Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England playing in dark grey shirts at home 20:39 - Mar 26 with 2226 viewsMark

Why are we not wearing white?! With Belgium playing in light blue, the teams are not recognisable. This is supposed to be a dementia awareness match, surely better to play in the familiar colours?!
England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 20:42 - Mar 26 with 2200 viewsredrickstuhaart

More likely selling the new shirt.

Amazing to choose a grey kit given the history of grey kits.

A bigger question is - is Dunk way short in quality, or was that an unusual abberation? He panicked because he was scared of Lukaku despite being to the ball first.
England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 20:43 - Mar 26 with 2195 viewsSitfcB

Marketing.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 20:47 - Mar 26 with 2170 viewsDubtractor

Same reason we wore a black kit in a home game last season.

Shirt sales = cashmoney

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 20:50 - Mar 26 with 2151 viewsMark

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 20:47 - Mar 26 by Dubtractor

Shirt sales = cashmoney

I am so glad Ipswich have not repeated that this season. We should always play in blue at Portman Road.

Going back to England, the colours of that tiny little flag on the back of the collar of the white England shirt caused uproar, with even the Prime Minister speaking about it. Yet, marketeers can change the whole colour of our kit and little is said?!
England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 20:57 - Mar 26 with 2065 viewsredrickstuhaart

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 20:50 - Mar 26 by Mark

I am so glad Ipswich have not repeated that this season. We should always play in blue at Portman Road.

Going back to England, the colours of that tiny little flag on the back of the collar of the white England shirt caused uproar, with even the Prime Minister speaking about it. Yet, marketeers can change the whole colour of our kit and little is said?!

Next question, does Toney's pace and movement offer us something Kane doesn't?
England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:01 - Mar 26 with 2034 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wait until you see what they’ve done to St George’s Cross! I can’t believe they’ve messed with the flag of Genoa and Bologna. The Italian Piers Morgan must be apoplectic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:11 - Mar 26 with 1947 viewsWacko

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 20:42 - Mar 26 by redrickstuhaart

More likely selling the new shirt.

Amazing to choose a grey kit given the history of grey kits.

A bigger question is - is Dunk way short in quality, or was that an unusual abberation? He panicked because he was scared of Lukaku despite being to the ball first.

It's not grey it's purple:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-away-kit-euro2024-belgium-3

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:43 - Mar 26 with 1630 viewsGarv

We looked sexy in that kit at home against Derby to be fair.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:43 - Mar 26 with 1629 viewsTheMover

Surprised the players names are not on the shirts, and the St George's cross seems to be missing
England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:54 - Mar 26 with 1562 viewsMK1

Like the shirts and liked the performance. So much better than the Brazil game, where we lacked the creativity to unlock them. That kid from Man Utd had a hell of a game. Very happy with that and fully deserved. As for the shirts, yeah, I like it.
England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:56 - Mar 26 with 1542 viewsSwansea_Blue

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:54 - Mar 26 by MK1

Like the shirts and liked the performance. So much better than the Brazil game, where we lacked the creativity to unlock them. That kid from Man Utd had a hell of a game. Very happy with that and fully deserved. As for the shirts, yeah, I like it.

It’s a nice away kit

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:57 - Mar 26 with 1537 viewsCaptainAhab

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:43 - Mar 26 by TheMover

Surprised the players names are not on the shirts, and the St George's cross seems to be missing

The players names were missing in the second half to raise awareness for dementia
England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 22:02 - Mar 26 with 1511 viewsSwansea_Blue

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:43 - Mar 26 by TheMover

The St George’s Cross isn’t really missing as such, as it’s not been on kits very often. Possibly 2006 was the last time it was visible? Although there was an away keeper kit in 2013 that must have caused some serious frothing of the mouth with the wrong colour cross - it wasn’t exactly subtle either.

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 22:47 - Mar 26 with 1388 viewsTheMover

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 21:57 - Mar 26 by CaptainAhab

The players names were missing in the second half to raise awareness for dementia

Didn't see the first half so didn't realise, thanks
England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 23:08 - Mar 26 with 1344 viewsLord_Lucan

We haven't squeezed the kids and skint parents enough yet baby!

Hopefully one day it will crash on their fecking heads.

You declared you would be three inches taller
You only became what we made you
Thought you were chasing a destiny calling
You only earned what we gave you

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 09:12 - Mar 27 with 966 viewsRadlett_blue

Town should also play in blue shirts when away from home, unless there is a colour clash.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 09:44 - Mar 27 with 905 viewsLankHenners

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 20:47 - Mar 26 by Dubtractor

Shirt sales = cashmoney

Seemed like a minority opinion but I was in the 'that's not really on' camp for that. Obviously the commercial arm of the club doing well helps the overall finances but have to say I'm not keen on the growing trend of supporters being treated like customers more than fans.

Was mentioned in another thread that stuff like memberships, STs etc. get more expensive but you get less bang for your buck. Alright though because Mark Ashton spins it as 'fans delivering when called upon' and people feel pleased with themselves and forget it seems a bit mad to have lines of merch where a fairly basic jacket costs £60.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 10:58 - Mar 27 with 813 viewsDubtractor

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 09:44 - Mar 27 by LankHenners

Seemed like a minority opinion but I was in the 'that's not really on' camp for that. Obviously the commercial arm of the club doing well helps the overall finances but have to say I'm not keen on the growing trend of supporters being treated like customers more than fans.

Was mentioned in another thread that stuff like memberships, STs etc. get more expensive but you get less bang for your buck. Alright though because Mark Ashton spins it as 'fans delivering when called upon' and people feel pleased with themselves and forget it seems a bit mad to have lines of merch where a fairly basic jacket costs £60.

Yeah, can't really disguise the fact that fans are now customers.

For the most part I'm relatively at ease with it, as no one is forcing people to spend their money, but having the 3rd kit does feel like it crosses a line a little bit.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 13:04 - Mar 27 with 700 viewsRadlett_blue

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 09:44 - Mar 27 by LankHenners

It's balls. The extra amount made from entering into contracts that involve wearing 2nd or 3rd choice kits a certain number of times will be miniscule in the context of a club's annual finances. Protecting and preserving a club's identity by wearing its traditional kit wherever possible is intangible, but in my opinion of a far greater value.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 19:12 - Mar 27 with 560 viewsMark

England playing in dark grey shirts at home on 13:04 - Mar 27 by Radlett_blue

It's balls. The extra amount made from entering into contracts that involve wearing 2nd or 3rd choice kits a certain number of times will be miniscule in the context of a club's annual finances. Protecting and preserving a club's identity by wearing its traditional kit wherever possible is intangible, but in my opinion of a far greater value.

I agree, and wonder if it will be detrimental to football overall in the long run if teams continue to weaken their identities by wearing second and third kits when they could wear home colours.

Imagine if we got promoted and Liverpool came to Portman Road wearing a third kit rather than red, it would deminish the occasion a bit for me.

I would have thought TV companies would want clubs to be instantly recognisable rather than viewers needing to work out which team is which. It makes me think back to that international match a couple of years ago where England Women wore orange and the Netherlands wore white.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024