Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any collectors on here 16:47 - Mar 1 with 6068 viewsgtsb1966

of anything really. I collect WW1 militaria but would be interested to hear what other people collect and the prices they have paid, rarities etc.
Any collectors on here on 18:15 - Mar 1 with 3143 viewsBluespeed225

It was soul vinyl, sold that off , bit of ITFC stuff, but, if 6 is a collection, Saul Bass film posters. Got to be original mind! The best one was 3 times what I told the Wife! She likes them which helps. but male collections are sometimes difficult to display/store. How do you get on?
Any collectors on here on 18:17 - Mar 1 with 3141 viewsford6600

Started to collect those shot glasses with Derby and Grand National winners on, recently saw some at £5 each in antique centre. Also bought a bundle of seaside humour post cards a few years back, mostly Bamforth so starting to collect them. Latest interest Pub beer pump labels, the Cotleigh ones are very good. Nothing ww1 but have found some artefacts including trench craft aluminium with names of towns on front line engraved on it.
Any collectors on here on 18:21 - Mar 1 with 3124 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have a very large collection of US Marvel comics. An almost unbroken run of Amazing Spider-Man from 1963 to 2005 when it became far too time consuming to keep up. Same with the Avengers, Daredevil, X-Men and other lesser known titles.

Worth a few quid as it goes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Any collectors on here on 18:23 - Mar 1 with 3119 viewsMK1

I have a few trench art pieces and also murano glass.
Any collectors on here on 18:45 - Mar 1 with 3091 viewsmutters

Retro video games. Been doing it for a number of years now, have a fairly decent collection but also make some cash from it by selling the bits that I don't need. Main focus is on the SNES and N64 consoles

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Any collectors on here on 18:55 - Mar 1 with 3065 viewsgtsb1966

Any collectors on here on 18:15 - Mar 1 by Bluespeed225

It was soul vinyl, sold that off , bit of ITFC stuff, but, if 6 is a collection, Saul Bass film posters. Got to be original mind! The best one was 3 times what I told the Wife! She likes them which helps. but male collections are sometimes difficult to display/store. How do you get on?

Thankfully we have separate bank accounts so that's how I get on .
Any collectors on here on 19:03 - Mar 1 with 3055 viewsChondzoresk

Being a dealer of fine art I can assure you I have many interesting pieces. Ranging from a 17th blackjack water bottle from the Battle of Tippermuir 1644 (English Civil War) to local artists such as Thomas Smythe and to a Benin bronze Medicine Man’s Bag. Circa 1890…..plus everything in between.
Any collectors on here on 19:04 - Mar 1 with 3040 viewsChondzoresk

And Chondzoresk Rugs…..see Avatar….thats a Chondzoresk Rug.
Login to get fewer ads

Any collectors on here on 19:13 - Mar 1 with 3011 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any collectors on here on 18:21 - Mar 1 by GlasgowBlue

I have a very large collection of US Marvel comics. An almost unbroken run of Amazing Spider-Man from 1963 to 2005 when it became far too time consuming to keep up. Same with the Avengers, Daredevil, X-Men and other lesser known titles.

Worth a few quid as it goes.

Miss Slave has her dad's collection of Crow comics and other memorabilia plus some Japanese stuff plus the entire Crisis comic collection.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Any collectors on here on 19:14 - Mar 1 with 3003 viewsChurchman

The WW1 militaries sounds fascinating. WW1 is a subject that interests me a lot. I don’t really collect stuff.

If we go on a trip we always try and find something for the Christmas tree from there. We’ve been doing this for decades and it has become a once a year memory tree. We have stuff from everywhere from Afghanistan to Vienna to Worcester. Just cheap stuff - small odds and ends.
Any collectors on here on 19:16 - Mar 1 with 2984 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any collectors on here on 19:04 - Mar 1 by Chondzoresk

And Chondzoresk Rugs…..see Avatar….thats a Chondzoresk Rug.

Miss Slave says "yes please" She loves a good rug.

Any collectors on here on 20:11 - Mar 1 with 2880 viewsgtsb1966

Any collectors on here on 19:14 - Mar 1 by Churchman

The WW1 militaries sounds fascinating. WW1 is a subject that interests me a lot. I don’t really collect stuff.

