Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The biggest mystery of the season... 08:15 - Feb 27 with 2573 viewsRobTheMonk

How the fudge does Chappers keep getting on the end of corners?!
The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:18 - Feb 27 with 2160 viewsNumber22

Because he's vertically challenged, he is often left unmarked by opposition players, they'll concentrate on Moore/Hirst/Wooflie leaving him to BANG.
The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:19 - Feb 27 with 2151 viewsredrickstuhaart

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:18 - Feb 27 by Number22

Because he's vertically challenged, he is often left unmarked by opposition players, they'll concentrate on Moore/Hirst/Wooflie leaving him to BANG.

Moore in particular was attractring two defenders at the weekend. A presence like that makes space.
The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:26 - Feb 27 with 2098 viewsearlsgreenblue

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:19 - Feb 27 by redrickstuhaart

Moore in particular was attractring two defenders at the weekend. A presence like that makes space.

Yes he did & was being held also grabbed the other marker momentarily taking two out hence Chappers having room!
The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:30 - Feb 27 with 2062 viewsfarkenhell

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:26 - Feb 27 by earlsgreenblue

Yes he did & was being held also grabbed the other marker momentarily taking two out hence Chappers having room!

Yes I spotted that as well. Clever.
The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:37 - Feb 27 with 2021 viewsHerbivore

It's devilishly simple, Chappers just holds his position. The set pieces we find him from are invariably from the left where Davis naturally swings it outwards. The forwards and defenders all tend to start off between the penalty spot and the edge of the box and then our forwards move in to attack the 6 yard box dragging the defenders with them. Chappers just holds his position around 10 yards out and often his marker has been pulled away. It makes it an easy delivery for Davis because he is effectively aiming at a single static target, either along the ground or about 5 foot above it. I'm sure Chappers feints to move in too, steps in and then steps out again, but the overall effect is that he doesn't move. We can't really do the same routine from the other side as Davis is swinging it in and the players are already positioned closer to goal or making near post runs and it's harder to make the space and find Chappers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:38 - Feb 27 with 2014 viewscatch74

Did Morsy score from the edge of the penalty area from a corner earlier in the season? Waiting for another of those whilst teams concentrate on Moore, Burgess, Chappers etc.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:45 - Feb 27 with 1980 viewsStewart27

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:38 - Feb 27 by catch74

Did Morsy score from the edge of the penalty area from a corner earlier in the season? Waiting for another of those whilst teams concentrate on Moore, Burgess, Chappers etc.

It was from a free kick routine not too far in from the corner against Rotherham away.
The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:52 - Feb 27 with 1931 viewsWeWereZombies

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:19 - Feb 27 by redrickstuhaart

I noticed that and later in the game when Tuanzebe went up for corners he was getting the attention of a couple of Brum defenders as well, that's over a third of their team taken out by two of our players.
[Post edited 27 Feb 9:07]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

The biggest mystery of the season... on 09:01 - Feb 27 with 1890 viewsRobTheMonk

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:37 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

It's devilishly simple, Chappers just holds his position. The set pieces we find him from are invariably from the left where Davis naturally swings it outwards. The forwards and defenders all tend to start off between the penalty spot and the edge of the box and then our forwards move in to attack the 6 yard box dragging the defenders with them. Chappers just holds his position around 10 yards out and often his marker has been pulled away. It makes it an easy delivery for Davis because he is effectively aiming at a single static target, either along the ground or about 5 foot above it. I'm sure Chappers feints to move in too, steps in and then steps out again, but the overall effect is that he doesn't move. We can't really do the same routine from the other side as Davis is swinging it in and the players are already positioned closer to goal or making near post runs and it's harder to make the space and find Chappers.

I'm amazed that it keeps happening! It feels like every game Chappers gets on the end of a corner or free kick from a wide area. You'd think teams would just stick someone in and around him by now haha.
The biggest mystery of the season... on 09:16 - Feb 27 with 1835 viewsBasuco

For one chance, Keiffer was marked by two defenders, he just moved both of them out of the way to clear a path for Chappers. Shame it went straight to Ruddy. I suppose not many teams tend to aim high balls to the smallest guy on the pitch. Leif's fantastic delivery to him helps a bit as well.
The biggest mystery of the season... on 09:21 - Feb 27 with 1806 viewscatch74

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:45 - Feb 27 by Stewart27

It was from a free kick routine not too far in from the corner against Rotherham away.

