Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” 20:35 - Apr 5 with 2648 viewsKeno

This was in response to my comment over dinner that I was feeling a nervy cos of the football tomorrow

I was very adult in my reply, I ate the last of my ice cream with sprinkles on blew araspberry and flounced into the kitchen seeing the Magic song, very loudly

Admittedly I didn’t expect to fall back in love with the ITFC in the way I have over the past 2 years and guess in the great scheme of things tomorrow doesn’t really matter …… but I just hope we participate in giving the inbred sister shagging trophy dodging yellow budgie b’stards a right thrashing

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 20:43 - Apr 5 with 2456 viewsBrianTablet

What time are we invited round yours tomorrow?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 20:45 - Apr 5 with 2444 viewsRyorry

Sod anyone/everyone who tells any adult to "grow up" when it comes to playing or watching any sport; or to stop engaging in adventure or fun.

One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make in adult life is to stop having kids' sense of fun & enjoyment in the moment. (All dog owners already know this of course!)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 21:17 - Apr 5 with 2313 viewsJ2BLUE

It doesn't really matter?

Divorce her Keno.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 21:24 - Apr 5 with 2256 viewsNthQldITFC

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 20:45 - Apr 5 by Ryorry

Sod anyone/everyone who tells any adult to "grow up" when it comes to playing or watching any sport; or to stop engaging in adventure or fun.

One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make in adult life is to stop having kids' sense of fun & enjoyment in the moment. (All dog owners already know this of course!)

Abso-loo-mon.

Refusing to grow up and get with the programme keeps you young and virile in my humble wassaname.

Whisky on the eve of the game helps too.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 21:34 - Apr 5 with 2177 viewsSwansea_Blue

Never grow up Keno. It’s seriously overrated

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 21:43 - Apr 5 with 2098 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Welcome to my world Keno.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 21:50 - Apr 5 with 2037 viewsblueislander

One of your finest posts Kenneth.
Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 21:51 - Apr 5 with 2026 viewsgainsboroughblue

This is why I love living alone.

Win, I go to the pub and sing, drink until I puke.

Lose, I get to be a mardy @rse for the rest of the weekend without recriminations.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 00:01 - Apr 6 with 1712 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Yeah, I love "blew araspberry", too.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 00:51 - Apr 6 with 1615 viewsChurchman

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 21:17 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

It doesn't really matter?

Divorce her Keno.

Yeah, I agree. She’s got to go. Crossed the line and all that.

Never grow up. Do that and you are old or have probably died. There are plenty of times in life where you have to do serious stuff - in the workplace, at home, you name it. Which makes dossing about, going nuts at the football, the pub Sunday celebrating or trying to forget, getting wasted by tea at the cricket, smashing golf balls, trying to kill yourself on the ski slopes, trying the ultra hot sauce with my peri peri chicken in Nando’s at lunchtime because I was told it was a bad idea etc etc all the more fun.
Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 07:14 - Apr 6 with 1286 viewsMK1

"I just hope we participate in giving the inbred sister shagging trophy dodging yellow budgie b’stards a right thrashing".

Couldn't have put it better myself.
Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:33 - Apr 6 with 1094 viewsbluejacko

If your good woman believes today doesn’t matter then you should seriously consider booking her in for counselling as she obviously needs some help😂
Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:39 - Apr 6 with 1063 viewsMJallday

Disgusting - who has sprinkles on ice cream ?

Tip top yes
Chocolate sauce that freezes yes
Jelly definitely

Bloody sprinkles.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:42 - Apr 6 with 1050 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 00:51 - Apr 6 by Churchman

Yeah, I agree. She’s got to go. Crossed the line and all that.

Never grow up. Do that and you are old or have probably died. There are plenty of times in life where you have to do serious stuff - in the workplace, at home, you name it. Which makes dossing about, going nuts at the football, the pub Sunday celebrating or trying to forget, getting wasted by tea at the cricket, smashing golf balls, trying to kill yourself on the ski slopes, trying the ultra hot sauce with my peri peri chicken in Nando’s at lunchtime because I was told it was a bad idea etc etc all the more fun.