If we go on a trip we always try and find something for the Christmas tree from there. We’ve been doing this for decades and it has become a once a year memory tree. We have stuff from everywhere from Afghanistan to Vienna to Worcester. Just cheap stuff - small odds and ends.

I went on a WW1 tour to the Western Front and have been hooked since. My favourite piece I own is a piece of fabric (camouflage lozenge) from a German bi-plane framed in its original frame from 1918.
Any collectors on here on 20:24 - Mar 1 with 2855 viewsgtsb1966

Any collectors on here on 18:23 - Mar 1 by MK1

I have a few trench art pieces and also murano glass.

Shell cases are very popular and so are the bases of the shells made into officers caps.
[Post edited 1 Mar 20:24]
Any collectors on here on 20:44 - Mar 1 with 2815 viewsBluespeed225

Sitting here I forgot about the Whitefriars glass! Very 1960's, and I think you could get it in Woolies back then! And a few 50's/60's toy robots dotted around. I would like to go in for Gerry Anderson stuff, , but I also don't like clutter, something would have to go!
Any collectors on here on 20:54 - Mar 1 with 2780 viewsjontysnut

The odd first edition myself, but a pal died recently and his family are having to dispose of

Nearly every Man City programme from WW2 on
A collection of Belle Vue Aces speedway stuff
A complete set of Giles annuals
A collection of PG Wodehouse
Every Good Beer Guide
Railwayana
Boxes of (full) commemorative beer bottles
A collection of first copies of magazines/papers
A collection of Times newspaper notable events
Beermats

He used to joke that he expected the family to bung it all in a skip when he went but there is some highly collectable stuff in there. As you can guess from his collecting, he was good company!
Any collectors on here on 20:55 - Mar 1 with 2776 viewsgtsb1966

Any collectors on here on 20:44 - Mar 1 by Bluespeed225

Sitting here I forgot about the Whitefriars glass! Very 1960's, and I think you could get it in Woolies back then! And a few 50's/60's toy robots dotted around. I would like to go in for Gerry Anderson stuff, , but I also don't like clutter, something would have to go!

Anderson stuff in boxes can't be cheap.
Any collectors on here on 21:58 - Mar 1 with 2729 viewsChurchman

Any collectors on here on 20:11 - Mar 1 by gtsb1966

I went on a WW1 tour to the Western Front and have been hooked since. My favourite piece I own is a piece of fabric (camouflage lozenge) from a German bi-plane framed in its original frame from 1918.

I really ought to do that. My grandfather served and I know where he was within 50 yards on the first day of the battle of the Somme. But all I have is his letters from France (the lace ones).

Lozenge pattern was pretty much factory issue for a lot of WW1 German aircraft. The pattern itself varied between manufacturers and over time, paint availability being a factor. Do you know what type the fabric came from?

Varnished fuselages were also standard factory in many instances. Bright colours and individuality was more the perogative of fighter squadrons (Jastas) as for them individuality and in flight recognition were often a priority, especially for aces with better aircraft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lozenge_camouflage

The RFC tended to use strut ribbons for leaders though some, such as Albert Ball might ad£ a spinner and paint the nose or add a motive or name.
[Post edited 1 Mar 22:08]
Any collectors on here on 22:36 - Mar 1 with 2687 viewsgtsb1966

Any collectors on here on 21:58 - Mar 1 by Churchman

I really ought to do that. My grandfather served and I know where he was within 50 yards on the first day of the battle of the Somme. But all I have is his letters from France (the lace ones).

Lozenge pattern was pretty much factory issue for a lot of WW1 German aircraft. The pattern itself varied between manufacturers and over time, paint availability being a factor. Do you know what type the fabric came from?

