Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? 19:47 - Mar 20 with 6815 viewsArnieM

They play Halifax. And there are just 6 games left after tonight's game and I think they're 21 points ahead of next team. Awesome season for them tbh....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:28 - Mar 21 with 870 viewsHerbivore

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:21 - Mar 21 by ibbleobble

No but the litter that gets spouted on here, like what you’ve just written, is ridiculous. “Never excelled with a decent sized club”? What does that even mean?? You’re basically saying he excels and punches above his weight with the clubs he’d had success with, disproving your own point.

That's not what they're saying but we know this is a subject you have a tendency to lose your head over.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:35 - Mar 21 with 847 viewsBlueBoots

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 20:29 - Mar 21 by Mullet

Two of those who fans were saying weren't good enough for the Championship (not all obviously, but you get my gist) and Morsy and Chaplin who we got through money and circumstance.

Morsy didn't want to be here, Chaplin was frozen out.

It baffles me anyone gives Cook the credit they do as a manager in many ways, but you realise it's mostly not down to his management but his personality and how they bought into it.

The desperation that every little thing was gonna be all right and the miserable reality really messed things up. The revision and pretence around Evans to now is amazing to see.

The other people mooning over him like teenagers pining for the first girl who looked at them is possibly the most hilarious thing about it all. He didn't need to go demolition man at all. The fact it ultimately cost him his job and us promotion sooner etc. seems to get lost in all of this.

"He didn't need to go demolition man at all"

Really? List of players released that summer...out of interest, who would you have liked to have seen kept on?

Flynn Downes
Andre Dozzell
Stephen Ward
David Cornell
Luke Chambers
Gwion Edwards
Harry Wright
Cole Skuse
James Wilson
Freddie Sears
Alan Judge
Aaron Drinan
Jack Lankester
Oliver Hawkins
Teddy Bishop
Emyr Huws

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:40 - Mar 21 with 834 viewsibbleobble

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 21:05 - Mar 21 by Churchman

In my view he was out of his depth. It’s one thing operating in a small environment where you are master of all you survey. It’s another working in a club that is reinventing itself with a structure more akin to a Premier League club than Chesterfield.

His public hanging players out to dry, however deserved it was, was wrong. He shot himself in the foot before he began by not being able to control his emotions and earned the distrust of anyone who might have wanted to stay the club.

By operating a bomb squad he wasted anyone that might have been of use to him. Fine, he might not have cared. But given he went on to assemble a team by figuratively throwing mud at the wall tells me he didn’t know how to build a team in the environment/situation he was in. He was out of his depth, a wrong fit for this club.

He’s clearly had success. But not here. He had a great opportunity and hosed it up the wall. He was clueless and in my view unable to cope with where this club was, what they were looking to do and how they wanted to go about it. Would giving him more time have helped? Not in my view - he had to go.

I’m sure he’s a great bloke who does a great job at certain clubs and good luck to him. He’s done well at Chesterfield.

A few points of correction.

- When he was here we barely had the PL building blocks in place and he ripped up squads at two clubs to get them promoted so he was well versed at clubs trying to reinvent themselves. Portsmouth are as big a club too.
- The club was nowhere when he came so I’m not sure why folk think we were well set to take big leaps, we weren’t. The investment was there but not the infrastructure. That took time and he wasn’t the right fit for what they wanted to do, long term but out of his depth is a stretch.
- The bomb squad was the best thing a manager could have done for this club. Play it back. Do you think McKenna would have kept any of that lot?

It all pales into insignificance given what McKenna and Pert have done though. Good luck to him. I hope he flies up the leagues with Chesterfield to put a few of the familiar voices back in their box.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:41 - Mar 21 with 833 viewsibbleobble

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:35 - Mar 21 by BlueBoots

Really? List of players released that summer...out of interest, who would you have liked to have seen kept on?

