Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So this Leicester problem 14:15 - Mar 26 with 5065 viewsCoastalblue

the more I reads the more the experts all seem to feel that they will end up with a points deduction, and that is will almost certainly be next season.

Now that may mean that it probably doesn't affect us, though perhaps it should if they are not playing within the rules and gaining an unfair advantage, on top of the massive advantage relegated clubs already have in the Championship. Not much to dissuade other clubs from doing much the same, ignore the rules and if you go back up then well tough titty because we're not playing under you any more.

I would feel a little agrieved were that to end up being the case.

The Premier League one though I can't help feeling very different about, although I realise it seems to being pitched into one big case at the moment.

I have sympathy for Leicester in this case, and other clubs, it appears as though those Premier League rules are very much set up to keep the likes of Leicester, and potentially us one day, from upsetting the apple cart where the big clubs are concerned.

You can come and play in our playground with us, have some fun, but don't get ahead of yourself and know your place. Forget it, and get slapped back down, yes by all means catch lightning in a bottle for a season but don't even think about doing that longer term.

It does very much feel like the PSR in the Prem, which on the face of it should be a good thing is actually just another method of keeping the status quo.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

So this Leicester problem on 21:46 - Mar 26 with 4221 viewsWestSussexBlue

I agree in as much as they have without doubt an unfair advantage this season. Ourselves, along with 22 other clubs are competing against a club that has broken the rules.
A points deduction next season is too late.
So this Leicester problem on 21:52 - Mar 26 with 4148 viewsSwansea_Blue

FFP/PSR is very much aimed at keeping the smaller teams in check. Not that I especially like the idea, but it stops teams doing what the likes of Chelsea or Man C did with a sugar daddy. Seems like a case of pulling up the ladder after themselves. Although clubs seem to be getting increasingly creative to exploit loopholes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So this Leicester problem on 21:53 - Mar 26 with 4139 viewsTractorboy24

Am I right in thinking that Leicester have had financial controversy over their last 2 promotions from this league? Last one they were on the brink of being barred from playing in the EFL due to the dispute only to stay up, win the prem and paid a fine off instead because the EFL gave up. Time before that, didn’t they go in to admin just as a take over was happening so all creditors were paid pence in the pound, and romped the league, that case prompted the 10 point deduction for going in to administration.

Not sure it really matters but just seems to be they have scant regard to financial rules and seem to get away with it time & again.
So this Leicester problem on 00:29 - Mar 27 with 3668 viewsArnieM

Very true….. and whereas we sank into oblivion for two decades. I hope we catch them this season and they end up in the play offs.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So this Leicester problem on 00:32 - Mar 27 with 3666 viewsSenatorBlue

Isn’t this part of the Forrest defence? That if they face a points deduction “in season” everyone should inclusive of Leicester. Which is the dilemma for the authorities. Unless Leicester are doct point this season, it strengthens both Everton’s and Forests claims. What a mess!
So this Leicester problem on 08:05 - Mar 27 with 3077 viewsITFC_Forever

So this Leicester problem on 00:32 - Mar 27 by SenatorBlue

Isn’t this part of the Forrest defence? That if they face a points deduction “in season” everyone should inclusive of Leicester. Which is the dilemma for the authorities. Unless Leicester are doct point this season, it strengthens both Everton’s and Forests claims. What a mess!

Leicester aren't playing in the Prem, so what happens to them is irrelevant to Everton and Forest.

The Prem can't deduct Leicester points as the Foxes aren't playing in their league. The Football League can, but their investigation is a different one and running to a different timeframe.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So this Leicester problem on 08:11 - Mar 27 with 3058 viewsSchancheITFC

I’ve been reading their forum last week or so. Among the fans their is know appetite really to get promoted with what’s to come next season if they do.
So this Leicester problem on 08:21 - Mar 27 with 3021 viewspennblue

If Leicester go up whilst breaking the rules it is an outrage. If we could have just gone and broken the rules too it would be fine but you either have rules and apply them or you don’t

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

So this Leicester problem on 08:24 - Mar 27 with 3005 viewspennblue

You can contact the EFL and complain. I would suggest the more pressure that gets applied to them the more they will be forced to act

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

So this Leicester problem on 08:34 - Mar 27 with 2956 viewsDennyx4

So this Leicester problem on 08:05 - Mar 27 by ITFC_Forever

Leicester aren't playing in the Prem, so what happens to them is irrelevant to Everton and Forest.

The Prem can't deduct Leicester points as the Foxes aren't playing in their league. The Football League can, but their investigation is a different one and running to a different timeframe.

