Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead 23:14 - Apr 2 with 2051 viewsGarv

Such a clever player.

Arguably he changed the game and I'd say his was the goal of the game, taking into the account the whole move.

I think every other player in our side takes a touch when he receives that ball off Taylor, but he knows it was a good first time pass into him, and the keeper will be expecting a first time shot even less.

Class.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Broadhead on 23:17 - Apr 2 with 2014 viewsNthQldITFC

His control and footwork to set up Ali for the one that hit the post were superb, and that in itself provided quite a ramp up in an atmosphere which was already seriously building. Gamechanger.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Broadhead on 07:41 - Apr 3 with 1666 viewsLeoMuff

He is a quality player, indeed my current favourite in the squad, however think he has been under par for a few games recently, but he is always capable of moments of quality like that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Broadhead on 07:54 - Apr 3 with 1599 viewsSheffordBlue

Broadhead on 07:41 - Apr 3 by LeoMuff

He is a quality player, indeed my current favourite in the squad, however think he has been under par for a few games recently, but he is always capable of moments of quality like that.

So much of what he does is right 'on the edge'. I think that does mean that quite often stuff won't come off because the margins are so small and if that happens a few times in a match it makes it look likes he's "off it". I think that's just the price you pay for someone who can do what he does sometimes.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Broadhead on 08:28 - Apr 3 with 1469 viewsRichardWright

Broadhead and Clarke changed the game for sure. Far be it from me to question McKenna but it's almost as if they are in our best XI and should have started?
Broadhead on 08:34 - Apr 3 with 1418 viewsBloomBlue

He does the opposite to what everyone expects, which makes it looks like he's off form sometimes when it doesn't come off.
I'm sure all the Saints players and probably everyone in the ground expected him to pass that ball again and never expected a shot which caught the keeper out.

But football as they say is fine margins, the shoot goes through the defenders legs, if the defender stops it some fans would moan and say Broadhead is off form he should pass there

But his movement definitely changed the game, also to be fair as did Taylor, it forced Saints to bring a midfielder closer to the defence than they had previously. That gave Taylor and Morsy additional space.
Broadhead on 09:13 - Apr 3 with 1337 viewsSaleAway

Someone mentioned this on another thread, but there is a real theme of our players hitting the ball first time in the box. Yes we shank some into the crowd ( Al hamadi had one on Monday), but if you do strike it well, that split second you gain makes it much less likely the shot will be blocked and also catches the keeper flat footed.

I'm sure it's another manifestation of KMs coaching and attention to detail

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Broadhead on 09:29 - Apr 3 with 1218 viewsitfc_bucks

Broadhead on 08:28 - Apr 3 by RichardWright

Broadhead and Clarke changed the game for sure. Far be it from me to question McKenna but it's almost as if they are in our best XI and should have started?

Broady's form has been a bit patchy of late, particularly when starting.

Clarke is 100% nursing that Achilles injury. You can see it whenever he's about to launch into a sprint.
Broadhead on 09:40 - Apr 3 with 1143 viewsGarv

Broadhead on 07:54 - Apr 3 by SheffordBlue

So much of what he does is right 'on the edge'. I think that does mean that quite often stuff won't come off because the margins are so small and if that happens a few times in a match it makes it look likes he's "off it". I think that's just the price you pay for someone who can do what he does sometimes.

Very similar to Chaplin really. For someone who does so much good and is loved for good reason, Chaplin gives the ball away quite a lot!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Broadhead on 10:10 - Apr 3 with 1067 viewsBasuco

While I agree Broadhead is a class player, it is also a theme with the KMc era that any sub doesn't just replace a starter, the set-up, and dynamic of the team changes, so that teams have an almost completely different set of problems to deal with. It is why KMc refers to the squad not players, why we are so dangerous at the end of games, with so many points from losing positions. Schumacher at Plymouth was also very good at this. Just look again at our second goal, Leif in space to Taylor on the edge of the box in clear space first time pass to Broady in the box and also in space, bang, 2 - 2. Then Leif to Jez who is in the box in so much space he can slip and miss hit his shot, recover and score the winner. That is not luck it was tactical tweaks to score two well worked goals. Martin had no answer to the tactical changes in the last 10 - 15 minutes.
Broadhead on 10:19 - Apr 3 with 993 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Broadhead on 10:10 - Apr 3 by Basuco

