Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died 10:57 - Apr 5 with 1170 viewsDubtractor

6 music are doing loads of Nirvana related stuff today, for anyone interested.

30 years though, bloody hell that makes me feel old.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:02 - Apr 5 with 1141 viewsbazza

I remember the days when people Used to say to me, enjoy it while you’re young it goes so quick. Not heard anyone say that for 30 years.. played a bit of Cyprus hill
And nirvana to my kids , they liked it.. it still Seems so current, in my head at least.
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:06 - Apr 5 with 1124 viewsDubtractor

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:02 - Apr 5 by bazza

I remember the days when people Used to say to me, enjoy it while you’re young it goes so quick. Not heard anyone say that for 30 years.. played a bit of Cyprus hill
And nirvana to my kids , they liked it.. it still Seems so current, in my head at least.

Your last sentence is it for me. I listen to loads of new stuff, but stuff from the 90s still doesn't feel like it's old at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:22 - Apr 5 with 1095 viewsWhos_blue

Jeez.

I still remember John Peel announcing it on his Radio 1 nighttime show.

30 years?!?

I was 23!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:22 - Apr 5 with 1095 viewsbazza

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:06 - Apr 5 by Dubtractor

Your last sentence is it for me. I listen to loads of new stuff, but stuff from the 90s still doesn't feel like it's old at all.

The 90s and to an extent the early 00s were fantastic for
Music, some really good bands some really good tunes, with meaning, not just trash talk with a beat, there’s some really good stuff about today, but few and far between , 60s- to the very early 00s some absolutely banging bands. Hence why most festivals are pants now.
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:48 - Apr 5 with 1041 viewsbluester

I remember hearing the news at my 18th birthday party and the band playing Nirvana for the rest of the evening.

I was not a fan.
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:58 - Apr 5 with 1020 viewsleitrimblue

Feck 30 years! Makes me feel completely decrepit..
Remember seeing Nirvana at Reading the summer before that. Its all a bit blurry but think even then he was wheeled on in a wheelchair as there were rumours he had overdosed or something a few days before.
Guess that was probably last gig in uk?
[Post edited 5 Apr 12:03]
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 12:26 - Apr 5 with 970 viewsAYACCA

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:22 - Apr 5 by bazza

Music, some really good bands some really good tunes, with meaning, not just trash talk with a beat, there’s some really good stuff about today, but few and far between , 60s- to the very early 00s some absolutely banging bands. Hence why most festivals are pants now.

Busted, s club 7....
Just messing. Offspring, Green day, Blink, oasis blur, feeder, foos, stereophonics so many bands that made their best stuff in the mid to late 90s.
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 12:34 - Apr 5 with 951 viewsWeWereZombies

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:22 - Apr 5 by bazza

Just be careful how you choose your festivals, looking forward to seeing this band from Colchester at Bearded Theory towards the end of next month:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 12:41 - Apr 5 with 931 viewsPhilTWTD

I was at a gig at the Caribbean Club and a friend of mine - also sadly no longer with us - told me. The news seemed to gradually seep around the room.
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 12:44 - Apr 5 with 920 viewsNthQldITFC

That's a bit weird - pretty sure I hadn't seen this or any other mention of it and I've just been walking home singing "The man who sold the world" to myself. And the Nirvana version was what I had in my head.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 12:48 - Apr 5 with 909 viewsDubtractor

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 12:34 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

Just be careful how you choose your festivals, looking forward to seeing this band from Colchester at Bearded Theory towards the end of next month:

That Bearded Theory line up is ace.

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 13:11 - Apr 5 with 880 viewsghostofescobar

I still have my unused ticket for Nirvana's gig at the Aston Villa Leisure Centre, which was to take place on 30/03/94. He had gone back to the US after overdosing in Italy (I think) a few weeks before. Held on to the ticket as initially thought it would be rescheduled for later in the year. Then got the news. Nevermind meant a lot to me at the time. Sometimes albums come along and they make this connection with you that is impossible to fully explain. They just come along and become your inseparable friend for a while. Nevermind was one of those. RIP Kurt.

GhostOfEscobar

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 13:29 - Apr 5 with 845 viewswischip

30 years ?! Ah I think that might explain something then. I went into Primark last week looking for a plain black hoodie. Couldn't find anything without branding on it. But I did notice that the only tops with a music logo on them were all various Nirvana images. No other more recent bands anywhere. I thought are The Kids into a 30 year old band more than anything else ? Now I realise it's just business get ready for the 30 year tie in and The Kids getting a Nirvana logo to put next to Ramones and Guns N' Roses merch.
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 13:54 - Apr 5 with 793 viewsDBaldy

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 13:11 - Apr 5 by ghostofescobar

I still have my unused ticket for Nirvana's gig at the Aston Villa Leisure Centre, which was to take place on 30/03/94. He had gone back to the US after overdosing in Italy (I think) a few weeks before. Held on to the ticket as initially thought it would be rescheduled for later in the year. Then got the news. Nevermind meant a lot to me at the time. Sometimes albums come along and they make this connection with you that is impossible to fully explain. They just come along and become your inseparable friend for a while. Nevermind was one of those. RIP Kurt.

Yeah you're right about his overdose in Italy.

Me and my sister had tickets to see them at Brixton Academy on 9th-ish April, so we figured that would get rearranged after his OD, but I remember my mum telling me to put the radio on first thing in the morning (16 year old me would've otherwise laid in bed till at least midday!) & I just couldn't believe it.

I was lucky enough to see pretty much every other band from that era, but Nirvana was the one I was looking forward to the most.

Someone posted recently about Soundgarden's Superunknown album being 30 years old & I've listened to that a number of times lately, so will definitely have to put some Nirvana on my playlist later on.

30 years. Wow, where has the time gone?
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 14:26 - Apr 5 with 758 viewschicoazul

“Suicide”

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 14:32 - Apr 5 with 738 viewsBuhrer

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 11:02 - Apr 5 by bazza

Listening to Black Sunday again recently I was impressed I could remember pretty much all the lyrics, but concerned I can't remember what I now did yesterday.

Nirvana was almost a first love, age 13. Enjoyed still at volume when its needed. I was sadder when The ODB died though.
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 14:58 - Apr 5 with 703 viewsbazza

30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 14:32 - Apr 5 by Buhrer

Listening to Black Sunday again recently I was impressed I could remember pretty much all the lyrics, but concerned I can't remember what I now did yesterday.

Nirvana was almost a first love, age 13. Enjoyed still at volume when its needed. I was sadder when The ODB died though.

Got a mate who as soon as you mention Cyprus hill, could sing the whole album to you , hits from the bong… TWTD’s.
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 19:35 - Apr 5 with 596 viewsITFCMonk

Sang Lithium on karaoke last night without realising
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 22:18 - Apr 5 with 529 viewsRIPbobby

I remember seeing him in stowmarket in the early 90s and flashed a smile at him thinking it was someone who looked a lot like him. In subsequent years I realised that he had been to finborough to visit John Peel and that an old acquaintance was his son. Strange really.
30 years today since Kurt Cobain died on 23:00 - Apr 5 with 493 viewsTrequartista

At the time, he wasn't really known outside of the world of rock music, and I remember reading of his death in a tiny column tucked away on about page 8 of the Daily Mirror.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024