Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load 21:09 - Apr 2 with 3861 viewsle2blue

But walking out last night I said to my lad, for the first time since 1992, I think we might actually be the best team in the Championship. Maybe not technically throughout the team, but the most complete. They have the guile, commitment, tactics, organisation, they're totally relentless and most importantly they're a team. You can see that when Kieran says they learn from experiences that they actually do, and they now know how to win and have been winning for two years.

So proud to be a blue with how the team / club is progressing, and actually increasingly confident that we can maintain our form and get across the line, maybe even do the most insane thing and win the bloody thing.
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:12 - Apr 2 with 3508 viewsbazza

And the support is ridiculous.. I watch clips and highlights, and watch the crowd going mental when that goal went in, and I get a lump in my throat every time !!
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:19 - Apr 2 with 3398 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:12 - Apr 2 by bazza

And the support is ridiculous.. I watch clips and highlights, and watch the crowd going mental when that goal went in, and I get a lump in my throat every time !!

I’ve only been going since the late 90’s so not seen a huge amount of success. The atmosphere was unbelievable last night - even the casuals stayed behind at then end to sing ‘we are top of the league’ and wait for a McKenna and the lads to come over. Even before the winner I thought the roars from the crowd were going to take the roof off. I think even at 2-1 down there as a feeling in the air we were going to turn the game around.

Felt like we’d won the title or a cup at the end…
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:20 - Apr 2 with 3390 viewsgainsboroughblue

The scenes at that goal were amazing. No disrespect to SAR stand but that's why you want us shooting towards the North Stand end in the second half.

Imagine the carnage had Gunn's airkick had been that end in 1996. Jeez.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:27 - Apr 2 with 3286 viewsIllinoisblue

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:20 - Apr 2 by gainsboroughblue

The scenes at that goal were amazing. No disrespect to SAR stand but that's why you want us shooting towards the North Stand end in the second half.

Never seen North Stand limbs like that before. Quite incredible.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:29 - Apr 2 with 3268 viewsbazza

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:20 - Apr 2 by gainsboroughblue

To be fair, it did look carnage everywhere , but agree 100% shooting to the north stand second half is just the way it should be !! It looked mental.
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:40 - Apr 2 with 3152 viewsArnieM

OP: it’s awesome just far this squad has come in just over a year. I’ve just tried to watch Pompey vs Derby and I’ve turned it off. The supposed two best teams in League One and it was utter dross. Town would their arses now, at a canter

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:42 - Apr 2 with 3129 viewsDarkBrandon

Good point. Fantastic though Burley’s sides were, there was always a side or two better than us.
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:20 - Apr 2 with 2881 viewsBlueBadger

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 21:40 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

OP: it’s awesome just far this squad has come in just over a year. I’ve just tried to watch Pompey vs Derby and I’ve turned it off. The supposed two best teams in League One and it was utter dross. Town would their arses now, at a canter

Are you sure? Our defence has been rubbish and our midfield are pedestrian according to you...
[Post edited 2 Apr 23:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:35 - Apr 2 with 2808 viewsBugs

There were a few sat around me whose support wasn't very supportive for quite a while when we were 2-1 down. I get passion, but there was anger directed at our players and Mckenna, before we got the equaliser. I do have to add this was just 2 or 3 people, but they were very vocal with it at times.
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:41 - Apr 2 with 2738 viewsbazza

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:35 - Apr 2 by Bugs

There were a few sat around me whose support wasn't very supportive for quite a while when we were 2-1 down. I get passion, but there was anger directed at our players and Mckenna, before we got the equaliser. I do have to add this was just 2 or 3 people, but they were very vocal with it at times.

Is that correct terminology for 3 of them , a bunch of w@nkers?
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:42 - Apr 2 with 2735 viewsDarkBrandon

Boot them out and ban them. When we have plenty of people who would happily take their seats - and would get behind the side - we don’t need them spoiling it for everyone else.

I’ve never got this “we pay our money, we are entitled to make our views known” nonsense. Don’t like it? F-off.