While I agree Broadhead is a class player, it is also a theme with the KMc era that any sub doesn't just replace a starter, the set-up, and dynamic of the team changes, so that teams have an almost completely different set of problems to deal with. It is why KMc refers to the squad not players, why we are so dangerous at the end of games, with so many points from losing positions. Schumacher at Plymouth was also very good at this. Just look again at our second goal, Leif in space to Taylor on the edge of the box in clear space first time pass to Broady in the box and also in space, bang, 2 - 2. Then Leif to Jez who is in the box in so much space he can slip and miss hit his shot, recover and score the winner. That is not luck it was tactical tweaks to score two well worked goals. Martin had no answer to the tactical changes in the last 10 - 15 minutes.

I often wonder what KM gets to see on his iPad that presumably drives some of his many inspired decisions. Maybe he’s just playing candy crush.

The other thing on tactics, in my time following Town (25+ years), I’ve never known another manager who’s made so much impact at half time in games. Even without personel changes, the impact has been glaring. The two Leicester games in particular come to mind, where we’ve spent the first half chasing shadows, and then come out a different team in the second half and taken the game to them.
Broadhead on 10:29 - Apr 3 with 944 views_clive_baker_

I've said it before and I maintain that he's the sort of player you only really appreciate when you watch him up close and personal. His close control and touch is frighteningly good, he's got such good feet, and can certainly finish. I bet he's ridiculous in small sided games. 13 goals for the season now too, does that make him joint top scorer?
Broadhead on 10:38 - Apr 3 with 914 viewsLankHenners

Could see what McKenna was going for starting Omari and Jackson on either side - gives you pace on each wing with players who can do the hard yards as Broadhead can look a bit timid and lightweight in games where you need to be physical and unafraid to get stuck into challenges. However, Omari struggled to get into the game and without wanting to upset people it was another example of how Jackson's a big downgrade on Burns in that position.

Certainly helped getting players on the pitch that are better on the ball and give us a bit more thrust and creativity going forwards. Broadhead did have a bit of a dip in form but even with that he's still our joint top scorer, joint-9th in the division with only 2 players having a better conversion rate.

If you forget who we're playing and slight personnel adjustments because of that, our best XI has him in it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Broadhead on 10:39 - Apr 3 with 898 viewsBondiBlue

Maybe it was because they were ill and not 100% or maybe carrying injuries. But it's just as likely that mckenna wanted them fresh for the last half hour. Broadhead against a tiring defence is a weapon.

If we get there (big if, not counting chickens etc etc) i'll be fascinated to see how he goes in the premier league. He'll still be class but might need to spend all summer in the gym to be a starter (or ever do more than 60 mins). If he can add a bit of stamina, he could be a 30 million pound player.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Broadhead on 11:05 - Apr 3 with 809 viewsusm

Dont forget Taylor - what a difference he made.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Broadhead on 11:26 - Apr 3 with 734 viewsBiGDonnie

Chaplin doesn't, if it was on his left...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Broadhead on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 701 viewsGuthrum

Broadhead on 10:19 - Apr 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I often wonder what KM gets to see on his iPad that presumably drives some of his many inspired decisions. Maybe he’s just playing candy crush.

The other thing on tactics, in my time following Town (25+ years), I’ve never known another manager who’s made so much impact at half time in games. Even without personel changes, the impact has been glaring. The two Leicester games in particular come to mind, where we’ve spent the first half chasing shadows, and then come out a different team in the second half and taken the game to them.

Clearly they're reading TWTD for suggestions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Broadhead on 11:49 - Apr 3 with 634 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Broadhead on 11:34 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

Clearly they're reading TWTD for suggestions.

Most probably the comments such as “take Burns off he just whacks it”.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024