Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morgan Whittaker 09:44 - Apr 2 with 2049 viewsBlueandTruesince82

One we might go back in for (dividend dependent) if Plymouth go down?

Colin being linked as a 'firefighter', he's had little impact where he has pitched up recently

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Morgan Whittaker on 09:47 - Apr 2 with 2008 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I actually think we might go and get Kieffer.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Morgan Whittaker on 09:50 - Apr 2 with 1975 viewsSteve_M

Unlikely, the value probably isn't there now. He's still had a reasonable season at this level, even without hitting the heights of last season. Plymouth will be looking for £8-10m now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Morgan Whittaker on 09:52 - Apr 2 with 1962 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect we might, but depends on which league we’re in. I’m not fussed either way. He was good under Schumacher, but can blow very hot and cold if he’s not being kept happy. He’s not got the never say die attitude our players have, so I’m not sure he’d be a good fit. I’m influenced by his time down here where he was very poor - I imagine KM would be good for him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Morgan Whittaker on 09:54 - Apr 2 with 1911 viewsdavblue

Morgan Whittaker on 09:50 - Apr 2 by Steve_M

Unlikely, the value probably isn't there now. He's still had a reasonable season at this level, even without hitting the heights of last season. Plymouth will be looking for £8-10m now.

i would probably add 5 to 10 million to that price.8-10 Feels cheap in this day and age.
[Post edited 2 Apr 9:54]
Morgan Whittaker on 10:20 - Apr 2 with 1789 viewsArnieM

I think Whittaker has attracted a lot of interest from overseas..Didn't Plymouth reject an offer in Jan window ?

personally, Id like Szmodics here

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Morgan Whittaker on 12:00 - Apr 2 with 1620 viewswkj

Morgan Whittaker on 10:20 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

I think Whittaker has attracted a lot of interest from overseas..Didn't Plymouth reject an offer in Jan window ?

personally, Id like Szmodics here

Szmodics is a tidy player and someone I think would be an asset in the Championship, if we go up though? Unsure of that.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Morgan Whittaker on 12:03 - Apr 2 with 1608 viewsSteve_M

Morgan Whittaker on 09:54 - Apr 2 by davblue

i would probably add 5 to 10 million to that price.8-10 Feels cheap in this day and age.

Quite possibly, which just reinforces the point. Same goes for Szmodics now, the smart purchase was one move earlier.

Spending £10m+ on Hutchinson on the other hand could have a large potential upside, different level of potential there. Quite how willing, and at what point, Chelsea might want to sell is another matter.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Morgan Whittaker on 12:04 - Apr 2 with 1599 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Morgan Whittaker on 12:00 - Apr 2 by wkj

Szmodics is a tidy player and someone I think would be an asset in the Championship, if we go up though? Unsure of that.

Doesn't he famously hate us?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Morgan Whittaker on 12:05 - Apr 2 with 1592 viewswkj

Morgan Whittaker on 12:03 - Apr 2 by Steve_M

Quite possibly, which just reinforces the point. Same goes for Szmodics now, the smart purchase was one move earlier.

Spending £10m+ on Hutchinson on the other hand could have a large potential upside, different level of potential there. Quite how willing, and at what point, Chelsea might want to sell is another matter.

Chelsea will probably want to start thinking about regaining money somewhere as their financial plan is a gamble on hitting the Champions league to cover all the "payment-over-time" obligations they've racked up.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Morgan Whittaker on 12:09 - Apr 2 with 1564 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Morgan Whittaker on 09:50 - Apr 2 by Steve_M

What? He’s far surpassed the half a season he had last year. 19 goals and 7 assists in a struggling team is very impressive, and at one point looked like he might be headed to Serie A in January.

Out of our price range unless we go up, but much more potential and resale than Smodics given the age differential.
Morgan Whittaker on 12:36 - Apr 2 with 1469 viewsElderGrizzly

Morgan Whittaker on 12:04 - Apr 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Doesn't he famously hate us?

I think he isn't keen on anyone apart from his reflection
Morgan Whittaker on 15:56 - Apr 2 with 1111 viewsNutkins_Return

Morgan Whittaker on 09:47 - Apr 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

I actually think we might go and get Kieffer.

Completely agree. If a deal can be done. Hard to do though if in the champ. His wages and fee they will want. At his age £1 or 1.5 mil max. I imagine we will look again at Gallagher (potential bargain - free possibility) and Stansfield. If a deal to be done for Stansfield with his age profile would make a lot of sense.

If we go up who knows. Imagine Al Hamadi would be loaned to a champ club.
Morgan Whittaker on 15:58 - Apr 2 with 1104 viewsNutkins_Return

Would be quality addition. Think they will want a lot for him. Going to be gutting not having Hutch.

Got to say absolutely love Sarmiento. Hell of a player in there. What surprises me with him is just what a terrier he is out of possession. Would love him for another season.
Morgan Whittaker on 16:10 - Apr 2 with 1059 viewsjayessess

He might be on the "still in the Champ" list, but I doubt he's on the promotion list.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Morgan Whittaker on 16:19 - Apr 2 with 996 viewsElderGrizzly

Morgan Whittaker on 16:10 - Apr 2 by jayessess

He might be on the "still in the Champ" list, but I doubt he's on the promotion list.

He was linked with moves to Serie A in January, so I think he'd do for us as a left or right sided option of a 3 behind Hirst/A.N.Other

I'd imagine the price would put it out of our reach though for the experience he has.
Morgan Whittaker on 16:51 - Apr 2 with 922 viewstractorboy1978

Morgan Whittaker on 09:54 - Apr 2 by davblue

If Plymouth get relegated they aren't getting £15m-£20m for a player. I doubt they'd even get £10m. Would seriously weaken their hand.
Morgan Whittaker on 16:57 - Apr 2 with 899 viewsPhilTWTD

Morgan Whittaker on 12:03 - Apr 2 by Steve_M

£10m might get his right boot, but not much more than that! Think if he leaves Chelsea it will be a for a club much bigger than us. I know he said he wasn't ruling out coming back here a few weeks back, but the question asked was about returning on loan.
Morgan Whittaker on 18:03 - Apr 2 with 727 viewsFrimleyBlue

Morgan Whittaker on 16:57 - Apr 2 by PhilTWTD

£10m might get his right boot, but not much more than that! Think if he leaves Chelsea it will be a for a club much bigger than us. I know he said he wasn't ruling out coming back here a few weeks back, but the question asked was about returning on loan.

Well that's fine Phil

Another loan next season. We finish 4th. He signs for 50 mill and plays for us v Barcelona in the champions league.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024