Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? 09:06 - Mar 3 with 3058 viewsBlue_badge

All credit to the fans who go on such long journeys - this question is for them : on the basis of yesterday's game would you replace either Hutch or Jeremy with Whittaker?
Didn't hear much about Whittaker's contributions - was that our defenders owning him or just the reporting?
Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 10:17 - Mar 3 with 2780 viewsArchiRob

No -Hutchinson best for me out of all of them - such a high ceiling and has ice in his veins so cool and unpredictable, Love him despite the warning - never fall in love with a loanee, He solicits expectation and excitement every time he is on the ball - His turn on the ball today was exquisite.

Our defenders kept Whittaker from turning in from the byline, so any potential threat was prevented. His petulance when fouling Davies should have earned him a yellow card -more cynical than Hutchinson out muscling a much larger player who dropped to the ground like a cannon ball - Justice served his deflection for Chapper's goal.

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 10:20 - Mar 3 with 2758 viewspennblue

Whittaker is a great player and would be very welcome here I am sure, he tried yesterday, but looked a little out of sorts, maybe due to his gf / wife? being in hospital.

As for him replacing any of our players, well thats not happening. We have our squad for this season and we have to fully back them. Any such talk of replacing them is counter productive.

We don't know the full story but it does seem like we tried to poach him last year, and he chose Plymouth (fair play to him to show some loyalty to them), trouble is, he probably hates us now if we did try to do that, and were involved in anyway in that Swansea recall.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 11:52 - Mar 3 with 2542 viewsReusersTown

I just don't rate Whittaker at the fees being suggested. He scores eye catching goals but just doesn't have the overall game. I think anyone getting him at the 8-10m quoted is going to be ultimately.dissapointed. Hutchinson is hands down the best of the 3 both technically and tactically with what he can bring to a team, and younger.
Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 12:20 - Mar 3 with 2459 viewsazuremerlangus

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 10:20 - Mar 3 by pennblue

Whittaker is a great player and would be very welcome here I am sure, he tried yesterday, but looked a little out of sorts, maybe due to his gf / wife? being in hospital.

As for him replacing any of our players, well thats not happening. We have our squad for this season and we have to fully back them. Any such talk of replacing them is counter productive.

We don't know the full story but it does seem like we tried to poach him last year, and he chose Plymouth (fair play to him to show some loyalty to them), trouble is, he probably hates us now if we did try to do that, and were involved in anyway in that Swansea recall.

He was (allegedly) very disrespectful about us to his own fans after we approached Swansea about him last season. Whether true or not he didn’t look that great yesterday anyway - has an eye for a goal no doubt but didn’t offer much else. It will be interesting where he ends up.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 12:29 - Mar 3 with 2405 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He was poor yesterday but think we defended well.

But he has without doubt been one of the best players in the division this year.

I would absolutely swap him for Sarmiento ? Not sure that is even a question tbh.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 12:37 - Mar 3 with 2367 viewsbournemouthblue

Whittaker was quiet primarily but did cause a bit of trouble in Plymouth's furore forward, I think it was his ball in, which led to the shot blocked by Wolfie

We seemed to double up on him most of the time
[Post edited 3 Mar 12:41]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 12:39 - Mar 3 with 2360 viewsbournemouthblue

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 11:52 - Mar 3 by ReusersTown

I just don't rate Whittaker at the fees being suggested. He scores eye catching goals but just doesn't have the overall game. I think anyone getting him at the 8-10m quoted is going to be ultimately.dissapointed. Hutchinson is hands down the best of the 3 both technically and tactically with what he can bring to a team, and younger.

He's got good feet and is relatively big, I suspect he'd play the Chaplin role fairly well

He's a reasonable ball carrier too, he had a quiet game but still was involved in some of their most dangerous chances none the less

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 13:19 - Mar 3 with 2198 viewsVegtablue

Their two best players (Hardie and Morgan) were their two "worst" yesterday, certainly their least involved, which may be of concern to them if a developing pattern. They lost the midfield battle badly and so there was very little service. He lost his battles when he did have it though, to our credit.

Whittaker's been a cut above most attacking players in the league this season but Hutch is now in full stride, he's a pleasure to watch.
Login to get fewer ads

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 13:19 - Mar 3 with 2197 viewsBiGDonnie

I like Whittaker and think we should look at him if we go up, only if we can't get Omari back.

Omari is streets ahead of them both IMO.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 14:21 - Mar 3 with 2026 viewsChurchman

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 13:19 - Mar 3 by BiGDonnie

I like Whittaker and think we should look at him if we go up, only if we can't get Omari back.

Omari is streets ahead of them both IMO.

I think it’s a measure of how much improved Omari is that in the autumn when Plymouth played at PR, I’d have swapped Whittaker for him in a heartbeat. Not now. Omari is the more dangerous of the two.

However, despite being subdued yesterday, I think Whittaker is a smashing player who’d do well with us if he wanted to be here and we could afford him.
Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 15:19 - Mar 3 with 1895 viewsWickets

Big difference is Whittaker is Plymouth's players our 2 are loans ! ATM .
Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 15:53 - Mar 3 with 1823 viewsMeadowlark

Omari was untouchable yesterday, except by the ref!! Not sure what those free-kicks against him were for in the first half?
I love that little flick he does with his back foot when changing direction....
Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 16:35 - Mar 3 with 1732 viewsBiGDonnie

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 14:21 - Mar 3 by Churchman

I think it’s a measure of how much improved Omari is that in the autumn when Plymouth played at PR, I’d have swapped Whittaker for him in a heartbeat. Not now. Omari is the more dangerous of the two.

However, despite being subdued yesterday, I think Whittaker is a smashing player who’d do well with us if he wanted to be here and we could afford him.

Another one from Plymouth we could look at would be Cooper if/when we go up.

COYBs

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 19:53 - Mar 3 with 1483 viewsReusersTown

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 15:19 - Mar 3 by Wickets

Big difference is Whittaker is Plymouth's players our 2 are loans ! ATM .

Surely makes the question more pertinent not less.
Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 07:21 - Mar 4 with 1153 viewsITFC_Forever

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 16:35 - Mar 3 by BiGDonnie

Another one from Plymouth we could look at would be Cooper if/when we go up.

He’s not an upgrade on Vaz or Walton, so no.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 09:13 - Mar 4 with 1004 viewsBiGDonnie

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 07:21 - Mar 4 by ITFC_Forever

I'd say he is. Younger too.

COYBs

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 09:51 - Mar 4 with 921 viewstractorboy1978

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 13:19 - Mar 3 by Vegtablue

Their two best players (Hardie and Morgan) were their two "worst" yesterday, certainly their least involved, which may be of concern to them if a developing pattern. They lost the midfield battle badly and so there was very little service. He lost his battles when he did have it though, to our credit.

Whittaker's been a cut above most attacking players in the league this season but Hutch is now in full stride, he's a pleasure to watch.

I thought Plymouth were pretty dreadful to be honest. I appreciate we've improved markedly over the past 12 months or so but they looked a costume of the team we played twice last season and earlier this season. Schumacher leaving doesn't seem to have worked out for either party.
Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 10:00 - Mar 4 with 894 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hutchinson, Sarmiento ... or Whittaker? on 07:21 - Mar 4 by ITFC_Forever

He is a better keeper than both I think. but seems to be quite injury prone would be my concern.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024