Flynn Downes
Andre Dozzell
Stephen Ward
David Cornell
Luke Chambers
Gwion Edwards
Harry Wright
Cole Skuse
James Wilson
Freddie Sears
Alan Judge
Aaron Drinan
Jack Lankester
Oliver Hawkins
Teddy Bishop
Emyr Huws

Who would KM have kept more to the point?
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:55 - Mar 21 with 805 viewsN2_Blue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:21 - Mar 21 by ibbleobble

No but the litter that gets spouted on here, like what you’ve just written, is ridiculous. “Never excelled with a decent sized club”? What does that even mean?? You’re basically saying he excels and punches above his weight with the clubs he’d had success with, disproving your own point.

What? It means what it says. He's never excelled with a club anywhere near the size Ipswich are. No he doesn't punch above his weight. The likes of Wigan and Chesterfield etc are his level. Your post doesn't really make any sense.

Anyway whatever each and everyone's opinion of Paul Cook why are you so utterly desperate to defend him??

I'm genuinely curious as to what your obsession with him is? You went AWOL from TWTD after he was sacked like it genuinely impacted you or something. Are you related, date his daughter or something?

I mean it is an obsession, I'm not the only one on this forum who's thinks this? You admitted you followed Portsmouth when Cook was there and now you clearly take a Keanish interest in Chesterfields results. I've never heard of someone following a manager around clubs. Its quite bizarre so genuinely intrigued.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 23:32 - Mar 21 with 755 viewsChurchman

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:40 - Mar 21 by ibbleobble

A few points of correction.

- When he was here we barely had the PL building blocks in place and he ripped up squads at two clubs to get them promoted so he was well versed at clubs trying to reinvent themselves. Portsmouth are as big a club too.
- The club was nowhere when he came so I’m not sure why folk think we were well set to take big leaps, we weren’t. The investment was there but not the infrastructure. That took time and he wasn’t the right fit for what they wanted to do, long term but out of his depth is a stretch.
- The bomb squad was the best thing a manager could have done for this club. Play it back. Do you think McKenna would have kept any of that lot?

It all pales into insignificance given what McKenna and Pert have done though. Good luck to him. I hope he flies up the leagues with Chesterfield to put a few of the familiar voices back in their box.

Portsmouth were a similar sized club pre GC20. Not the day they came in. What they were looking to do made us a totally different prospect to how Portsmouth were structured and financed.

Your point about poor fit for the new infrastructure being put in is the whole point. He was unable to operate effectively in that environment. If he was capable or shall we say up to the job why did he fail? And fail he did. Spectacularly. What an opportunity he had. It was in his lap. And he hosed it up the wall. Lucky to last as long as he did.

Bomb squad method was wasteful, stupid and crude. Did it not include Woolfy, Donacien and Jackson? Regardless, his way was not the only way to generate change any more than blowing a public gasket was sensible. I seriously doubt McKenna would have gone about things the way Cook did in any way shape or form.

Would the above players be here now had he stayed? Would we be where we are now? We will never know but I know where my money is on that.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 06:05 - Mar 22 with 697 viewsibbleobble

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:55 - Mar 21 by N2_Blue

What? It means what it says. He's never excelled with a club anywhere near the size Ipswich are. No he doesn't punch above his weight. The likes of Wigan and Chesterfield etc are his level. Your post doesn't really make any sense.

Anyway whatever each and everyone's opinion of Paul Cook why are you so utterly desperate to defend him??

I'm genuinely curious as to what your obsession with him is? You went AWOL from TWTD after he was sacked like it genuinely impacted you or something. Are you related, date his daughter or something?

I mean it is an obsession, I'm not the only one on this forum who's thinks this? You admitted you followed Portsmouth when Cook was there and now you clearly take a Keanish interest in Chesterfields results. I've never heard of someone following a manager around clubs. Its quite bizarre so genuinely intrigued.

