Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? 19:47 - Mar 20 with 6819 viewsArnieM

They play Halifax. And there are just 6 games left after tonight's game and I think they're 21 points ahead of next team. Awesome season for them tbh....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 17:10 - Mar 22 with 196 viewsEuropablue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 14:40 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

Out of these though

Ward, Chambers, Edwards, Wright, Skuse, WIlson, Sears, Judge, Hawkins and Huws were out of contract - there was going to be a big clear out regardless.

More care could have been taken over:

Downes, Dozzell, Cornell, Drinan, Lankester and Bishop

As it is we pushed them out the door for whatever fee we could get.

We also stuck Jackson, Kenlock, Dobra and Woolfenden down into the stiffs

And a lot of the replacements, and selling those above used up unnecessary bandwidth when we had so much work to do.

Did we need to sell Bishop and Lankester and replace them with Tom Carroll and Louie Barry? Did we need to lose Dozzell and Downes and replace them with Harper and the like.

Cook's mouth put us in a position that left us too much to do in that window - we didn't need to be in a position where we needed to sign 19 players, it would have been hard enough signing 10-12

The most annoying part of bringing in 19 players was that Nottingham Forrest managed to beat our record!
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 17:12 - Mar 22 with 194 viewsEuropablue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 16:44 - Mar 22 by AlanG296

Cook was only ever a stopgap, his days were numbered as soon as Gamechanger took over. Ashton and O'Leary were always going to bring in a progressive modern coaching structure and all that involves at the earliest opportunity. Cook deserves credit for what he did. For clearing the club of the remnants of Evans era of mediocrity if nothing else. Wish him well.
[Post edited 22 Mar 16:45]

That's not exactly how I remember it. I think Gamechanger were in talks to buy the club when the appointment of Cook was made, so they were consulted. I don't think he was a bad appointment on paper, but then again all appointments by ME were good on paper apart from Lambert.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 17:15 - Mar 22 with 186 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 16:47 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Nobody else does, because nobody else has an irrational hatred of two long serving pros in the way that you do.

My opinion of Cook is not dissimilar to others really, so you must think a lot of people are "waffling guff" when they point out that he was a very poor manager here.

Irrational thread......nobody does........for the two weasels who were applauded for the relegation and its manner by SBR.

Your opinion of Cook is irrelevant. Because it doesn't matter at all. You keep ranting about him. He failed yes but he had seen the Skuse/Chambers rotten culture in the Ipswich changing room. He will have successfully spotted this and reacted by kicking them out of the club in a way they deserved.

Shame he had failed. At least now I have a pleasure to watch and admire good professionals who are worth to wear an Ipswich shirt.

Anything else? If not then go away and watch Ipswich 0-0 Burton on Youtube and enjoy how well we had been served up by the 'fantastic professionals'.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 17:21 - Mar 22 with 170 viewsAlanG296

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 17:12 - Mar 22 by Europablue

That's not exactly how I remember it. I think Gamechanger were in talks to buy the club when the appointment of Cook was made, so they were consulted. I don't think he was a bad appointment on paper, but then again all appointments by ME were good on paper apart from Lambert.

Gamechanger/O'Leary were consulted, doesn't mean that they did not have a future plan for radically changing the managerial/coaching structure etc. Cook was the stopgap to give them and Ashton time to identify the people.
Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 18:21 - Mar 22 with 126 viewsMullet

Is Paul Cooks Chesterfield promoted tonight? on 14:40 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

Out of these though

Ward, Chambers, Edwards, Wright, Skuse, WIlson, Sears, Judge, Hawkins and Huws were out of contract - there was going to be a big clear out regardless.

More care could have been taken over:

Downes, Dozzell, Cornell, Drinan, Lankester and Bishop

As it is we pushed them out the door for whatever fee we could get.

We also stuck Jackson, Kenlock, Dobra and Woolfenden down into the stiffs

And a lot of the replacements, and selling those above used up unnecessary bandwidth when we had so much work to do.

Did we need to sell Bishop and Lankester and replace them with Tom Carroll and Louie Barry? Did we need to lose Dozzell and Downes and replace them with Harper and the like.

Cook's mouth put us in a position that left us too much to do in that window - we didn't need to be in a position where we needed to sign 19 players, it would have been hard enough signing 10-12

I see you've answered this far nicer and more detailed than I would have.

Downes was ready to stay until Cook pissed him about, look what he'd have been worth to us with a season here. Lankester's injury was probably not going to help him here but as with much of this it's hindsight.

I also enjoy people slating Wilson when he went after seeing how well he'd played for us and then Plymouth.

This narrative it "had" to be done rather than it was done and widely supported because some fans will lap up anything is very different.

The fact it proved to be such a disaster and people still defend it, let alone applaud it much like Cook is mental.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024