Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 22:48 - Mar 5 with 3788 viewsRyorry

Said Town TV. Anyone remember that/was there?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 16:49 - Mar 6 with 892 views_clive_baker_

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:32 - Mar 5 by pointofblue

I presume they mean in the second tier? Because we won eight in a row last season.

I was going to say, we definitely did it last season
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 16:55 - Mar 6 with 878 viewsRyorry

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 16:49 - Mar 6 by _clive_baker_

I was going to say, we definitely did it last season

I assume "at this level" (tho didn't hear the comm actually say that bit).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 21:04 - Mar 6 with 818 viewsFacefacts

Yes, remember it vaguely. Was at all those, I think. At Millwall we were right in the corner underneath the floodlight pylon. Team was in the original all orange Fisons away kit. I remember getting the train to Tranmere (Rock Ferry station?) Not many of us there, how things have changed! I think PhilTWTD used to sell the TWTD fanzine in those away days, at that time.

Looking back at my diary, we also needed a replay away at Hartlepool Utd to get through to the 4th Round against Liverpool. I remember seeing the team coach at Hartlepool and wishing John Wark 'good luck' as he got off the coach. Easily the most memorable game was the replay at Liverpool, probably the best ever, can remember the feeling when we went 2 - 1 up in Extra Time. And John Wark turning to wave to the Kop when he was substituted.
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 21:10 - Mar 6 with 807 viewsgainsboroughblue

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 21:04 - Mar 6 by Facefacts

Yes, remember it vaguely. Was at all those, I think. At Millwall we were right in the corner underneath the floodlight pylon. Team was in the original all orange Fisons away kit. I remember getting the train to Tranmere (Rock Ferry station?) Not many of us there, how things have changed! I think PhilTWTD used to sell the TWTD fanzine in those away days, at that time.

Looking back at my diary, we also needed a replay away at Hartlepool Utd to get through to the 4th Round against Liverpool. I remember seeing the team coach at Hartlepool and wishing John Wark 'good luck' as he got off the coach. Easily the most memorable game was the replay at Liverpool, probably the best ever, can remember the feeling when we went 2 - 1 up in Extra Time. And John Wark turning to wave to the Kop when he was substituted.

Close. We beat Bournemouth in a re-arranged match in the 4th round. Quite a big crowd for that as well as we got vouchers for the 5th round tie, which at that point we didn't even know for sure it would be against Liverpool as they hadn't played Bristol Rovers in their match yet.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 21:26 - Mar 6 with 790 viewsblueprint

I went to all apart from Tranmere.
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 21:37 - Mar 6 with 782 viewsmonty_radio

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 08:19 - Mar 6 by Leithblue

I was at Portsmouth, Plymouth and Watford. Absolutely mental scenes at the end of Watford, I think Whitton headed home a corner. Also remember the crowd not really celebrating first goal v Plymouth as obvious bad leg break for defender

I was there too, no header involved though

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 21:50 - Mar 6 with 775 viewsMelford

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:09 - Mar 5 by Illinoisblue

At all of them except Tranmere away. That was a beautiful season. And here we are…

Same here. I always have thought that 1991-92 was my favourite Town season. I missed about 6 games home and away that year. This season if we do it will trump that.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 08:42 - Mar 7 with 726 viewsLeithblue

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 21:37 - Mar 6 by monty_radio

oh yes! Right in front of us too wasn't it? Completely different to how I remember
Login to get fewer ads

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 09:07 - Mar 7 with 703 viewsChurchman

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 21:37 - Mar 6 by monty_radio

I had no recollection of the goal whatsoever other than it was very late in the game, despite being in the corner of the away end - the fetid stench of rotting stand, decades of p£ss and beer was slightly less there!

I did though remember the Watford miss at the end. I thought it’d gone in, having a poor view from where I was, and an ITFC fan stood up in the stand to the left and waved his arms with a smile to indicate it’d missed. Phew!

A good day.
[Post edited 7 Mar 9:40]
Anyone know last seven in a row during same season? on 09:14 - Mar 7 with 705 viewsDyland

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 11:30 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

Last seven in a row in the league at this level was five games at the end of 88/89 and two at the start of 89/90.

I mean in top or second div...
[Post edited 7 Mar 9:24]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 13:36 - Mar 7 with 657 viewsmonty_radio

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 09:07 - Mar 7 by Churchman

I had no recollection of the goal whatsoever other than it was very late in the game, despite being in the corner of the away end - the fetid stench of rotting stand, decades of p£ss and beer was slightly less there!

I did though remember the Watford miss at the end. I thought it’d gone in, having a poor view from where I was, and an ITFC fan stood up in the stand to the left and waved his arms with a smile to indicate it’d missed. Phew!

A good day.
[Post edited 7 Mar 9:40]

Did you also walk back through those allotments after the game, where there were several parked cars, and where several Town "hooligans", in their great delight and abandonment, walked across said cars via their bonnets and rooftops?
[Post edited 7 Mar 16:31]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Anyone know last seven in a row during same season? on 13:58 - Mar 7 with 648 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone know last seven in a row during same season? on 09:14 - Mar 7 by Dyland

I mean in top or second div...
[Post edited 7 Mar 9:24]

That was in the Second Division as was. The Duncan era oddly.
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 14:05 - Mar 7 with 645 viewsEuropablue

That was the first season I started going to matches with my Dad, and when we both started supporting Ipswich. I don't have very clear memories of it, but I definitely had that feeling of riding a wave that ultimately took us up and I have that same feeling now like we had last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024