I understand what you are saying, and indeed makes no difference to Forests position in the table, however Forests appeal would be on the basis that all teams should be treated the same, meaning their points deduction should be next season.
So this Leicester problem on 08:46 - Mar 27 with 2893 viewsITFC_Forever

So this Leicester problem on 08:34 - Mar 27 by Dennyx4

I understand what you are saying, and indeed makes no difference to Forests position in the table, however Forests appeal would be on the basis that all teams should be treated the same, meaning their points deduction should be next season.

What the Football League does is not within the control of the Prem, so it's not much of a defence.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So this Leicester problem on 09:02 - Mar 27 with 2801 viewstonybied

So this Leicester problem on 08:46 - Mar 27 by ITFC_Forever

What the Football League does is not within the control of the Prem, so it's not much of a defence.

This is exactly why an independent regulator is required. They are needed to set the rules and then apply them, regardless of which league the culprits are in. The current system just doesn't work does it?
So this Leicester problem on 09:08 - Mar 27 with 2775 viewsElderGrizzly

So this Leicester problem on 08:05 - Mar 27 by ITFC_Forever

I think the new independent regulator the PL are pushing back against is going to have the power for real-time analysis of finances and much swifter punishments within a season.

Too late for us of course, but might stop a few more Leicester type situations chancing their arm and gaining an unfair advantage.
So this Leicester problem on 11:01 - Mar 27 with 2545 viewsElephantintheRoom

Although, to be fair, they only got relegated because Everton a Forest ( and almost certainly several other clubs yet to be outed) broke the rules last season.

The franchise might not escape close scrutiny either. Just because they say they are scraping within the rules doesn’t necessarily mean they are.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So this Leicester problem on 11:04 - Mar 27 with 2525 viewsportmanking

So this Leicester problem on 11:01 - Mar 27 by ElephantintheRoom

Although, to be fair, they only got relegated because Everton a Forest ( and almost certainly several other clubs yet to be outed) broke the rules last season.

The franchise might not escape close scrutiny either. Just because they say they are scraping within the rules doesn’t necessarily mean they are.

Circa £20m of headroom isn't scraping within the rules is it, Budgie? FOYSC.
So this Leicester problem on 11:47 - Mar 27 with 2329 viewsCoastalblue

I think you've said that, actually the club and accounts say differently.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

So this Leicester problem on 12:41 - Mar 27 with 2126 viewsPinewoodblue

Leicester broke the rules and still failed to avoid relegation

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So this Leicester problem on 12:54 - Mar 27 with 2051 viewsVegtablue

I've read sounder defences in my lifetime Elephant. Leicester were only relegated because Everton and Forest committed the same offence as they did in the same season? Everton would need to have lost 2 more points for Leicester to have survived last year, assuming their respective deductions would have had no impact on results recorded afterwards. Forest would need to have lost 4 more points, which renders them safe given their punishment was only 4. Other clubs, currently uncharged, finished 5+ points clear of rule-breaking Leicester. In no reasonable or realistic scenario would punishment have been metered out on those two in 22/23 and not Leicester also.
So this Leicester problem on 13:05 - Mar 27 with 1972 viewsVegtablue

So this Leicester problem on 00:32 - Mar 27 by SenatorBlue

This feels as good a season as any to face a points deduction if you're fighting near the bottom, so I'm surprised they're seeking to delay punishment. Luton are on course for 27/28 points, while Burnley and Sheff Utd have already dropped. It's a far cry from the magical 40 of old or the 33-36 of more recent years.
So this Leicester problem on 13:08 - Mar 27 with 1951 viewsChurchman

So are you saying the accounts published are a lie? You must be because they clearly show we are not ‘scraping within the rules’.

Fraudulent accounts are a very serious matter. Please could you provide your evidence.
So this Leicester problem on 13:12 - Mar 27 with 1942 viewsElderGrizzly

So this Leicester problem on 13:08 - Mar 27 by Churchman

So are you saying the accounts published are a lie? You must be because they clearly show we are not ‘scraping within the rules’.

Fraudulent accounts are a very serious matter. Please could you provide your evidence.

This sort of evidence is probably familiar to him

So this Leicester problem on 15:46 - Mar 27 with 1627 viewsbaxterbasics

The irony of it all is - correct me if I am wrong here - wasn't it Leicester going bust a few years back that prompted all these rules about FFP and such?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

So this Leicester problem on 16:06 - Mar 27 with 1535 viewstonybied

So this Leicester problem on 15:46 - Mar 27 by baxterbasics

The irony of it all is - correct me if I am wrong here - wasn't it Leicester going bust a few years back that prompted all these rules about FFP and such?

I think it was Bury that prompted ffp. Leicester prompted the 10 point deduction for entering administration.
So this Leicester problem on 21:28 - Mar 27 with 1089 viewsMullet

It should be obvious, immediate and vicious punishments for all cheating. If they go bust, so be it. They never cared when it was smaller and unfashionable clubs in the pyramid.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024