Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learned from last night 09:46 - Mar 6 with 1280 viewsnodge_blue

1. The ref. And his linesman. Come on....how many times did our man on the ball get a shove in the back? They found out they could get away with it and just carried on. Useless standard of refereeing yet again.

2. Burns was superb when he came on. There are games and fullbacks when he can just exploit his pace. He doesn't have the tricks of Hutchinson, but he doesn't always need them. Just pure pace caused the unlocking in the end.

3. Luongo starting was a surprise after being ill. He is not providing the outlet in the way Morsy does and Im pleased for Taylor coming on and doing well.

4. Bristol seemed more intense than us first half. They were sprinting to close down all the time and we looked a bit stuck in second gear. I don't know if we need to up that first half intensity or whether it does become a matter of conserving energy and waiting for them to tire.

5. I don't think Moore had his best game. He didn't secure the ball enough and seemed out of sync with the passes coming into him.

6. I don't like penalties when the player runs almost straight at the ball rather than from an angle. It feels like they have to hit it left as they cant open their bodies up enough to hit it right. I think that's what he did without seeing it back.

7. Editing this to finish on a positive. One of those nights that will live in the memory. Especially if we do go up.
[Post edited 6 Mar 9:48]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What we learned from last night on 09:49 - Mar 6 with 1221 viewshomer_123

Moreover, after about 70 mins, the Ref ended up giving every single little touch or push - after spending all the time before ignoring them.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What we learned from last night on 09:51 - Mar 6 with 1180 viewsnodge_blue

What we learned from last night on 09:49 - Mar 6 by homer_123

Moreover, after about 70 mins, the Ref ended up giving every single little touch or push - after spending all the time before ignoring them.

And didn't one of their guys just punch the ball out of the air once?

What we learned from last night on 09:52 - Mar 6 with 1178 viewsBuhrer

8) BLUE. AND. WHITE. ARMY is the song that will get the whole ground going.
[Post edited 6 Mar 9:52]
What we learned from last night on 09:52 - Mar 6 with 1180 viewsITFC_Forever

On your last point, it felt abit like the Port Vale home game from last season, with the late penalty etc.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What we learned from last night on 09:54 - Mar 6 with 1136 viewsnodge_blue

What we learned from last night on 09:52 - Mar 6 by ITFC_Forever

On your last point, it felt abit like the Port Vale home game from last season, with the late penalty etc.

even a touch of the Sheffield utds all those years ago. Though we had ten men that night....

What we learned from last night on 09:54 - Mar 6 with 1137 viewsGuthrum

I think the officials were reasonably even in letting stuff go, it just took us longer to cotton on and join in*, plus Bristol seemed more set up for that anyway.

That was why Hutchinson was so (unusually) ineffective. With two or three players around him, was constantly blocked or shoved off the ball. Burns has the extra little bit of strength and pace - plus experience - to overcome that, also the defenders were getting tired.

* Apart from Morsy, of course. He is tremendously street-wise.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What we learned from last night on 09:59 - Mar 6 with 1086 viewsnodge_blue

What we learned from last night on 09:54 - Mar 6 by Guthrum

I think the officials were reasonably even in letting stuff go, it just took us longer to cotton on and join in*, plus Bristol seemed more set up for that anyway.

That was why Hutchinson was so (unusually) ineffective. With two or three players around him, was constantly blocked or shoved off the ball. Burns has the extra little bit of strength and pace - plus experience - to overcome that, also the defenders were getting tired.

* Apart from Morsy, of course. He is tremendously street-wise.

Yeah but.

You cant let shoves in the back go like they are a legitimate part of the game. It wasn't shoulder to shoulder. It was straight into the back. That's just a foul.

What we learned from last night on 10:00 - Mar 6 with 1053 viewsGuthrum

What we learned from last night on 09:59 - Mar 6 by nodge_blue

Yeah but.

You cant let shoves in the back go like they are a legitimate part of the game. It wasn't shoulder to shoulder. It was straight into the back. That's just a foul.

Indeed. But we are at the mercy of the Ref's interpretation. Have to play what's there, rather than what should be.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

What we learned from last night on 10:01 - Mar 6 with 1046 viewsRobTheMonk

Morsy is superman.
What we learned from last night on 10:16 - Mar 6 with 944 viewsRyorry

What we learned from last night on 09:54 - Mar 6 by nodge_blue

even a touch of the Sheffield utds all those years ago. Though we had ten men that night....

Must admit pre-game I had serious doubts about the outcome for just that reason, feared a draw or even a defeat - Brizzle are basically a bunch of bruisers.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What we learned from last night on 10:26 - Mar 6 with 854 viewsBluespeed225

What we learned from last night on 09:52 - Mar 6 by Buhrer

8) BLUE. AND. WHITE. ARMY is the song that will get the whole ground going.
[Post edited 6 Mar 9:52]

You got that right! I looked around during a rendition and half The Cobbold were involved, same in The West. It’s the one.
What we learned from last night on 10:52 - Mar 6 with 766 viewsheavyweight

I thought Bristols press and energy in the first half would be unsustainable and it was fairly inevitable they would fade a bit in the last 20 - especially as they didn't really have a great deal on the bench to bring on.

Also nothing seemed to stick to Moore in the first half - possibly due to how closely attended he was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024