Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Cobbold Stand 18:19 - Mar 22 with 2198 viewsportmanking

Town TV video shows Ashton pointing to the Borough Council's plans on-screen and their mock-up of the Cobbold Stand as part of his speech.

I wonder if that IS the architects' plans for the new stand?
New Cobbold Stand on 18:22 - Mar 22 with 2118 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The trouble is, he rings the aquatic centre with his pointer/pen, so not sure that is confirmation.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

New Cobbold Stand on 18:38 - Mar 22 with 2041 viewstextbackup

I’m a little surprised so many people have questioned this.

Of course it’s the design. MA has said a million times that he and the council have many meetings over how to best use the land/space.

This has all been drawn up together. IBC announcing their swimming pool news was the first part of the plan… next the news of further investment… next, well let’s wait and see

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

New Cobbold Stand on 18:45 - Mar 22 with 1950 viewsEssexBloo

New Cobbold Stand on 18:38 - Mar 22 by textbackup

Of course it’s the design. MA has said a million times that he and the council have many meetings over how to best use the land/space.

This has all been drawn up together. IBC announcing their swimming pool news was the first part of the plan… next the news of further investment… next, well let’s wait and see

Any mention though of what the intended final capacity will be?
New Cobbold Stand on 18:50 - Mar 22 with 1919 viewsCheltenham_Blue

New Cobbold Stand on 18:45 - Mar 22 by EssexBloo

Any mention though of what the intended final capacity will be?

All 21,000 season ticket holders in a Kop style stand, on 9ct gold plated seats.

New Cobbold Stand on 18:52 - Mar 22 with 1900 viewsEssexBloo

New Cobbold Stand on 18:50 - Mar 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

All 21,000 season ticket holders in a Kop style stand, on 9ct gold plated seats.

9? Meh.
New Cobbold Stand on 19:01 - Mar 22 with 1825 viewsstonojnr

New Cobbold Stand on 18:22 - Mar 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

The trouble is, he rings the aquatic centre with his pointer/pen, so not sure that is confirmation.

The guy could sneeze into a napkin and people would be convinced the Cobbold stand plans are hidden in it
New Cobbold Stand on 21:29 - Mar 22 with 1539 viewsCheltenham_Blue

New Cobbold Stand on 18:52 - Mar 22 by EssexBloo

9? Meh.

18 is too soft. You don't want the seat moulded to your arse.

New Cobbold Stand on 22:42 - Mar 22 with 1382 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

New Cobbold Stand on 21:29 - Mar 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

18 is too soft. You don't want the seat moulded to your arse.

You speak for yourself! A personalised moulding may help ease the farmer Giles.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

New Cobbold Stand on 02:13 - Mar 23 with 1157 viewsMookamoo

New Cobbold Stand on 18:38 - Mar 22 by textbackup

I assumed these were an initial set of plans to show the joint commitment between the club and IBC to a new stand project. They'll be used to attract investment the stand as well as the club. Final plans might be a while away yet.

They'll get Investment from a wide range of entities who don't necessarily want to invest into the club directly, just the infrastructure. For example, selling the retail space to someone like Jones Lang LaSalle.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a conference centre in there as well. Norwich make a lot from their conference facilities.
New Cobbold Stand on 05:59 - Mar 23 with 1050 viewsazuremerlangus

New Cobbold Stand on 02:13 - Mar 23 by Mookamoo

I assumed these were an initial set of plans to show the joint commitment between the club and IBC to a new stand project. They'll be used to attract investment the stand as well as the club. Final plans might be a while away yet.

They'll get Investment from a wide range of entities who don't necessarily want to invest into the club directly, just the infrastructure. For example, selling the retail space to someone like Jones Lang LaSalle.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a conference centre in there as well. Norwich make a lot from their conference facilities.

There is money in conferencing? Could have fooled me with our previous owner.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

New Cobbold Stand on 12:24 - Mar 23 with 679 viewsurbanpenguin

I do not think this is "the design", no. Perhaps an initial design-intent based upon basic studies of the site, access, requirements etc.

This would be an initial scoping and form finding exercise, so any future development could possibly have this kind of shape but they would not be into deeper design process yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024