Portsmouth are as big a club as us. I take interest in Chesterfields results as there’s a big ex-Ipswich contingent there like any normal town fan would. I’m not sure what the rest of your rambles are about but you can go on the div list with the pro-MM faction.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 06:15 - Mar 22 with 688 viewsibbleobble

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 23:32 - Mar 21 by Churchman

Portsmouth were a similar sized club pre GC20. Not the day they came in. What they were looking to do made us a totally different prospect to how Portsmouth were structured and financed.

Your point about poor fit for the new infrastructure being put in is the whole point. He was unable to operate effectively in that environment. If he was capable or shall we say up to the job why did he fail? And fail he did. Spectacularly. What an opportunity he had. It was in his lap. And he hosed it up the wall. Lucky to last as long as he did.

Bomb squad method was wasteful, stupid and crude. Did it not include Woolfy, Donacien and Jackson? Regardless, his way was not the only way to generate change any more than blowing a public gasket was sensible. I seriously doubt McKenna would have gone about things the way Cook did in any way shape or form.

Would the above players be here now had he stayed? Would we be where we are now? We will never know but I know where my money is on that.

Portsmouth have an owner in Mike Eisner who is arguably as wealthy and in a better place to invest than GC20 as its personal wealth. Mike Eisner is choosing to invest in the grass roots and rebuild the infrastructure in a different, same but different. Clearly this was all Paul Cook but Portsmouth are in the same league as us and may literally be this time next season.

Cook might not have been the GC20s first choice and a poor fit but to say he’s out-of-his-depth is far too contentious and an over simplification cation in my view. KM clearly at a different level given the PL experience but at the time, PCs credentials were more than good enough and there was a genuine excitement at Town when he was appointed and at the start of his first full season in charge.

That squad was woeful, no-one will convince me other wise. If the golden boy and driving force of those players listed is Cole Skuse, it speaks volumes. I’ll say what I’ve said before, Chambers and Skuse amassed 1000+ professional games between them and didn’t win a thing. Not the nucleus of a prosperous new beginning is it? Cook was right to rip it up and KM has benefitted as a result.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 06:50 - Mar 22 with 663 viewsHerbivore

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 06:05 - Mar 22 by ibbleobble

Portsmouth are as big a club as us. I take interest in Chesterfields results as there’s a big ex-Ipswich contingent there like any normal town fan would. I’m not sure what the rest of your rambles are about but you can go on the div list with the pro-MM faction.

Pompey as big a club as us?

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 06:52 - Mar 22 with 658 viewsHerbivore

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 06:15 - Mar 22 by ibbleobble

Portsmouth have an owner in Mike Eisner who is arguably as wealthy and in a better place to invest than GC20 as its personal wealth. Mike Eisner is choosing to invest in the grass roots and rebuild the infrastructure in a different, same but different. Clearly this was all Paul Cook but Portsmouth are in the same league as us and may literally be this time next season.

Cook might not have been the GC20s first choice and a poor fit but to say he’s out-of-his-depth is far too contentious and an over simplification cation in my view. KM clearly at a different level given the PL experience but at the time, PCs credentials were more than good enough and there was a genuine excitement at Town when he was appointed and at the start of his first full season in charge.

That squad was woeful, no-one will convince me other wise. If the golden boy and driving force of those players listed is Cole Skuse, it speaks volumes. I’ll say what I’ve said before, Chambers and Skuse amassed 1000+ professional games between them and didn’t win a thing. Not the nucleus of a prosperous new beginning is it? Cook was right to rip it up and KM has benefitted as a result.

That woeful squad was doing better under Lambert in League 1 than the new and improved squad was doing under Cook the following season. And you think calling him out for being terrible and out of his depth is harsh? Mama mia.

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 07:37 - Mar 22 with 625 viewspennblue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 06:52 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

That woeful squad was doing better under Lambert in League 1 than the new and improved squad was doing under Cook the following season. And you think calling him out for being terrible and out of his depth is harsh? Mama mia.

