Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Geordies after Leif Davis.... 09:53 - Feb 28 with 2978 viewsPippin1970

It's his boyhood club as well. Really hope we get promoted as br huge asset in Premiership.
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 09:57 - Feb 28 with 2923 viewstractorboy1978

They've got a £40m commitment to buy Lewis Hall from Chelsea in the summer.
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 09:57 - Feb 28 with 2924 viewsRobTheMonk

If we go up he stays, if we stay in the Championship I imagine we'll get 10 million plus which is good business and allows us to hopefully reinvest.
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 09:59 - Feb 28 with 2887 viewsStokieBlue

Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 09:57 - Feb 28 by RobTheMonk

If we go up he stays, if we stay in the Championship I imagine we'll get 10 million plus which is good business and allows us to hopefully reinvest.

I would think we would get significantly more than 10m looking at the fees Blackburn and Bristol have managed to get for their best players this season.

We won't need to sell ourselves short if the situation arises.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:10 - Feb 28 with 2779 viewsBloots

…so far I expect we’ll either get a nominal fee for him, or just cancel his contract to allow him to move on.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 10:24 - Feb 28 with 2634 viewsSimonds92

£10m good business?! We would have had our pants pulled down if he goes for that.
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 10:26 - Feb 28 with 2607 viewsketton_itfc

Double it!
Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:26 - Feb 28 with 2601 viewsNedPlimpton

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:10 - Feb 28 by Bloots

…so far I expect we’ll either get a nominal fee for him, or just cancel his contract to allow him to move on.

Didn't Ashton get us a million for Dozzell?
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 10:34 - Feb 28 with 2509 viewsBiGDonnie

£10m would get his left foot.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:40 - Feb 28 with 2437 viewsjayessess

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:26 - Feb 28 by NedPlimpton

Yeah, think Ashton's record as a salesman is more untested than bad as it stands.

There's a myth amongst football fans that lots of clubs can generate significant capital by selling unwanted fringe players but it isn't really true. Unless you're in the Premier League, generally speaking players you don't want are heading to clubs without much money to fund wages and transfer fees. Mix in that most of the players you're trying to sell by definition haven't played much recently and generally have a well-defined ceiling, it's rare that you're going to recoup much.

Dozzell and Downes are the only two upward sales we've made since Ashton was in post and both were good fees in the circumstances for me. Other than that, I think all our best sales will be youths (Simpson, Chirewa, Gibbs).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 10:48 - Feb 28 with 2325 viewsDinDjarin

Not sure he would go for anything less than 20mill as we do not need to sell.

The modern game is all about fullbacks and the fact he is a lefty and has the highest assists over 2 seasons anything less than that and we have had our pants pulled down.
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 10:55 - Feb 28 with 2244 viewsLeoMuff

If we don’t go up I would be surprised indeed if Leif is around next season, not least because we will need funds to strengthen and stay in FFP and £15 mill plus is too good to turn down.

If the worst happened anyone seen much of Harrison Burrows at posh ? Left sided defender with second most assists in league 1, possible replacement ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:55 - Feb 28 with 2241 viewsLeaky

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:10 - Feb 28 by Bloots

I thought Marcus Evans had sold the club perhaps I'm dreaming, will wake up to a nightmare.
Nah his right foot on 10:56 - Feb 28 with 2228 viewsDyland

Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 10:34 - Feb 28 by BiGDonnie

£10m would get his left foot.

Left is £25m. So £35m is his market value innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:57 - Feb 28 with 2206 viewsPhilTWTD

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:26 - Feb 28 by NedPlimpton

That was the buyout clause in the deal Andre signed earlier that season. I suspect Town would have wanted more for him if they could have got it.
Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:58 - Feb 28 with 2205 viewsfarkenhell

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:40 - Feb 28 by jayessess

Yeah, think Ashton's record as a salesman is more untested than bad as it stands.

There's a myth amongst football fans that lots of clubs can generate significant capital by selling unwanted fringe players but it isn't really true. Unless you're in the Premier League, generally speaking players you don't want are heading to clubs without much money to fund wages and transfer fees. Mix in that most of the players you're trying to sell by definition haven't played much recently and generally have a well-defined ceiling, it's rare that you're going to recoup much.

Dozzell and Downes are the only two upward sales we've made since Ashton was in post and both were good fees in the circumstances for me. Other than that, I think all our best sales will be youths (Simpson, Chirewa, Gibbs).

Remember that he bought Webster from us for a song, then sold him 12 months later for a huge profit. That's a good benchmark for me.

Perhaps the Bristol City fans ought to remember that!
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 11:09 - Feb 28 with 2090 viewsWestSussexBlue

Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 10:48 - Feb 28 by DinDjarin

Not sure he would go for anything less than 20mill as we do not need to sell.

The modern game is all about fullbacks and the fact he is a lefty and has the highest assists over 2 seasons anything less than that and we have had our pants pulled down.

Not sure we’d be in the “don’t need to sell” territory.
Ultimately we’d have to sell to reinvest much as we did when we let Kieron Dyer go, also with Lief approaching 25 he’s going to want to test himself at Premier league sooner rather than later.
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 11:44 - Feb 28 with 1820 viewsGlasgowBlue

If we get promoted it will ad another £5-10 million on his value.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 11:48 - Feb 28 with 1799 viewsPhilTWTD

Whether there is something in it, and I would guess Newcastle is probably too big a club to be interested in him at present, then we'd want £20m plus.
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 11:53 - Feb 28 with 1746 viewsSmithersJones

Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 11:09 - Feb 28 by WestSussexBlue

Not sure we’d be in the “don’t need to sell” territory.
Ultimately we’d have to sell to reinvest much as we did when we let Kieron Dyer go, also with Lief approaching 25 he’s going to want to test himself at Premier league sooner rather than later.

Plus, I don’t think a second good Championship season will significantly add to his value (but an average one could reduce it).
Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 12:22 - Feb 28 with 1516 viewsFreddies_Ears

Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 10:55 - Feb 28 by LeoMuff

If we don’t go up I would be surprised indeed if Leif is around next season, not least because we will need funds to strengthen and stay in FFP and £15 mill plus is too good to turn down.

If the worst happened anyone seen much of Harrison Burrows at posh ? Left sided defender with second most assists in league 1, possible replacement ?

Good call. Close a 3m deal for the second best LB in the EFL, bank the remaining 12m to strengthen in 2 or 3 other positions.
Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 12:30 - Feb 28 with 1446 viewstextbackup

Going by Ashton’s “player trading”…. on 10:58 - Feb 28 by farkenhell

Remember that he bought Webster from us for a song, then sold him 12 months later for a huge profit. That's a good benchmark for me.

Perhaps the Bristol City fans ought to remember that!

The thought of MA dealing with ME just makes me laugh

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Geordies after Leif Davis.... on 12:33 - Feb 28 with 1412 viewsJ2BLUE

He's 24 so a Prem team could give him a 5 year deal and amortise the fee over the length of the contract. Then loan him out to a Prem club to cover his wages. I hate to say it but it seems an absolute no brainer for a Prem club to sign him for £15-20m.

If he has a successful season in the Prem his value would skyrocket. In the unlikely event he doesn't, he can drop down to the Championship and prove himself again. Seems like a great cheap punt with massive upside.

Hopefully we get a bidding war, a chunky sell on and top ups for England etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024