Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The old Russians don’t mess about 08:32 - Mar 25 with 5597 viewstextbackup

Seen the state of them 4 terrorists…

The phrase ‘fck about and find out’ seems pretty appropriate

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The old Russians don’t mess about on 08:40 - Mar 25 with 4220 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve no sympathy for terrorists but torture by grieving electric shocks to their genitals or cutting off an ear and forcing them to eat it is going to give what ever confession the Russians want. Which is probably to say that they were directed by Ukraine.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The old Russians don’t mess about on 08:44 - Mar 25 with 4200 viewstextbackup

The old Russians don’t mess about on 08:40 - Mar 25 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve no sympathy for terrorists but torture by grieving electric shocks to their genitals or cutting off an ear and forcing them to eat it is going to give what ever confession the Russians want. Which is probably to say that they were directed by Ukraine.

Yeah you’d imagine the second those instruments came out they told them whatever they wanted to h-ear…

They must be mental in the first place to carry the acts out in russia!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The old Russians don’t mess about on 08:53 - Mar 25 with 4158 viewsSteve_M

Well, they did mess about when the US warned them about potential attacks. Too busy arresting pensioners, students and gay people.

Vengeance after the event, like the absurd blaming if Ukraine is far easier.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The old Russians don’t mess about on 08:53 - Mar 25 with 4147 viewsChurchman

Is it though? Torture if done properly and carefully does work. Usually it’s a case of when, not if, you get to the truth.

If all the Russians want is a few patsys to take the blame and say the words their captors want regardless of the truth, then you are of course correct.
The old Russians don’t mess about on 08:54 - Mar 25 with 4147 viewsWhos_blue

There'll be many who say they got what they deserved and I understand that, but the torture they have been subject to is barbaric. I understand there is even footage of the bloke being force fed his own ear.
The shooting is an atrocity, but the torture feels little better to me.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:05 - Mar 25 with 4061 viewsRobTheMonk

The old Russians don’t mess about on 08:54 - Mar 25 by Whos_blue

There'll be many who say they got what they deserved and I understand that, but the torture they have been subject to is barbaric. I understand there is even footage of the bloke being force fed his own ear.

Eye for an eye makes the world go blind.
The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:19 - Mar 25 with 4021 viewsCheltenham_Blue

There's something screwy about it all.

ISIS terrorists don't normally allow themselves to be captured as easily as that, they normally go out by blowing themselves up or in a shootout. I'm not sure I'd be too quick to assume all is as we are being shown here.

Putin blaming this on Ukraine, despite ISIS repeatedly claiming responsibility. I've guessing this lot won't say much at their 'trial'.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:22 - Mar 25 with 3981 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't like torture in any case but they must have known if they got caught it was going to be a very uncomfortable experience.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:30 - Mar 25 with 3927 viewsSteve_M

The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:19 - Mar 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

ISIS terrorists don't normally allow themselves to be captured as easily as that, they normally go out by blowing themselves up or in a shootout. I'm not sure I'd be too quick to assume all is as we are being shown here.

Putin blaming this on Ukraine, despite ISIS repeatedly claiming responsibility. I've guessing this lot won't say much at their 'trial'.

"ISIS terrorists don't normally allow themselves to be captured as easily as that, they normally go out by blowing themselves up or in a shootout. I'm not sure I'd be too quick to assume all is as we are being shown here."

It does seem that the response of the security forces to the actual attack was so inept that they were able to escape whereas they would presumably not have been expecting that.

The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:36 - Mar 25 with 3864 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Clearly the West had some good intelligence on this, and going public with it makes it harder for Putin to blame Ukraine (albeit he has anyway, but it does ruin his credibility).

I don’t think there’s much more to this than he ignored the warnings, as he is callous and calculated. Letting such an attack(on Russian citizens) go ahead gives an external threat to rally against (and possibly make it easier to justify further conscription).
The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:56 - Mar 25 with 3771 viewsZapers

The old Russians don’t mess about on 08:53 - Mar 25 by Churchman

Is it though? Torture if done properly and carefully does work. Usually it’s a case of when, not if, you get to the truth.

If all the Russians want is a few patsys to take the blame and say the words their captors want regardless of the truth, then you are of course correct.

They didn't need to torture them, Putin is not interested in the "truth"

My sympathy lies with the poor Ukrainians who will no doubt suffer more now because Putin has revealed the "truth"

The torture was just for The Russian public propaganda.
The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:58 - Mar 25 with 3760 viewsblueislander

The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:36 - Mar 25 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Clearly the West had some good intelligence on this, and going public with it makes it harder for Putin to blame Ukraine (albeit he has anyway, but it does ruin his credibility).

I don’t think there’s much more to this than he ignored the warnings, as he is callous and calculated. Letting such an attack(on Russian citizens) go ahead gives an external threat to rally against (and possibly make it easier to justify further conscription).

Does Putin have any credibility to ruin outside of Russia? It has worked well for him. At the cost of 100+ lives he has reenforced his argument for escalating the war with Ukraine. The really unfortunate this is that the vast majority of Russians will be taken in
The old Russians don’t mess about on 10:24 - Mar 25 with 3623 viewsGuthrum

There is very little evidence that torture does work in getting to the truth. People in pain say whatever they think those inflicting it want to hear. Anything to make it stop.

