Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We CANT DEFEND!!! 14:32 - Mar 9 with 5003 viewsArnieM

Balls into our box and we CANT DEFEND!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:33 - Mar 9 with 3044 viewschicoazul

So weird how a team that can’t defend could have gone top today and has only lost five times all season. It’s a mystery.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:34 - Mar 9 with 2968 viewsNeedhamChris

You're as much of a troll as Frimmers was, if not more. Stain on the fan base.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:35 - Mar 9 with 2829 viewsJ2BLUE

Utterly hysterical.

FFS.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:37 - Mar 9 with 2754 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Keiffer Moore would've been useful defending set pieces.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:38 - Mar 9 with 2699 viewsArnieM

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:33 - Mar 9 by chicoazul

So weird how a team that can’t defend could have gone top today and has only lost five times all season. It’s a mystery.

Yes but when the chips are down and we have to actually defend balls into our box we can’t do it can we . Look at our GD.
Down vote all you bloody like., I couldn’t give a sh it … the fact is It’s our poor defending in our box, that will stitch us up.

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:38 - Mar 9 with 2676 viewsbilllm

Been saying for a while were flaky at the back,
Still a good season,
It's the goal difference is our problem,
Could have been top if Leicester win were probably playoffs
We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:41 - Mar 9 with 2580 viewsNeedhamChris

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:38 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

Yes but when the chips are down and we have to actually defend balls into our box we can’t do it can we . Look at our GD.
Down vote all you bloody like., I couldn’t give a sh it … the fact is It’s our poor defending in our box, that will stitch us up.

Our GD that's the 3rd best in the division as a newly promoted side? That GD?

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:41 - Mar 9 with 2551 viewsNthQldITFC

That's enough - div list

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:42 - Mar 9 with 2540 viewsNeedhamChris

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:37 - Mar 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Keiffer Moore would've been useful defending set pieces.

That's a fairer take, wouldn't have changed that either but can't win every week.

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:42 - Mar 9 with 2486 viewsArnieM

I’ve never strayed from the view our defence is our weakest aspect.

I’m No troll, I’m just stating how I see it . Just because you lot don’t share that view or like my opinion , well that’s tough shi 1 t frankly. I will post my view. You can down vote all you like. We can’t defend balls into our box very well, WHEN we are required to do so.

For 90% of that game Cardiff we’re happy to sit deep, and allow us possession to tippy tappy around in our half ( we’re no threat there)…. Then when they do decide to attack and push us into our box we can’t deal with it. Can’t you log bloody SEE that?
[Post edited 9 Mar 14:44]

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:43 - Mar 9 with 2432 viewsBlueBadger

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:41 - Mar 9 by NeedhamChris

Let's not bring facts into this, PLEASE.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:45 - Mar 9 with 2406 viewsITFCSG

A weak defence is one thing but why why why let Cardiff have all the ball after we scored? We usually don’t do that and look to press on. Piss poor game management cost us the game today. A very poor game again, first half and before Moore’s opener how many shots on goal did we have? Hopefully this is a wake up call for the team, too many of them have been going through the motions
We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:45 - Mar 9 with 2399 viewsbluejacko

Despite you all having a go he has got a point! We are where we are because we have the good habit of scoring more than the opposition! BUT we ARE very open at the back! Hdlaky has looked wobbly at times as well.
We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:46 - Mar 9 with 2396 viewschicoazul

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:38 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

What does stitch us up even mean? If the trade off for the football we play (which has, to remind you and the other hard of thinking, taken us from the bottom half of L1 to inches from the Premiership) is we will occasionally concede dumb goals then I’m all for it, especially since it seems to antagonise people like you so much.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:52 - Mar 9 with 2258 viewsParky

We concede a lot of goals, time for Edmundson to come in for Woolfenden I think.

Edit - Actually meant Woolf.
[Post edited 9 Mar 14:59]
We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:53 - Mar 9 with 2235 viewsArnieM

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:41 - Mar 9 by NeedhamChris

That’s because we score more goals …. But, when.we.are.asked.to.defend.we.are.weak. Teams allow us possession. So are not attacking us are they! Cardiff did for most of the game… as do numerous teams that sit back and deploy a block. My point is thus. When teams DO decide to attack and get the ball into our box, we do not deal with it very well. How many teams have scored against especially at PR, with practically their first shot on goal after we’ve had all the possession. It’s been the trend all season in my view. When we weren’t scoring goals after Hirst’s injury, we were still conceding.

I’m sorry people feel my view is incorrect, trolling, and not mainstream on here but it’s how I see it. The problem is the cyber bullies on here don’t like it when someone stands up and says something different from their view. It’s not easy posting on here snd getting the abuse I get … yes I give it back now, and I’m sorry if it offends, but it’s my view of how things are happening on the pitch.

Trust me I REALLY REALLY want Town promoted. We bloody deserve it snd we’ve played brilliantly all season, but for me, our defence is very suspect . That’s it.

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:53 - Mar 9 with 2233 viewsJimmy86

Whilst the OP's message is a bit extreme, I think it's fair to say that we do need to improve defensively, especially surrounding balls into our box.. yes, we're still 3rd, but it is that tight at the top that it could ultimately cost us, come the end of the season..

We do have bucket loads of resilience and have done unbelievably well this season, when all is said and done, but our approach has always been that we'll outscore the opposition, similar to the Royle days... All is not lost though, COYB!!
We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:56 - Mar 9 with 2208 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:42 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

I’m No troll, I’m just stating how I see it . Just because you lot don’t share that view or like my opinion , well that’s tough shi 1 t frankly. I will post my view. You can down vote all you like. We can’t defend balls into our box very well, WHEN we are required to do so.