I started this post in jest, but I’m almost persuaded
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:57 - Apr 2 with 2660 viewsIllinoisblue

Not quite the same but I was laughing at some Town fans yesterday after club tweeted out the usual Clarke fist pump video. A number of comments quickly followed from people moaning that he doesn’t do the fist pump for Churchmans. - a fair enough point in isolation maybe - but just minutes after an astonishing win in an astonishing season and people’s first thought is to grumble.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 08:29 - Apr 3 with 2050 viewsGeoffSentence

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:57 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

Not quite the same but I was laughing at some Town fans yesterday after club tweeted out the usual Clarke fist pump video. A number of comments quickly followed from people moaning that he doesn’t do the fist pump for Churchmans. - a fair enough point in isolation maybe - but just minutes after an astonishing win in an astonishing season and people’s first thought is to grumble.

And he did give the Sir Alf a quick fisting on Monday.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 08:38 - Apr 3 with 2009 viewspeterleeblue

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:42 - Apr 2 by DarkBrandon

Boot them out and ban them. When we have plenty of people who would happily take their seats - and would get behind the side - we don’t need them spoiling it for everyone else.

I’ve never got this “we pay our money, we are entitled to make our views known” nonsense. Don’t like it? F-off.

How an earth can people have a go at Mckenna. Absolute knuckle dragging weapons!!
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 08:42 - Apr 3 with 1986 viewsSteve_M

It was absolute fcking carnage in the North stand as it was that day.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 08:42 - Apr 3 with 1981 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, that "we support the Ipswich if we're down or if we're up" seems to only apply partially to some fans.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 10:25 - Apr 3 with 1715 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:42 - Apr 2 by DarkBrandon

Fortunately an absolute minority of fans in my experience, most likely the ones that disappeared when we were in league one (probably supporting Spurs or the like on TV for a few years).

It’s certainly not unique to Town, I’d say we are far more forgiving than some of the Neanderthals at West Ham for example. The absolute dogs abuse that Moyes gets despite a (somewhat pony) trophy and being 7th in the league.
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 10:29 - Apr 3 with 1688 viewsgainsboroughblue

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 08:42 - Apr 3 by Steve_M

It was absolute fcking carnage in the North stand as it was that day.

It was but even more carnage had it happened up there as there was a pitch invasion wasn't there. Gunn was safer at the end he was. Also, the viewing on the footage would've looked a thousand times wilder.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 10:40 - Apr 3 with 1631 viewshammo56

Fantastic support although those in SBRL who decided to continue to call the lino a c**** after he didn’t flag for offside when Southampton scored their 1st might look a bit stupid now.
Who would want to be a match day official?
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 11:50 - Apr 3 with 1413 viewsVanSaParody

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 08:29 - Apr 3 by GeoffSentence

And he did give the Sir Alf a quick fisting on Monday.

Had to check you weren't Julian Clary
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 12:17 - Apr 3 with 1357 viewsBlue_In_Boston

The crowd only got going after we hit the post in the second half, very quiet for the majority of the first half when Southampton were bossing it. We need them behind us in top form creating that atmosphere for the whole 90+ minutes between now and the end of the season.
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 12:31 - Apr 3 with 1302 viewsbackwaywhen

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 10:25 - Apr 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Fortunately an absolute minority of fans in my experience, most likely the ones that disappeared when we were in league one (probably supporting Spurs or the like on TV for a few years).

It’s certainly not unique to Town, I’d say we are far more forgiving than some of the Neanderthals at West Ham for example. The absolute dogs abuse that Moyes gets despite a (somewhat pony) trophy and being 7th in the league.

How about the ones that were at Bristol Rovers that night , ripping into Morsy …..disgrace.
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 13:08 - Apr 3 with 1213 viewspennblue

There will always be anomalies, but I think there is a mix where the people who now know, they know! We are in this together, it works, there is a strong bond and trust between players and fans and that is how it is now.

If people turn up partly from the years gone past, they still think that Ipswich fans bemoaning the team is what you do.

It's not what we do any more, that never worked anyway.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 13:51 - Apr 3 with 1132 viewsTommy_ITFC

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 22:57 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

He actually did the fist pump at the churchman just before walking off didnt he? Saw it on town in 5
Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 15:06 - Apr 3 with 1024 viewsEdmundo

Seems very unlike Ipswich to say this out load on 10:40 - Apr 3 by hammo56

Fantastic support although those in SBRL who decided to continue to call the lino a c**** after he didn’t flag for offside when Southampton scored their 1st might look a bit stupid now.
Who would want to be a match day official?

TBF that lino was atrocious. A linesman is what they are, never assisted a ref (apart from that Wycombe match - I won't go there!)

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024