Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area 20:13 - Mar 14 with 2184 viewsIllinoisblue

This presumably, on a lesser scale obviously, is what Ashton and co. have in mind. A glaring point to make; baseball teams have 81 home games a year so there’s vastly more foot traffic.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 20:22 - Mar 14 with 2088 viewsDinnernotTea

81?!? Fkkkking hell. How many in the league/how many times they play each team?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 20:26 - Mar 14 with 2057 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 20:22 - Mar 14 by DinnernotTea

Its the World Series mate, there are teams from all across the globe that have to play there.

Sorry? Only American teams?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 20:28 - Mar 14 with 2041 viewsSitfcB

81? Bloody hell.

Do they have away games??

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 20:29 - Mar 14 with 2046 viewsIllinoisblue

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 20:22 - Mar 14 by DinnernotTea

162 games total in regular season. Teams can play the teams in their league something like 15 times. But won’t play teams from other leagues at all sometimes. It’s rather ridiculous to be honest.

62 - 78 - 81

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:09 - Mar 14 with 1909 viewsFtnfwest

They usually play 2 in a row on the same day though with one of those often in work hours
Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:15 - Mar 14 with 1889 viewsstonojnr

No clearly they've got to build a stadium twice as big as that to cope with the fans expectations, that's absolutely what they've said def info...
Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:16 - Mar 14 with 1895 viewsSwansea_Blue

You can see why we were an attractive proposition. City centre location, close to the station with London just up the road (when the trains actually run!). It’s good real estate that part of town. And you’ve got prostitutes literally on your doorstep (unless it’s changed since the 80s).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:27 - Mar 14 with 1839 viewsVegtablue

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 20:29 - Mar 14 by Illinoisblue

162 games total in regular season. Teams can play the teams in their league something like 15 times. But won’t play teams from other leagues at all sometimes. It’s rather ridiculous to be honest.

Sorry didn't read properly, that's nuts. I will up my swimming levels if needed.
[Post edited 14 Mar 21:36]
Login to get fewer ads

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:40 - Mar 14 with 1778 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ashton talks of 365 day club usage which will be interesting to see how that transpires.

I'm guessing once the pitch matures we will see first team. Under 21. Under 18 games. Ladies football. Concerts etc.

I do wonder what will happen with the old staples plot but also the current fanzone area.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:54 - Mar 14 with 1673 viewsNthQldITFC

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 20:29 - Mar 14 by Illinoisblue

I'd be shagged out watching 162 games of baseball in a season. How many touchdowns would that add up to, I wonder. No wonder Taylor Swift's fella looks so tired.

Rounders for knobs.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:59 - Mar 14 with 1650 viewsIllinoisblue

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:09 - Mar 14 by Ftnfwest

They usually play 2 in a row on the same day though with one of those often in work hours

A lot of daytime games, yes. They only play doubleheaders when other games are rained out or rearranged.

62 - 78 - 81

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 22:21 - Mar 14 with 1597 viewsIllinoisblue

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:40 - Mar 14 by FrimleyBlue

Ashton talks of 365 day club usage which will be interesting to see how that transpires.

I'm guessing once the pitch matures we will see first team. Under 21. Under 18 games. Ladies football. Concerts etc.

I do wonder what will happen with the old staples plot but also the current fanzone area.

Hard to imagine any kind of “Town Village” getting that much use but it should be interesting a few years from now to see how it looks. Hopefully something more interesting than a council swimming pool

62 - 78 - 81

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 23:12 - Mar 14 with 1454 viewsChurchman

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:54 - Mar 14 by NthQldITFC

I'd be shagged out watching 162 games of baseball in a season. How many touchdowns would that add up to, I wonder. No wonder Taylor Swift's fella looks so tired.

Rounders for knobs.

It’s great game tbh. Went to a game in LA (Angels v Boston Red Sox). Somebody showed us where to sit and how it works. It has a bit of a cricket vibe about it. You chill out, mangle your American food, a drink or two and it all happens.

Got hooked on it. Teams will play at home a few straight nights then they’ll go away and play - that’s how it was in 92 but how it is now? No idea.

I wanted to see it when it came to London but the tickets were extortionate. Don’t like it that much! Good game though.
Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 09:07 - Mar 15 with 1044 viewsFtnfwest

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 21:59 - Mar 14 by Illinoisblue

A lot of daytime games, yes. They only play doubleheaders when other games are rained out or rearranged.

Not that its related to the OP but when on the road, doesn't an away team play 2-3 games at one place over a couple of days during the week usually? Season is longish but not as long as footy, so it is a huge number of games to fit in. Must play 5-6 a week?
Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 11:16 - Mar 15 with 842 viewsIllinoisblue

Cobbold Stand redevelopment and surrounding area on 09:07 - Mar 15 by Ftnfwest

Not that its related to the OP but when on the road, doesn't an away team play 2-3 games at one place over a couple of days during the week usually? Season is longish but not as long as footy, so it is a huge number of games to fit in. Must play 5-6 a week?

That is correct; teams from the East or Midwest for example will go on the road to California and play a decent number of games in a 5 or 6 day span. Season is April to October so they are cramming in a lot of games.

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024