To quote US General Mattis: "I've always found, give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I do better with that than I do with torture."

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The old Russians don’t mess about on 10:38 - Mar 25 with 3527 viewsSarge

There’s a certain irony of the Russians getting so upset about some terrorists when they’ve sent hundreds of thousands of their own across the border in the last 2 years.

ISIS members deserve no quarter, and I’ve no issues with what the Russians want to do with them. Clearly the four of them have the combined IQ of a sponge but they seemed to have no problems gunning down a load of civilians. Makes me wonder if maybe they’ll be given a commission into the Russian army, they’re already more than qualified.
The old Russians don’t mess about on 10:41 - Mar 25 with 3520 viewsWeWereZombies

I would dispute your claim of torture working having recently read 'A Pacifist At War' by Ray Jenkins, a biography of Francis Cammaerts (SOE operative with overall responsibility for contact with French Resistance in South East France from 1943 to 1945.) Vert few Resistance fighters who were captured broke under SS torture, one of the reasons why Resistance operations continued was down to how few names the Nazis could get out of their prisoners, who were generally subjected to torture over a much longer period than the four in the Moscow court.

Edit: Added 'in South East France' because I went and forgot to put it in first time around.
[Post edited 25 Mar 11:09]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The old Russians don’t mess about on 11:05 - Mar 25 with 3409 viewsbluejacko

This is a good watch and raises some interesting questions.

[Post edited 25 Mar 11:05]
The old Russians don’t mess about on 11:43 - Mar 25 with 3263 viewsChurchman

The old Russians don’t mess about on 09:56 - Mar 25 by Zapers

They didn't need to torture them, Putin is not interested in the "truth"

My sympathy lies with the poor Ukrainians who will no doubt suffer more now because Putin has revealed the "truth"

The torture was just for The Russian public propaganda.

Agree entirely.
The old Russians don’t mess about on 12:04 - Mar 25 with 3172 viewsHelp

Are they really the 4?. Or just 4 that will do for show?.
The old Russians don’t mess about on 12:12 - Mar 25 with 3126 viewsJ2BLUE

The old Russians don’t mess about on 12:04 - Mar 25 by Help

I wondered this as well...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The old Russians don’t mess about on 13:03 - Mar 25 with 2982 viewsSteve_M

The old Russians don’t mess about on 12:04 - Mar 25 by Help

There is a propaganda video put out on ISIS channels which looks to feature the same individuals, blurred faces but clothing matches etc.

If I can find it again I'll post the comparison here (which is just that rather than a snuff video).

The old Russians don’t mess about on 13:19 - Mar 25 with 2871 viewsElderGrizzly

The old Russians don’t mess about on 13:03 - Mar 25 by Steve_M

There is a propaganda video put out on ISIS channels which looks to feature the same individuals, blurred faces but clothing matches etc.

If I can find it again I'll post the comparison here (which is just that rather than a snuff video).

Randomly it’s Andy Roddick, but he makes the point rather well against the US commentators doing Putin’s work for him

The old Russians don’t mess about on 13:30 - Mar 25 with 2812 viewsLord_Lucan

I agree

Wouldn't surprise me if the perpetrators shot themselves and the Russians picked out 4 brownish people at random (possibly from one of their own prisons) and said it was them.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The old Russians don’t mess about on 14:08 - Mar 25 with 2655 viewsChurchman

The old Russians don’t mess about on 10:24 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

There is very little evidence that torture does work in getting to the truth. People in pain say whatever they think those inflicting it want to hear. Anything to make it stop.

To quote US General Mattis: "I've always found, give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I do better with that than I do with torture."

I think it depends on how it’s conducted, assuming you’ve got past the moral repugnance of the very idea. An interesting article on it:

https://politicalviolenceataglance.org/2022/03/28/stop-trying-to-convince-americ

Guy Fawkes of course spilled the beans after a little spell on the rack. The conspirators named were all guilty and convicted - or were they?? It is rumoured he was first confined in a room in The Tower called ‘little ease’ which was just under 4 feet in size. No sleep, no sitting down, no standing, dark, no sound, pretty airless, absolute agony. 17c softening up I suppose. This form of torture was commonly used across Europe though the Tower version is just a rumour..

Richard 1st would strap Saladin’s lot down with their feet over a brazier and slowly roast them off. Allegedly quite effective in two ways - information and also returning the victim back to his friends disabled with a bag of bones round his neck. Ahh, the Crusades. All in the name of god I suppose. Saladin of course had his own trusty methods.

Of course, the much cleverer way of getting information is the exact opposite. Senior WW2 German officers were housed in posh mansions, fed, watered looked after, treated above and beyond. In the ease of comfort and with their own comrades and a drop or two of wine, they talked with each other about anything and everything in time. They didn’t realise everywhere was bugged. Doh!

Find your enemy’s weakness.
The old Russians don’t mess about on 16:52 - Mar 25 with 2326 viewsSteve_M

The old Russians don’t mess about on 13:03 - Mar 25 by Steve_M

it's here:

The old Russians don’t mess about on 17:07 - Mar 25 with 2264 viewsArmaghBlue

Imagine the frenzy and outcrying that would occur if the British did that to people!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024