My motto for years has been "Don't grow up, it's a trap."

I'm doing stand-up comedy now, after Lady Dollers got me a stand-up comedy course for my 50th birthday. Forget matchday v Norwich, standing in front of a London audience trying to make them laugh is the very definition of anxiety!

Life is all just a silly game.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:46 - Apr 6 with 1023 viewshoppy

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 21:34 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

Never grow up Keno. It’s seriously overrated

Don’t worry, I can’t see that happening anyway.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:48 - Apr 6 with 1016 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 21:24 - Apr 5 by NthQldITFC

Abso-loo-mon.

Refusing to grow up and get with the programme keeps you young and virile in my humble wassaname.

Whisky on the eve of the game helps too.

I did the alcohol thing and had a fairly late night in the hopes of sleeping properly.
5:47am this morning, wide awake.

I walked a very surprised looking dog.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:55 - Apr 6 with 982 viewsEdwardStone

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:39 - Apr 6 by MJallday

Disgusting - who has sprinkles on ice cream ?

Tip top yes
Chocolate sauce that freezes yes
Jelly definitely

Bloody sprinkles.

Do you have crushed nuts

Or is it just arthuritis?
Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:55 - Apr 6 with 980 viewsMJallday

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:42 - Apr 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

My motto for years has been "Don't grow up, it's a trap."

I'm doing stand-up comedy now, after Lady Dollers got me a stand-up comedy course for my 50th birthday. Forget matchday v Norwich, standing in front of a London audience trying to make them laugh is the very definition of anxiety!

Life is all just a silly game.

Was your stand up course “4 hours with hoppy at a bar “ ?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:59 - Apr 6 with 953 viewsKeno

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:48 - Apr 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

I did the alcohol thing and had a fairly late night in the hopes of sleeping properly.

Was it your dog or just a random one you picked up?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 09:04 - Apr 6 with 934 viewsNthQldITFC

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:48 - Apr 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Similar outcome for myself.

Any idea whose dog it was?

Edit: I often find that I've thought (or typed without seeing) the same sort of thing as Keno. Not sure which of us should be the most concerned.
[Post edited 6 Apr 9:15]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 09:17 - Apr 6 with 861 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Doesn't matter? Top of the league with 6 to go even if it wasn't scum it would matter. With scum it double matters.

Come on boys!

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 09:24 - Apr 6 with 823 viewshoppy

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:55 - Apr 6 by MJallday

Was your stand up course “4 hours with hoppy at a bar “ ?

A) I don’t (and couldn’t) do stand up. (I do improv tho)
B) we’ve never actually met.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 09:37 - Apr 6 with 769 viewsBramidan

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 07:14 - Apr 6 by MK1

"I just hope we participate in giving the inbred sister shagging trophy dodging yellow budgie b’stards a right thrashing".

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Keno, man of the forum.
Classic phrase.
Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 09:48 - Apr 6 with 728 viewsEuropablue

What I have found is that everyone has their thing that brings them joy and that people regard as ridiculous, be that religion, football, shopping, videogames, or whatever. People should just let each person have their thing as long as it doesn't harm others.
Being too serious about ITFC is not so compatible with family life, but I'm indoctrinating my son at present. He likes watching for about 10 minutes and seeing the highlights the day after and wearing the shirts, looking at the programmes and singing the songs!
Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 10:31 - Apr 6 with 613 viewspatrickswell

Apparently I should “grown up” and “it really doesn’t matter” on 08:55 - Apr 6 by EdwardStone

Do you have crushed nuts

Or is it just arthuritis?

With the spelling error, this becomes an even funnier joke than it initially looked like being.

As for the OP, I find age helps gain perspective. I’m 48 now and the last two years of ITFC have felt like such a rollercoaster, that I’ve increasingly found myself adopting a what will be will be attitude.
To promotion, to beating Norwich, to winning games etc. It’s just a healthier way to be.

That being said, I have decided to wait until after the game before shaving my beard today, just in case it jinxes things..,,
[Post edited 6 Apr 10:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024