The "new and improved squad" that he had a whole 8 weeks to work with

Mama mia indeed

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:12 - Mar 22 with 601 viewsChurchman

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 07:37 - Mar 22 by pennblue

Mama mia indeed

So you’d have preferred to hang on to Cook. Stick with him, his coffee cups, grubby t shirt, bizarre coaching staff, post match ‘entertainment’ and group of players that sometimes played well. He was getting nowhere because he collected players rather than built a team. He threw mud at the wall and hoped it would stick.

Do you honestly think that McKenna would have approached it in that way had he been appointed say 1st May? Hypothetical as Ashton wasn’t in till 1st June. But I don’t. I have to disagree and still believe he was out of his depth here for the reasons I’ve given.

The appointment of Cook would have been ok had Evans kept control. I think he might have been able to stave off relegation to L2 for a few seasons; maybe do a better than that with his way of managing. His track record suggested that, which is why I supported his appointment at the time. But given Evans was trying to sell, the timing of the (well deserved) booting of windbag Lambert and arrival of Cook was yet another c0ck up by ‘our saviour’ Evans.

As for Portsmouth being as big a club as Ipswich. Yes, they are mid sized. A proper club and a good addition to the Championship next year. They have for the first time ever in 2021 bought a training facility too. They get good crowds of 18,716 average this season, but as we know from Portsmouth supporters on here, they actually have many millions of supporters. Presumably they’re just in hiding at the moment.

However, my very limited understanding of how they operate and were structured tells me they were not at the same level as we are now in terms of operation/organisation when cook was there, despite great away support of a million a match.
[Post edited 22 Mar 8:25]
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:17 - Mar 22 with 595 viewsHerbivore

Mama mia indeed

He was here until December, the season started in August. Even without the deadline day signings he had a squad that should have been too good for League 1. Funny how McKenna managed to get them playing cohesively in a couple of weeks when Cook couldn't manage it in months.

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:26 - Mar 22 with 581 viewsChurchman

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:17 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

He was here until December, the season started in August. Even without the deadline day signings he had a squad that should have been too good for League 1. Funny how McKenna managed to get them playing cohesively in a couple of weeks when Cook couldn't manage it in months.

Funny how McKenna was able to get something out of one or two players Cook wrote off too.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:28 - Mar 22 with 575 viewsitfcjoe

Mama mia indeed

It was clearly more than 8 weeks as it was, but it took McKenna 8 days to pick up someone else's squad and get more out of it.

Cook managed to lose as many games in that time as KM did in 2 seasons

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:34 - Mar 22 with 560 viewsN2_Blue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 06:05 - Mar 22 by ibbleobble

Aww bless.

Pro MM faction. What is even that? If you are referring to Mick McCarthy that's just odd. Firstly i don't see what this has to do with the points we are making about Paul Cook, and secondly I gave up my season ticket in the final years of Mick because it was turgid and the dullest football imaginable but I understood it was pretty much all that was possible under Evans. Still didn't want to watch it though.

It's a shame you can't or choose not to answer the main question of why you are so desperate to defend Cook at every opportunity. I'm genuinely interested.
[Post edited 22 Mar 8:36]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:35 - Mar 22 with 557 viewsHerbivore

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:28 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

It was clearly more than 8 weeks as it was, but it took McKenna 8 days to pick up someone else's squad and get more out of it.

Cook managed to lose as many games in that time as KM did in 2 seasons

There are a few posters who still can't admit they were wrong over Cook it seems. They'll probably claim that Cook got sacked just as the squad has gelled which is why McKenna was able to hit the ground running. We took 7 points from Cook's last 6 games, there was certainly very little evidence he was getting them to gel.

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 09:25 - Mar 22 with 532 viewsChurchman

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:35 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

There are a few posters who still can't admit they were wrong over Cook it seems. They'll probably claim that Cook got sacked just as the squad has gelled which is why McKenna was able to hit the ground running. We took 7 points from Cook's last 6 games, there was certainly very little evidence he was getting them to gel.