For 90% of that game Cardiff we’re happy to sit deep, and allow us possession to tippy tappy around in our half ( we’re no threat there)…. Then when they do decide to attack and push us into our box we can’t deal with it. Can’t you log bloody SEE that?

As has repeatedly been pointed out to you, our defence is partly a consequence of how we play.

If you would prefer we conceded 35 goals and sat on 60 points in 5th, fair enough. However, the majority accept we are not the best defence in the division and occasionally throw a result away. We also accept that this has got us to 3rd place on 78 points, a point behind automatic promotion and 3 points off top.

Is there a single fan who would have turned our current position down if offered it on the opening day of the season?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:57 - Mar 9 with 2193 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:53 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

That’s because we score more goals …. But, when.we.are.asked.to.defend.we.are.weak. Teams allow us possession. So are not attacking us are they! Cardiff did for most of the game… as do numerous teams that sit back and deploy a block. My point is thus. When teams DO decide to attack and get the ball into our box, we do not deal with it very well. How many teams have scored against especially at PR, with practically their first shot on goal after we’ve had all the possession. It’s been the trend all season in my view. When we weren’t scoring goals after Hirst’s injury, we were still conceding.

I’m sorry people feel my view is incorrect, trolling, and not mainstream on here but it’s how I see it. The problem is the cyber bullies on here don’t like it when someone stands up and says something different from their view. It’s not easy posting on here snd getting the abuse I get … yes I give it back now, and I’m sorry if it offends, but it’s my view of how things are happening on the pitch.

Trust me I REALLY REALLY want Town promoted. We bloody deserve it snd we’ve played brilliantly all season, but for me, our defence is very suspect . That’s it.

Does it ever occur to you, when so many disagree with you and down-arrow you, that it might be you who's got it wrong?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:58 - Mar 9 with 2179 viewsChurchman

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:42 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

What I can SEE is a team that has done extraordinarily well this season regardless of what we did or didn’t do today. What I SEE is a massive points total with nine games remaining.

I’m as disappointed as anyone, but we lost and weren’t good enough today. It happens. It’s sport.

Obviously the dismals will be out in force, including the Elephant bloke. Whoopee, they’re emerging already.
We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:59 - Mar 9 with 2164 viewsJimmy86

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:56 - Mar 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

As has repeatedly been pointed out to you, our defence is partly a consequence of how we play.

If you would prefer we conceded 35 goals and sat on 60 points in 5th, fair enough. However, the majority accept we are not the best defence in the division and occasionally throw a result away. We also accept that this has got us to 3rd place on 78 points, a point behind automatic promotion and 3 points off top.

Is there a single fan who would have turned our current position down if offered it on the opening day of the season?

But, we should be trying to defend balls into our box better than that final 5 mins today, think that's fair to say.. a draw would have been a fair result.. to lose that, in the way we did is a massive kick in the nads!!
We CANT DEFEND!!! on 15:03 - Mar 9 with 2108 viewsArnieM

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:46 - Mar 9 by chicoazul

What does stitch us up even mean? If the trade off for the football we play (which has, to remind you and the other hard of thinking, taken us from the bottom half of L1 to inches from the Premiership) is we will occasionally concede dumb goals then I’m all for it, especially since it seems to antagonise people like you so much.

It’s because we give soft goals away ( in my view), time and again when we’ve been on top so much in games. It’s been a trend that I’ve seen through the season. The great sides through history have usually always had an almost water tight defence. So if they scored against you, you pretty well knew it was game over. “ one to the Arsenal” because once they scored that was it.

So my comment,(that our ability to concede when, at the oppositions first meaningful pressure on our box ), means for all our brilliant general play, and goals scored when we are called upon to actually defend, we are soft and will generally concede. Today we did it at the end of the game. For most part, we do it early in games. Then the stat of “most points won from losing positions”is banded about, when actually how many points were actually dropped due to poor flaky defending. Surely people can see both sides in the coin?? It will I fear ultimately “ stitch up” our automatic chances just because we can’t shut up shop.

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 15:08 - Mar 9 with 2066 viewsArnieM

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 14:56 - Mar 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

I’m sorry but I don’t accept because we attack we will inevitably concede. Were we attacking today when Cardiff scored? Defenders have a defensive job to do. It’s all good n fine to be part of the build up play. That’s not defending,(as I’ve tried so many times to differentiate to some on here). We lack the quality to defend when we are required to do so.

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 15:10 - Mar 9 with 2048 viewsNeedhamChris

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 15:08 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

I’m sorry but I don’t accept because we attack we will inevitably concede. Were we attacking today when Cardiff scored? Defenders have a defensive job to do. It’s all good n fine to be part of the build up play. That’s not defending,(as I’ve tried so many times to differentiate to some on here). We lack the quality to defend when we are required to do so.

Edit: I take that back. You're a town fan just like Frimmers
[Post edited 9 Mar 15:11]

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 15:11 - Mar 9 with 2030 viewsblueislander

We CANT DEFEND!!! on 15:03 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

It’s because we give soft goals away ( in my view), time and again when we’ve been on top so much in games. It’s been a trend that I’ve seen through the season. The great sides through history have usually always had an almost water tight defence. So if they scored against you, you pretty well knew it was game over. “ one to the Arsenal” because once they scored that was it.

So my comment,(that our ability to concede when, at the oppositions first meaningful pressure on our box ), means for all our brilliant general play, and goals scored when we are called upon to actually defend, we are soft and will generally concede. Today we did it at the end of the game. For most part, we do it early in games. Then the stat of “most points won from losing positions”is banded about, when actually how many points were actually dropped due to poor flaky defending. Surely people can see both sides in the coin?? It will I fear ultimately “ stitch up” our automatic chances just because we can’t shut up shop.

A serious question Arnie. What were your expectations at the start of the season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024