Varnished fuselages were also standard factory in many instances. Bright colours and individuality was more the perogative of fighter squadrons (Jastas) as for them individuality and in flight recognition were often a priority, especially for aces with better aircraft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lozenge_camouflage

The RFC tended to use strut ribbons for leaders though some, such as Albert Ball might ad£ a spinner and paint the nose or add a motive or name.
[Post edited 1 Mar 22:08]

Mine is GERMANIA FLUGZEUGWERK WERKE, 1918 and the piece I have is their initials. The centre is like the Mercedes logo. It's different from the standard lozenge as it is one piece placed amongst the standard lozenge of that particular plane. It is varnished. Not particularly valuable but just a favourite piece because of its rarity. I did the tour with Leger holidays. Their guides were excellent. The last post at The Menin Gate is something else. Ypres is a beautiful city with lots of restaurants overlooking the cathedral. Tyne Cot cemetery is unbelievable.
[Post edited 1 Mar 23:02]
Any collectors on here on 23:52 - Mar 1 with 2610 viewsChurchman

Any collectors on here on 22:36 - Mar 1 by gtsb1966

Mine is GERMANIA FLUGZEUGWERK WERKE, 1918 and the piece I have is their initials. The centre is like the Mercedes logo. It's different from the standard lozenge as it is one piece placed amongst the standard lozenge of that particular plane. It is varnished. Not particularly valuable but just a favourite piece because of its rarity. I did the tour with Leger holidays. Their guides were excellent. The last post at The Menin Gate is something else. Ypres is a beautiful city with lots of restaurants overlooking the cathedral. Tyne Cot cemetery is unbelievable.
[Post edited 1 Mar 23:02]

I’ve been to Tyne Cot, Passchendaele Ridge and Ypres and roamed around the area with my battlefield books - it’s as flat as can be and a knowledgeable guide is essential. A must do for me.

Germanic Flugzeugwerke is not a company I’d heard of. Apparently they were closed in 1922, having started in;1914. There’s a book on Amazon about the company that may help. It’s a great artefact and I fully understand why you treasure it. I would in your shoes.

The air war in WW1 is fascinating as is the rate of development of aircraft, uses and tactics. Talk about a dangerous occupation.
Any collectors on here on 06:15 - Mar 2 with 2512 viewsElephantintheRoom

Where to start?

I have a larger collection of Le Mans slot cars that are still in their boxes in boxes in the attic awaiting the market to appreciate their collectability.

A collection of ´cased fish’ in the man room. For some vaguely unfathomable reason these are now too expensive to add to the collection.

A small collection of antique split cane fly rods which I don’t use as much now they are trendy

And a very large collection of ye olde fishing books which are an interesting insight into social history and a changed world

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Any collectors on here on 08:04 - Mar 2 with 2458 viewsgtsb1966

Any collectors on here on 06:15 - Mar 2 by ElephantintheRoom

Where to start?

I have a larger collection of Le Mans slot cars that are still in their boxes in boxes in the attic awaiting the market to appreciate their collectability.

A collection of ´cased fish’ in the man room. For some vaguely unfathomable reason these are now too expensive to add to the collection.

A small collection of antique split cane fly rods which I don’t use as much now they are trendy

And a very large collection of ye olde fishing books which are an interesting insight into social history and a changed world

I bet the cased fish are worth a pretty penny if you sold them. Probably some age too.
Any collectors on here on 08:06 - Mar 2 with 2451 viewsgtsb1966

Any collectors on here on 23:52 - Mar 1 by Churchman

I’ve been to Tyne Cot, Passchendaele Ridge and Ypres and roamed around the area with my battlefield books - it’s as flat as can be and a knowledgeable guide is essential. A must do for me.

Germanic Flugzeugwerke is not a company I’d heard of. Apparently they were closed in 1922, having started in;1914. There’s a book on Amazon about the company that may help. It’s a great artefact and I fully understand why you treasure it. I would in your shoes.

The air war in WW1 is fascinating as is the rate of development of aircraft, uses and tactics. Talk about a dangerous occupation.

I'll get that book. Many thanks.
Any collectors on here on 08:32 - Mar 2 with 2413 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any collectors on here on 06:15 - Mar 2 by ElephantintheRoom

Where to start?

Fair to say you do a lot of fishing!

Any collectors on here on 08:40 - Mar 2 with 2395 viewsgtsb1966

Any collectors on here on 23:52 - Mar 1 by Churchman

I've just purchased a Picklehaube helmet and an English, German and French grenade. I bet the postman would've been careful if he knew what he was delivering!!. All deactivated of course.
Any collectors on here on 08:43 - Mar 2 with 2388 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I collect points.

Mr. K. McKenna.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024