They weren’t gelling at all. One week a great result at Wycombe, the next played off the park by mighty Rotherham. When he was thrown out at the end of Nov, we were no better than we were at the start of the season.

Looking at the results, KMs impact was immediate, not least defensively where we barely conceded a goal. Steady the ship then build is a bit of a cliche, but it really looks like that from results and felt that way at the time.

McKenna looked comfortable in his environment from the start and they weren’t even his players. No post match rants, over excitement or depression. No looking like he couldn’t wait to get to the Dog and Duck for post training ‘analysis’. What a contrast to Cook..
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 10:23 - Mar 22 with 502 viewsEuropablue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:44 - Mar 21 by tractorshark

Cook was undone at Ipswich by 2 things in my opinion.

Firstly, he opted for a Scouse mafia coaching team that, at the time, was inexperienced and out of its depth.

Secondly, he made a rod for his own back with the demolition man comments. Once he ripped up the squad and got the players he wanted, he had nowhere to hide and very little goodwill in the bank when it didn’t go right. Tub thumping will only appease the fans for so long.

But you have to give him some credit for his recruitment. Morsy, Chaplin etc.

That said, good players still need good coaching. And McKenna has undoubtedly shown the value of that.

I think Cook looks better all the time with the way things are going now. He bought in some excellent players and I honestly think he would have got things together with time. We'd probably still be in League One under Cook, maybe challenging for promotion. I agreed with the decision to replace Cook when others said that he deserved more time, even though I agreed that he deserved more time, because clearly he wasn't the right fit. The only skepticism I had was who we were going to replace him with because there are many worse managers on the manager merry-go-round than Paul Cook.
We couldn't have got a better manager than KM.
The foundations for the rebuild were there for KM and he could ride the wave of positivity and not be the bad guy getting rid of half the squad.
In short we should be graceful toward PC who wore his heart on his sleeve and set us up to achieve great things.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 10:36 - Mar 22 with 490 viewsEuropablue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 12:56 - Mar 21 by Herbivore

I see where you're coming from but he only looks a necessary middle step in hindsight because the manager that followed ended up being absolutely fantastic. Had we not made such a good appointment, things could have gone in quite a different direction and Cook would be looking like another clown in a long succession of circus acts in charge of Town.

I think it's a measure of how badly he managed things here that he must be the first professional manager to lose two entirely different changing rooms in less than a year.

It's an interesting thought process to consider how KM would have performed if he had been appointed instead of PC.
Even though it was negative, PC lowered the bar and made fans much more receptive to KM. I would argue that PC acted as a firebreak and half of the players he recruited were very good. Remember that he had a good relationship with Morsy. I really don't think that Morsy would have signed for us if it weren't for PC, and probably some of them were swayed by PC.
PCs results were pretty bad, but if he had shown signs of moving in the right direction he should have been given more time. Sometimes it just takes time to radically change the patterns of play.

Put simply, PC served a role in getting us to where we are now even if he wasn't good enough and I wish him well in the future.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 10:38 - Mar 22 with 487 viewsEuropablue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 14:16 - Mar 21 by pennblue

I am sorry saying he was out of his depth is just complete nonsense.

He was only here 9 bloody months! and he only really had 2 months with Morsy in the team!

There's a difference between being out of his depth and not being League One level. He would definitely be able to manage at League One level.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 10:41 - Mar 22 with 476 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 22:35 - Mar 21 by BlueBoots

Flynn Downes
Andre Dozzell
Stephen Ward
David Cornell
Luke Chambers
Gwion Edwards
Harry Wright
Cole Skuse
James Wilson
Freddie Sears
Alan Judge
Aaron Drinan
Jack Lankester
Oliver Hawkins
Teddy Bishop
Emyr Huws

It's not just what you do, it is how you do it.

Yes, most of the players, possibly all, needed to go. But do it with class, with empathy, with positivity. It costs nothing and creates a better ongoing environment.

