?

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:55 - Apr 6 with 719 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:51 - Apr 6 by ReusersTown

Playing away from home in a derby against the team in 6th. At the time it looks absolutely the right decision and there's no obvious reason to say that it wasn't now.

Course there is.

Norwich are poor on the left. So you overload them on that side.. however tuenzebe was never going to give that level of support.

Moore. Injured. Not mobile when fit let alone injured. Against 2 stocky cbs who just stood upto him. It was am obvious no no. It needed pace and directness for balls over the top or through gaps.

So no. At the time is was definitely not the right decision it still isn't

BUT we could have had a draw had it not been for a wonky wall or whatever. And norwifh didn't actually do much either. But for us to have won thar game we needed to hurt them by hitting their weaknesses.

Waka waka eh eh

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:56 - Apr 6 with 691 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We came up against an experienced, well-organised side that has won 9 and drawn 1 of their last 10 home league matches. Clearly full of confidence. We gifted them a goal (which we have had a tendency to do occasionally) and they shut the game down and stopped us playing. It was a poor performance but a few sides like Leeds have been able to do it to us occasionally.

We go again and rely on someone taking points off Leeds. They have Coventry away today and Southampton still to play. We are still top of the league. I am sure many more would have criticised McKenna had he left Moore on the bench, played Taylor ahead of Luongo and the result had been the same or worse.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:58 - Apr 6 with 670 viewsTonytown

Norwich did a job on us today.

We were poor, but no worse than at Blackburn.

We missed Burns to give us an option on the right.

Kieran McKenna speaking well, calmly and measured as always.
Oh well. Games left to go on 14:59 - Apr 6 with 660 viewsbilllm

You have to open a poor defence Taylor should of started,
Broadhead should never start away from home,
Home yes away no,
We have good players but half of them seem impact players, that doesn't help,
Oh well. Games left to go on 15:08 - Apr 6 with 581 viewsExiled2Surrey

Oh well. Games left to go on 14:56 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

We came up against an experienced, well-organised side that has won 9 and drawn 1 of their last 10 home league matches. Clearly full of confidence. We gifted them a goal (which we have had a tendency to do occasionally) and they shut the game down and stopped us playing. It was a poor performance but a few sides like Leeds have been able to do it to us occasionally.

We go again and rely on someone taking points off Leeds. They have Coventry away today and Southampton still to play. We are still top of the league. I am sure many more would have criticised McKenna had he left Moore on the bench, played Taylor ahead of Luongo and the result had been the same or worse.

I do think Frimmers had a point - the clear weakness when watching the Leicester game was their left - I was slightly surprised that Jackson didn’t start.

I also wonder whether there is anything up with Hutch. Probably game state plays a part, but Sarmiento got loads of joy down the right in the last few minutes, while Hutch was pretty reluctant to take on the man - might have been that Clarke was on at that point, but the chemistry was definitely not right there from the start.
Oh well. Games left to go on 15:18 - Apr 6 with 538 viewsblueislander

Odd to blame the manager when the team selected is widely recognised to be our best and has served us very well. Blame the players who collectively failed to perform at anywhere near their best. We were second best today. End of.
Oh well. Games left to go on 15:19 - Apr 6 with 527 viewspointofblue

Oh well. Games left to go on 15:18 - Apr 6 by blueislander

Odd to blame the manager when the team selected is widely recognised to be our best and has served us very well. Blame the players who collectively failed to perform at anywhere near their best. We were second best today. End of.

Then it's up to McKenna to make tactical changes and help them. Which didn't happen today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024