Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty 22:54 - Mar 22 with 1889 viewsAdrianPazDidUseDAZ

1/2 Glass Empty- I couldn’t go past the first 2 minutes of the interview without expressing some concerns in their body language (I’m not an expert) that perhaps I am are overthinking?!?

1. Mark Schwartz looked particularly uncomfortable playing with his hands a lot.

2. Mark Ashton turned for approval a number of times in non Mark Ashton style as if he wasn’t entirely comfortable with the situation.

Any one else notice this?

As the interview goes on they both get in a rhythm and all seems business as usual.

1/2 Glass full-Great investment for the club and I trust those in charge.

The critic in me worries that there is whitewashing going on with the need of such announcement, the fan says bring it on the Town are going places!!!

My fence is big but I sit on it!!
1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 23:31 - Mar 22 with 1754 viewsDublinBlue84

I noticed towards the end when Ashton was talking about the club were deciding how transparent to be about things, Ed Schwartz was playing with his hands a lot and clearly didn't look totally at ease.

However that might be normal for him, I tried to find another interview with him in that showed his hands to see if he was doing the same, but I couldn't find one, so without seeing that, it's hard to draw too much from it.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 23:32 - Mar 22 with 1742 viewsCoastalblue

I thought Ashton was, well Ashton, and Ed actually looked and sounded genuinely excited to be part of this.

Maybe I just want to see good stuff but while I may have some background niggles about PE investment on the whole I think it's the way of the world and we seem to be quite lucky so far.

I don't think we've got too much to worry about for a few years if at all.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 23:42 - Mar 22 with 1703 viewsFrimleyBlue

Only thing that confused me with Ed. He kept thanking mark steed..

Am I wrong in thinking Ed was above Mark steed? And was the man who decides who steed invests with?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 23:44 - Mar 22 with 1701 viewsChurchman

I didn’t see too much in the body language to concern me. I think it was pretty scripted and they were being careful about what they were saying.

When the takeover took place my view was who knows. All white teeth and ready smiles, would they do what they said they were going to do? Three years on, they have.

I don’t know how the finances work or how well what they’re planning to do will work. But given they’ve been true to their word to date, I see no reason to be too concerned at the moment.

I’ve no doubt the Elephantofdoom will be along to tell us the end is nigh with the ‘debt peddlers’ - his description three long years ago. Again. And again. But who cares what he has to say. We have no control over any of it. The club is growing, we’ve had a fantastic two seasons. F it, let’s enjoy the moment.

The Cat 1 point was interesting. Given Ashton’s hostility to it what’s changed?
[Post edited 23 Mar 17:54]
1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 23:50 - Mar 22 with 1680 viewsPhilTWTD

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 23:42 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

Only thing that confused me with Ed. He kept thanking mark steed..

Am I wrong in thinking Ed was above Mark steed? And was the man who decides who steed invests with?

Mark Steed is in charge of everyone! He runs the pension fund, who own the largest stake in the club. ORG are their representatives but he's the main man ultimately.
1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 23:56 - Mar 22 with 1643 viewsFrimleyBlue

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 23:50 - Mar 22 by PhilTWTD

Mark Steed is in charge of everyone! He runs the pension fund, who own the largest stake in the club. ORG are their representatives but he's the main man ultimately.

Oh I see. Thanks :)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 05:50 - Mar 23 with 1444 viewsrodney76

I haven't seen the interview, but the O/P's reservations are interesting and may be valid or not.
Quite frankly, I'm completely lost when it comes to this complicated and involved world of big business. I hardly understand one little bit of it, with millions being bandied around like confetti, and so many organisations and individuals involved all intent upon creaming it.

To me, it's neither good nor bad because I don't understand it. Does it herald a golden future for the club, or is it all a house of cards?

Although Ashton clearly has a silver tongue and could surely sell ice-cubes to Eskimos it cannot be denied that he has, thus far, delivered in a spectacular way and all to the benefit of the club.
In my opinion the only option for us fans is to enjoy both the present and immediate future and with the PL on the horizon and Cat. 1 status seemingly becoming a reality it is not difficult to be excited with how things are progressing.
It would be wrong to say with this business turn-around that there should br no reservations on our part, for at the end of the day all these individuals involved are in it to make money but with the whole scenario so far to be seen as speculate to accumulate things are on track as far as both the investors and the club go. The problem is that there is only so much that can be accumulated in the English game.
I'm both uneasy and optimistic at the same time.
[Post edited 23 Mar 6:05]
1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 05:54 - Mar 23 with 1453 viewsRIPbobby

My biggest concern is that we made such a big loss in those finances. Everything went right in that time period. That black kit sold shed loads. Most results on the pitch were perfect. Salaries were only on league 1 levels so quite tight. Stadium was packed. I don't really see how we could have done much better?

