Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex Town players today 20:23 - Mar 23 with 2298 viewsSchancheITFC

I saw three on show at Braintree. Big Frank Nouble (scored near post header from a corner) for Yeovil. . Freddie Sears and Reggie Lambe for Braintree.
Ex Town players today on 20:25 - Mar 23 with 2263 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is lambe about 40 now. He seems to have been around for years.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ex Town players today on 20:26 - Mar 23 with 2250 viewsSitfcB

Ex Town players today on 20:25 - Mar 23 by FrimleyBlue

Still only 33

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ex Town players today on 20:33 - Mar 23 with 2199 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ex Town players today on 20:26 - Mar 23 by SitfcB

Still only 33

Blimey.

Waka waka eh eh

Minty Lambe. (n/t) on 20:34 - Mar 23 with 2195 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Ex Town players today on 20:41 - Mar 23 with 2170 viewsMiaow

I wore my new orange ITFC away shirt to show my support for the home team... Good to see a few kids in Ipswich hats today, although there was also one delinquent in a Norwich hat and jacket. And I picked up an old “Ipswich Super Blues” Coffer scarf in the little supporters’ club shop as well as a Braintree Town pin badge — they have a number of old ITFC programmes in there if anybody is interested.

Freddie Sears didn’t exactly set the game alight, and Braintree seem to need a little bit of shooting practice, but it was nice to take in a local non-League match as one of almost 2,000 in attendance. And the burger was pretty decent. It must have been a good day in terms of takings for Braintree.

Slightly randomly, I spotted Martin Allen walking to take his seat in the main stand before the game. No idea what he’s doing nowadays.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Ex Town players today on 20:50 - Mar 23 with 2104 viewsSchancheITFC

Ex Town players today on 20:41 - Mar 23 by Miaow

I wore my new orange ITFC away shirt to show my support for the home team... Good to see a few kids in Ipswich hats today, although there was also one delinquent in a Norwich hat and jacket. And I picked up an old “Ipswich Super Blues” Coffer scarf in the little supporters’ club shop as well as a Braintree Town pin badge — they have a number of old ITFC programmes in there if anybody is interested.

Freddie Sears didn’t exactly set the game alight, and Braintree seem to need a little bit of shooting practice, but it was nice to take in a local non-League match as one of almost 2,000 in attendance. And the burger was pretty decent. It must have been a good day in terms of takings for Braintree.

Slightly randomly, I spotted Martin Allen walking to take his seat in the main stand before the game. No idea what he’s doing nowadays.

I did spot you in the bar
Ex Town players today on 20:50 - Mar 23 with 2107 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ex Town players today on 20:26 - Mar 23 by SitfcB

Still only 33

Frank Nouble (32) is only 11 months older than Kieffer (31). Awful fraud of a donkey of a player - one of the most overrated of our wilderness years.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ex Town players today on 20:51 - Mar 23 with 2086 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ex Town players today on 20:50 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

Frank Nouble (32) is only 11 months older than Kieffer (31). Awful fraud of a donkey of a player - one of the most overrated of our wilderness years.

Overated? Did anyone at all rate him?

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Ex Town players today on 20:52 - Mar 23 with 2084 viewsSitfcB

Harsh!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ex Town players today on 20:56 - Mar 23 with 2054 viewsLankHenners

He's not remotely close to the bottom of the barrel when it comes to rubbish players we had during the banter era.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ex Town players today on 21:24 - Mar 23 with 1950 views_clive_baker_

Ex Town players today on 20:25 - Mar 23 by FrimleyBlue

Yeah he’s known as Reggie Sheep now
Ex Town players today on 21:33 - Mar 23 with 1909 viewsPhilTWTD

Ex Town players today on 20:51 - Mar 23 by FrimleyBlue

Didier Drogba did as he got him qualified to play for Cote D'Ivoire!
Ex Town players today on 21:34 - Mar 23 with 1896 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ex Town players today on 21:33 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

Didier Drogba did as he got him qualified to play for Cote D'Ivoire!

I stand corrected

Waka waka eh eh

Ex Town players today on 22:15 - Mar 23 with 1794 viewshoppy

What sort of attendance do Braintree usually get? Were there noticeably any more with it being non-league day?
We would’ve hoped for a bigger crowd for Ipswich Wanderers than the 254 we had today, but was always going to be a tough ask with the women’s game on at Portman Road probably having a massive impact. It was still a good day tho, with a home 2-1 win after coming from behind.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Ex Town players today on 23:07 - Mar 23 with 1638 viewsMiaow

Ex Town players today on 22:15 - Mar 23 by hoppy

What sort of attendance do Braintree usually get? Were there noticeably any more with it being non-league day?
We would’ve hoped for a bigger crowd for Ipswich Wanderers than the 254 we had today, but was always going to be a tough ask with the women’s game on at Portman Road probably having a massive impact. It was still a good day tho, with a home 2-1 win after coming from behind.

Looking at their website, Braintree’s home league gates this season are as follows:
1,527 (vs Chelmsford on Boxing Day)
and then I think it was 1,985 today.

Despite having lived in or near to Braintree for all my life, today was only my second time at a Braintree Town match but I would definitely say that the international break/Non-League Day, coupled with what seemed like a decent following from Yeovil (I think it might have been their first visit there), meant that there was a bumper crowd.

I had a glance at the BBC report from when they almost beat Paul Hurst’s Grimsby to get to Wembley for a place in the Football League in 2015 and it says that the attendance for that match was 3,102, the biggest at Cressing Road since 1952. That Grimsby team featured Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan. I still find it amazing that a club as small as Braintree finished 3rd in the Conference. That was under the Cowleys.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Ex Town players today on 08:52 - Mar 24 with 1298 viewsSchancheITFC

Ex Town players today on 22:15 - Mar 23 by hoppy

Nearly 2000 yesterday. Yeovil did bring quite a few
Ex Town players today on 08:58 - Mar 24 with 1282 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This should help.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/martin-allen-6a668225

The length of time he was in most of those jobs makes me wonder why he became so well known as a manager.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ex Town players today on 09:29 - Mar 24 with 1242 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Ex Town players today on 08:58 - Mar 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

This should help.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/martin-allen-6a668225

The length of time he was in most of those jobs makes me wonder why he became so well known as a manager.

Coz he's mad dog. Created quite the legend hasn't he

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Ex Town players today on 15:53 - Mar 24 with 949 viewsronnyd

Ex Town players today on 21:24 - Mar 23 by _clive_baker_

Yeah he’s known as Reggie Sheep now

More Reggie Mutton.
Ex Town players today on 16:37 - Mar 24 with 886 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ex Town players today on 20:51 - Mar 23 by FrimleyBlue

Yep, plenty of people on here kept hanging on waiting for him to do something. “Fraud” is probably unfair, as he was a trier. He was a donkey though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ex Town players today on 21:32 - Mar 24 with 742 viewsblueprint

I was also there with my fellow Town supporting mate. We spotted Martin Allen also. The queue for the bar was crazy and meant I probably only saw 30 minutes of the game. Enjoyable afternoon out though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024