Thank you.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The biggest mystery of the season... on 09:45 - Feb 27 with 1739 viewsKeno

Now I believe the answer to this is fairly simple and something no one spotted.

You know Mck is a bit of a wizard & Pert have that laptop they look at, well at certain times in a game there is a button on there that they press that makes Chappers invisible

its magic you know

like Jeremy Sarmiento

Hey that would also make quote a good song

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

He was 6/1 to score from a header…. on 10:20 - Feb 27 with 1678 viewsBloots

….on Saturday.

The same price as Kieffer Moore.

True story.

I appreciate this doesn’t answer your question though.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The biggest mystery of the season... on 10:22 - Feb 27 with 1666 viewshomer_123

Men only look at things at eye level - never look up or down.

Hence no one spots Chappers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The biggest mystery of the season... on 10:30 - Feb 27 with 1615 viewsChorleyBoy

The biggest mystery of the season... on 10:22 - Feb 27 by homer_123

Men only look at things at eye level - never look up or down.

Hence no one spots Chappers.

"Men only look at things at eye level - never look up or down."

Not in my case.
The biggest mystery of the season... on 10:37 - Feb 27 with 1576 viewsChorleyBoy

The biggest mystery of the season... on 08:37 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

Whether a player moves or not isn't going to change how Leif strikes the ball from the corner, he'll still have a pre-determined target. Right?
He was 6/1 to score from a header…. on 11:02 - Feb 27 with 1504 viewsSitfcB

He was 6/1 to score from a header…. on 10:20 - Feb 27 by Bloots

….on Saturday.

The same price as Kieffer Moore.

True story.

I appreciate this doesn’t answer your question though.

Moore was 10/3 on SkyBet

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The biggest mystery of the season... on 11:08 - Feb 27 with 1473 viewsHerbivore

The biggest mystery of the season... on 10:37 - Feb 27 by ChorleyBoy

Whether a player moves or not isn't going to change how Leif strikes the ball from the corner, he'll still have a pre-determined target. Right?

They do signals I imagine. He can't aim for Chappers every time as it's too predictable so we mix it up with more traditional balls into the mixer, some near post flicks etc. but the ball to Chaplin is a good option. It'd be interesting to see whether Chappers always holds his position or whether it's only on certain ones.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There are some dark arts being practiced at corners on 11:15 - Feb 27 with 1456 viewsDyland

Elevated in effectiveness by Moore’s arrival.

It’s marvellous to see, and we really aren’t a soft touch any more. I can imagine oppo players and staff, and fans who can see it can’t stand us, arf.

Oh, and what Kenners writes. Literal magic .

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

There are some dark arts being practiced at corners on 11:45 - Feb 27 with 1380 viewsKeno

There are some dark arts being practiced at corners on 11:15 - Feb 27 by Dyland

Elevated in effectiveness by Moore’s arrival.

It’s marvellous to see, and we really aren’t a soft touch any more. I can imagine oppo players and staff, and fans who can see it can’t stand us, arf.

Oh, and what Kenners writes. Literal magic .

Dyllers you have touched me with your post

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The biggest mystery of the season... on 12:03 - Feb 27 with 1313 viewstextbackup

The big lumps block people off, he strolls into space giggling

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The biggest mystery of the season... on 12:06 - Feb 27 with 1303 viewstextbackup

The biggest mystery of the season... on 11:08 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

They do signals I imagine. He can't aim for Chappers every time as it's too predictable so we mix it up with more traditional balls into the mixer, some near post flicks etc. but the ball to Chaplin is a good option. It'd be interesting to see whether Chappers always holds his position or whether it's only on certain ones.

Vs Preston (a) we attempted that cut back to Chaplin (from a leif corner) failed terribly. When they work they are great though.
[Post edited 27 Feb 22:48]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The biggest mystery of the season... on 12:23 - Feb 27 with 1214 viewscbower

Seemingly by standing still at times. Really should have buried that header on Saturday.

bluescouser

The biggest mystery of the season... on 12:24 - Feb 27 with 1203 viewsbournemouthblue

I think we are also very good at blocking defenders off, freeing up Chappers

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

There are some dark arts being practiced at corners on 12:27 - Feb 27 with 1187 viewsPendejo

There are some dark arts being practiced at corners on 11:45 - Feb 27 by Keno

Dyllers you have touched me with your post

Is that a euphemism?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024