Outgoing 2M for pr pitch and I think it was another 1M for 3 pitches up playford road. It just kind of make me worried about when we find our level and the feeling good drops. I just feel like we should have at least broken even last financial year with everything going to plan. Please bare in mind I have not studied the finances. Just a bit surprised in such a blue sky season has generated bigger loss.
Login to get fewer ads

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 07:15 - Mar 23 with 1330 viewsbluejacko

I blame Frank Yallop! After all if he hadn’t of pointed game changer our way we could still be enjoying what was happening 3 yrs ago! It’s all his fault we are in this mess.
1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 07:23 - Mar 23 with 1287 viewsdavblue

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 05:54 - Mar 23 by RIPbobby

My biggest concern is that we made such a big loss in those finances. Everything went right in that time period. That black kit sold shed loads. Most results on the pitch were perfect. Salaries were only on league 1 levels so quite tight. Stadium was packed. I don't really see how we could have done much better?

Outgoing 2M for pr pitch and I think it was another 1M for 3 pitches up playford road. It just kind of make me worried about when we find our level and the feeling good drops. I just feel like we should have at least broken even last financial year with everything going to plan. Please bare in mind I have not studied the finances. Just a bit surprised in such a blue sky season has generated bigger loss.

Unless you are in the prem or sell a player i would suggest without looking into it that 95% of clubs will be making a loss.
1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 07:39 - Mar 23 with 1220 viewsnodge_blue

I’d say that I thought in some respects we were already secure in getting things like the training ground done. MA said, this now enabled it. So maybe we are really seeing that the pension fund doesn’t really want to invest anymore money and would rather just dilute its ownership share to stabilise its liability.

Clearly new investors at this precise moment may be gambling on a huge bonus in a few weeks time too.

I don’t see any huge downside but in my head I’m not sure I heard any future plan that I thought we weren’t already committed to doing.

We seem to have a plethora of owner faces. I think there was an acknowledgment that could get out of hand. And it was interesting that the 3 lions now only have one board seat.

It was also interesting that we seem to have other investors who were keen to come on board.but we have declined or sidelined for now.

Running loses of 18mil though still feels huge to me. Despite our revenue streams being pretty maxed out. Soon burn through that investment and five years mentioned seems about right. Not sure this funds a new stand….

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 09:18 - Mar 23 with 1080 viewsSwansea_Blue

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 07:15 - Mar 23 by bluejacko

I blame Frank Yallop! After all if he hadn’t of pointed game changer our way we could still be enjoying what was happening 3 yrs ago! It’s all his fault we are in this mess.

There were some funny moments in fairness (1:50 onwards)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 09:24 - Mar 23 with 1050 viewsNthQldITFC

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 09:18 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

There were some funny moments in fairness (1:50 onwards)

Orchestral.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 12:03 - Mar 23 with 878 viewsRegencyBlue

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 05:54 - Mar 23 by RIPbobby

What you’ve got to remember is that the new owners are having to make up for the complete lack of investment by Marcus Evans during his tenure.

Apart from a lick of paint to a few turnstiles absolutely nothing was done. By the time of the takeover the infrastructure was literally falling apart and staffing had been cut to the bone.

Bottom line is we are playing catch up big time and it’s costly.
1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 12:26 - Mar 23 with 833 viewsIllinoisblue

This “their body language didn’t look right” has the potential to rise above Frimmer’s “McKenna is not for me, he looks smarmy” classic. Hall of Fame potential.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 12:44 - Mar 23 with 800 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The OP perfectly illustrates the Stockholm Syndrome that the last 20 years has given us.

"Well, this all sounds perfectly reasonable and the right thing for the club, but this is Ipswich, so there's got to be something going on which is going to being an end to everything thats been so positive over the last three years"

"And the big screen looks wobbly, it might kill someone, typical Ipswich"

This is going to take quite some time to correct, I just hope it's not 20 years.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

1/2 Glass Full 1/2 Glass Empty on 17:21 - Mar 23 with 595 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't think Mark Schwartz is as used to/adept at public speaking as Mark Ashton is, that's all. Not that he did anything wrong, just Ashton's more polished at it.

I think any other uncomfortableness would be down to knowing lots will be watching and so they want to say everything correctly. It's 45 mins so they wouldn't want to have to start again.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024