Compare how McKenna managed the exit of Evans this January. Lovely words on what he achieved at Town (which could be argued wasn't actually that much really) and what he can still achieve. Leaves everyone feeling positive.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 10:51 - Mar 22 with 460 viewsEuropablue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 20:29 - Mar 21 by Mullet

Two of those who fans were saying weren't good enough for the Championship (not all obviously, but you get my gist) and Morsy and Chaplin who we got through money and circumstance.

Morsy didn't want to be here, Chaplin was frozen out.

It baffles me anyone gives Cook the credit they do as a manager in many ways, but you realise it's mostly not down to his management but his personality and how they bought into it.

The desperation that every little thing was gonna be all right and the miserable reality really messed things up. The revision and pretence around Evans to now is amazing to see.

The other people mooning over him like teenagers pining for the first girl who looked at them is possibly the most hilarious thing about it all. He didn't need to go demolition man at all. The fact it ultimately cost him his job and us promotion sooner etc. seems to get lost in all of this.

There has to be a lot more nuance in our evaluation of him. He wasn't all bad, and even some of the bad things made the comparison with KM even starker and made KM's job easier.
The demolition man comments were unprofessional and I think that is where he lost the dressing room and the fans were only going to accept PC if results were excellent.
The bottom line is that Game Changer were all about setting Premier League standards to become a Premier League team. MA is the right man for that, but clearly PC is never going to be a Premier League manager. I think PC could have got us out of League One if he were given one or two more seasons. A lot of Ipswich fans look at Bobby Robson and say that we shouldn't be sacking managers so soon. The key thing is that the owners should always back their manager fully if they are the right fit and results aren't quite coming. Ultimately PC was the wrong fit for the new owners.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 10:54 - Mar 22 with 441 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 08:35 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Seriously? That kind of post from you who never admit being wrong?

Or others who won't admit being wrong, I mean your fellow members of Skuse/Chambers brigade as you all had claimed that them two's experience would be vital for us if we wanted to get out of League One.

Cook's problem with pre-Gamechanger squad was (just like Lambert and Hurst) was a player-power. That pair of these despicable weasels Skuse and Chambers (just like Judge, Dozzell, Sears and others) wanted things their way. An easy payday in the Marcus Evans world so no wonder there was no effort on the pitch.

Relegation without a fight followed by a cosy and cushty life in League One.......and lets solely blame Cook and his predecessors, eh? Whereas Skuse, Chambers, Judge, Dozzell, Sears and others remain the sacred cows, eh?

Cook was absolutely right in the way he had kicked them all out of the club. He was forced to make drastic, wholesale changes. Unfortunately for him he failed but the changes were were necessary.

The main point though is start admitting your wrongs first before lecturing others.
[Post edited 22 Mar 10:58]
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 11:12 - Mar 22 with 405 viewsHerbivore

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 10:54 - Mar 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Seriously? That kind of post from you who never admit being wrong?

Or others who won't admit being wrong, I mean your fellow members of Skuse/Chambers brigade as you all had claimed that them two's experience would be vital for us if we wanted to get out of League One.

Cook's problem with pre-Gamechanger squad was (just like Lambert and Hurst) was a player-power. That pair of these despicable weasels Skuse and Chambers (just like Judge, Dozzell, Sears and others) wanted things their way. An easy payday in the Marcus Evans world so no wonder there was no effort on the pitch.

Relegation without a fight followed by a cosy and cushty life in League One.......and lets solely blame Cook and his predecessors, eh? Whereas Skuse, Chambers, Judge, Dozzell, Sears and others remain the sacred cows, eh?

Cook was absolutely right in the way he had kicked them all out of the club. He was forced to make drastic, wholesale changes. Unfortunately for him he failed but the changes were were necessary.

The main point though is start admitting your wrongs first before lecturing others.
[Post edited 22 Mar 10:58]

Blah, blah, deranged rant about Skuse and Chambers, blah, blah.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024