Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The importance of a good number two… 07:07 - Mar 24 with 2516 viewsibbleobble

In recent history it’s been easy to point the finger at notable gaps with failing managers who haven’t been able to replicate their past glory.

Under Lambert, Culverhouse was cited as being the missing link, the brain behind Lambert’s success. Under Cook, many pointed to the absence of Richardson as a clear sign and rationale for us stuttering and misfiring. And what of the others in recent history? Doig, Hutchings, Connor, the bloke who followed Keane around whose name I can’t remember?

KM gets all the praise for our success and deserves to bask in the glory but what of Pert? How significant is he behind the scenes? What’s the word from inside the club, does anyone know? Whenever him and KM huddle around the iPad or whenever we’re trailing at half-time, we regroup and turn games around, which gives me confidence he’s a valuable asset and his input is a key part of the success especially given his interesting background in Europe and Latin America.

Thoughts?
The importance of a good number two… on 07:22 - Mar 24 with 2440 viewsDubtractor

Its very clear that they work as a team isn't it? When (if?) McKenna makes a step on from us, I'll be amazed if Pert doesn't go with him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The importance of a good number two… on 07:44 - Mar 24 with 2368 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yes, you're quite right. The answer is to eat plenty of fibre and leave the skins on your fruit and veg where possible.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The importance of a good number two… on 08:52 - Mar 24 with 2263 viewsBasuco

Add Rene Gilmartin, Lee Grant and Charlie Turnbull to that list as well, I suspect Charlie's team to have a very significant impact as well.
The importance of a good number two… on 08:59 - Mar 24 with 2228 viewsKeno

its the best way to start the day

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The importance of a good number two… on 09:09 - Mar 24 with 2207 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The importance of a good number two… on 07:44 - Mar 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yes, you're quite right. The answer is to eat plenty of fibre and leave the skins on your fruit and veg where possible.

I find a substantial amount of coffee also does the 'job'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The importance of a good number two… on 09:10 - Mar 24 with 2204 viewsEdwardStone

The importance of a good number two… on 08:59 - Mar 24 by Keno

its the best way to start the day

I prefer to get out of bed first.....

But hey, you do you

The importance of a good number two… on 09:19 - Mar 24 with 2162 viewsibbleobble

The importance of a good number two… on 09:09 - Mar 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

I find a substantial amount of coffee also does the 'job'

I see the click bait subject line worked.
The importance of a good number two… on 09:19 - Mar 24 with 2156 viewsKeno

The importance of a good number two… on 09:10 - Mar 24 by EdwardStone

I prefer to get out of bed first.....

But hey, you do you

good point, well made

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

The importance of a good number two… on 19:57 - Mar 24 with 1807 viewsChurchman

Sweet corn.

Half a can of that and the following morning and you can shot blast a classic car.
The importance of a good number two… on 21:19 - Mar 24 with 1679 viewsJ2BLUE

Definitely on vegetables like potatoes

*runs away*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The importance of a good number two… on 10:45 - Mar 25 with 1411 viewstextbackup

The importance of a good number two… on 21:19 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

*runs away*

I’ve started putting the potato peels in the air fryer… bit of oil and salt and pepper… enjoy hot or cold

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The importance of a good number two… on 11:50 - Mar 25 with 1338 viewsVanSaParody

When I read the title of this post, I thought the poster was Scott Candage
The importance of a good number two… on 12:02 - Mar 25 with 1312 viewsHelp

Yes. Like on the field it is partnerships. Team work. All pulling/pushing in the same direction. Teamwork makes the dream work.
The importance of a good number two… on 18:18 - Mar 25 with 1107 viewsMK1

I would argue that a good No.2 is always better than a good No.1.
The importance of a good number two… on 19:03 - Mar 25 with 1068 viewsJimmyJazz

The importance of a good number two… on 18:18 - Mar 25 by MK1

I would argue that a good No.2 is always better than a good No.1.

Sometimes they come together

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

The importance of a good number two… on 20:02 - Mar 25 with 998 viewsRyorry

The importance of a good number two… on 21:19 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

*runs away*

Hate to re-stir old wars, but according to the guy in the article below (who basically says 30 different plant foods per week are more important than 5 a day), spuds *do* count as veggies!

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/why-eat-30-plant-foods-a-week

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nods (n/t) on 20:03 - Mar 25 with 989 viewsScottCandage

The importance of a good number two… on 20:12 - Mar 25 with 964 viewsRyorry

Peas, esp if mushy or as a soup, are particularly effective I find - no need to keep laxatives in your bathroom cabinet if you have a pack of peas in your freezer ...

On a serious note, be careful to keep potato peelings, esp if raw, away from dogs. Ditto leeks, onions, garlic, chives, raw mushrooms, grapes, raisins & figs - all toxic to dogs.

The importance of a good number two… on 21:13 - Mar 25 with 877 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The importance of a good number two… on 20:02 - Mar 25 by Ryorry

Hate to re-stir old wars, but according to the guy in the article below (who basically says 30 different plant foods per week are more important than 5 a day), spuds *do* count as veggies!

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/why-eat-30-plant-foods-a-week

No. He says they're a plant food, he doesn't say they're a veggie.

The importance of a good number two… on 22:17 - Mar 25 with 834 viewsRyorry

The importance of a good number two… on 21:13 - Mar 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

No. He says they're a plant food, he doesn't say they're a veggie.

Yeah, I phrased it wrong.

What I meant was that if you're going by his 30 different plant-stuffs a week system, rather than the 5-a-day fruit/veg system, spuds count, as they're obv derived from plants.

The importance of a good number two… on 00:16 - Mar 26 with 772 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The importance of a good number two… on 22:17 - Mar 25 by Ryorry

Yeah, I phrased it wrong.

What I meant was that if you're going by his 30 different plant-stuffs a week system, rather than the 5-a-day fruit/veg system, spuds count, as they're obv derived from plants.

Yeah, I can read.

I'm sure chrysanthemum's count as well, given they're a plant, but they're not veggies either.

The importance of a good number two… on 05:25 - Mar 26 with 696 viewsRyorry

The importance of a good number two… on 00:16 - Mar 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah, I can read.

I'm sure chrysanthemum's count as well, given they're a plant, but they're not veggies either.

I apologised for my poor phrasing. It was then very obvious what I meant. No need for an argument.

The importance of a good number two… on 09:32 - Mar 26 with 560 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The importance of a good number two… on 05:25 - Mar 26 by Ryorry

I apologised for my poor phrasing. It was then very obvious what I meant. No need for an argument.

Erm, not sure "yeah I phrased it wrong" is an apology.

In any event, you didn't just "phrase" is wrong. You got it wrong. Despite saying "Hate to re-stir old wars" you were clearly referencing an old argument and thinking you'd found some evidence that disproves it. Either you didn't read the article properly, or you were hoping no-one else would read it properly. Just hold your hands up!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024