Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this additional money 18:19 - Mar 22 with 1793 viewsnodge_blue

Or is it the pension fund getting some of their money back?

Bottom line is will the £105 mil enable mark ashton to buy more players and improve the facilities?

And how does FFP affect it all?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Is this additional money on 18:20 - Mar 22 with 1769 viewsKeno

They said the pension fund are leaving the money in the club

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is this additional money on 18:25 - Mar 22 with 1721 viewsLord_Lucan

Is this additional money on 18:20 - Mar 22 by Keno

They said the pension fund are leaving the money in the club

Oh have they?

I was thinking that they were going to reduce (at the very least) the exposure of the pension fund

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is this additional money on 18:38 - Mar 22 with 1631 viewsPinewoodblue

Is this additional money on 18:25 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

Oh have they?

I was thinking that they were going to reduce (at the very least) the exposure of the pension fund

Sounds to me that they still hold their original investment and have attracted new money, as a result they now own just a controlling interest.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is this additional money on 20:37 - Mar 22 with 1373 viewsFreddy

Is this additional money on 18:38 - Mar 22 by Pinewoodblue

Sounds to me that they still hold their original investment and have attracted new money, as a result they now own just a controlling interest.

So have Gamechanger sold a 40% stake in the club
to get a return on their investment?
Is this additional money on 20:39 - Mar 22 with 1354 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t think they’ve said, have they? They’ve said there’s new capital coming into the club, but it’s not clear how much.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this additional money on 20:42 - Mar 22 with 1338 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is this additional money on 20:37 - Mar 22 by Freddy

So have Gamechanger sold a 40% stake in the club
to get a return on their investment?

I guess the alternative is that they have sold a share in the club at a much higher price than what they paid for the (virtually) full ownership but left that money in the club thereby increasing the value of the club significantly but not actually taking any money out of the club.

One thing is for sure, they know what they are doing and are going to get a good profit out of their investment if everything runs to plan.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is this additional money on 21:57 - Mar 22 with 1206 views2-5-7

Is this additional money on 20:42 - Mar 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I guess the alternative is that they have sold a share in the club at a much higher price than what they paid for the (virtually) full ownership but left that money in the club thereby increasing the value of the club significantly but not actually taking any money out of the club.

One thing is for sure, they know what they are doing and are going to get a good profit out of their investment if everything runs to plan.

Exactly this
Is this additional money on 07:53 - Mar 23 with 903 viewstrncbluearmy

its additional

£!05m paid for 40% share
Money back into club increasing asset value
Money used for training ground and cat 1 academy thereby increasing asset value further

Cracking deal for all especially Ipswich Town Football Club

Ignore negative scum comments they haven't got a scooby do
[Post edited 23 Mar 7:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Is this additional money on 08:03 - Mar 23 with 864 viewsMK1

Is this additional money on 07:53 - Mar 23 by trncbluearmy

its additional

£!05m paid for 40% share
Money back into club increasing asset value
Money used for training ground and cat 1 academy thereby increasing asset value further

Cracking deal for all especially Ipswich Town Football Club

Ignore negative scum comments they haven't got a scooby do
[Post edited 23 Mar 7:55]

The new investment gives us an even more stable foundation to continue growth as we push for the Premier League. The contacts all these people have will also help us in the coming years, should we need further investment.
As you say, fantastic news all round for Ipswich and the supporters.
Is this additional money on 08:27 - Mar 23 with 826 viewsPinewoodblue

Is this additional money on 08:03 - Mar 23 by MK1

The new investment gives us an even more stable foundation to continue growth as we push for the Premier League. The contacts all these people have will also help us in the coming years, should we need further investment.
As you say, fantastic news all round for Ipswich and the supporters.

This investment gives us an opportunity to grow, as a club, within the current financial rules.

What is equally important is the part fans have to play, we have to continue to fill the ground every match and continue to put money into the club with the purchase of merchandise etc.

It really is a team effort and we all have a part to play.

COYB

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is this additional money on 08:55 - Mar 23 with 761 viewsNthQldITFC

Is this additional money on 18:38 - Mar 22 by Pinewoodblue

I know nothing, but this is what I assume, and I'm more than happy to be put right on any of it:

[1.] The new investors represent 25% of the financial board.
[2.] They probably expect and have agreement to take a profit at some risk to themselves within 5-7 years.
[3.] That profit could come from:
a. player sales
b. TV money
c. commercial activity linked to an expanded stadium and area
d. commercial activity ITFC brand
e. selling shares (assuming the value will rise with club success)
[4.] Because of [1.] they can't enforce any of [3.a-d] unless there's any binding contract to enforce it against the best interests of the club? The latter, the majority shareholders would never allow to happen as a longer term investor (even ignoring their evident good character).
[5.] The £105m is available in phases entirely for investment in the club for:
a. Infrastructure investment - training ground first, then presumably a new Cobbold Stand (partial funding?)
b. Player investment this summer. (Balance with a. dependent upon which division we are in next season.)
c. Very clearly stated that no current shareholders are taking any investment out of the club at this time; it's all new investment just when we need it.

How close is that, I wonder?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is this additional money on 09:23 - Mar 23 with 711 viewsnodge_blue

Is this additional money on 08:55 - Mar 23 by NthQldITFC

I know nothing, but this is what I assume, and I'm more than happy to be put right on any of it:

[1.] The new investors represent 25% of the financial board.
[2.] They probably expect and have agreement to take a profit at some risk to themselves within 5-7 years.
[3.] That profit could come from:
a. player sales
b. TV money
c. commercial activity linked to an expanded stadium and area
d. commercial activity ITFC brand
e. selling shares (assuming the value will rise with club success)
[4.] Because of [1.] they can't enforce any of [3.a-d] unless there's any binding contract to enforce it against the best interests of the club? The latter, the majority shareholders would never allow to happen as a longer term investor (even ignoring their evident good character).
[5.] The £105m is available in phases entirely for investment in the club for:
a. Infrastructure investment - training ground first, then presumably a new Cobbold Stand (partial funding?)
b. Player investment this summer. (Balance with a. dependent upon which division we are in next season.)
c. Very clearly stated that no current shareholders are taking any investment out of the club at this time; it's all new investment just when we need it.

How close is that, I wonder?

Is 5c a bit ambiguous. The pension fund could receive a direct payment without taking money out?

I said in another post I don’t really have any negatives, but in some respects I didn’t hear anything new yesterday. Some of the funding money appears to be supporting the training ground, but I thought that was already secured etc.

It feels to me like a spreading of risk and the pension fund not being the only source of capital to fund projects and cover loses over the next five years. I don’t see a downside to that other than another set of faces in a rather complicated ownership model.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Is this additional money on 12:24 - Mar 23 with 553 viewsAlberto_the_frog

It's new money.
Perhaps easier to say what it's not first -
It's not "we own the club. It's worth 250 million, so you can buy 40% of it off us for 100 million".

More like "we own the club. You INVEST 100 million in it and get new shares we issue to the value of 40% of the club. Our holding is still the same, but now only represents 60% of the club's value".

More confusing to me is the FFP rules. It seems most of the money is going on infrastructure. As far as I understand it, such investment does not count as expenditure against those rules.

Also, the money will be drip fed in, not all at once, hence "up to" 105 million.
Is this additional money on 12:40 - Mar 23 with 524 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Is this additional money on 20:42 - Mar 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Technically I don’t think they’ve sold anything.

When Gamechanger took over they created loads of new shares, but didn’t physically issue them to any shareholders. My understanding is that they have just issued those shares at an agreed price, but the knock on effect is that the new issue dilutes their shareholding. They haven’t sold any of their shares as I understand it

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024