Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Venus Appreciation Thread 23:49 - Feb 24 with 1405 viewsMach_foreignBlue

All about Mogga for the obvious reasons. But lets not forget about Veno.

His 3 best moments for Town:

1. His pass at Wembley which led to the Stewarts header.
2. Southampton 3-3 away and his screamer
3. And obviously a White Hart Lane free-kick.
Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 23:52 - Feb 24 with 1361 viewsredrickstuhaart

Always have slight discomfort and reservations about him given the drink driving stuff. But certainly, he was a good servant for the club.
Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 23:53 - Feb 24 with 1340 viewsbournemouthblue

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 23:52 - Feb 24 by redrickstuhaart

Always have slight discomfort and reservations about him given the drink driving stuff. But certainly, he was a good servant for the club.

Had a rocket of a left foot too

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 23:54 - Feb 24 with 1350 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He scored the first goal I saw at an Ipswich away match.

Huddersfield 1998 as a kid, anyone remember it? Johnson grabbed a late equalizer.

Also enjoyed him scoring the winner at Maine Road in ET during our 99/00 League cup run that Christmas. Dipped out of school a bit early for that one. The old gal was there with the bell, my dad said used to go every game with city for decades. Assume she might not be around these days for Man City’s more recent success.
Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 23:57 - Feb 24 with 1313 viewsPerublue

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 23:54 - Feb 24 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He scored the first goal I saw at an Ipswich away match.

Huddersfield 1998 as a kid, anyone remember it? Johnson grabbed a late equalizer.

Also enjoyed him scoring the winner at Maine Road in ET during our 99/00 League cup run that Christmas. Dipped out of school a bit early for that one. The old gal was there with the bell, my dad said used to go every game with city for decades. Assume she might not be around these days for Man City’s more recent success.

Helen the bell passed in 2005 at the age of 85

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 23:59 - Feb 24 with 1287 viewsTrequartista

One of the few players in the 2001/02 season to replicate their form from 2000/01.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 00:02 - Feb 25 with 1274 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 23:57 - Feb 24 by Perublue

Helen the bell passed in 2005 at the age of 85

Thanks! So seeing here outside Maine Road 5-6 years before she passed was a bit of city history from yesteryear then!

I remember her sitting outside ringing it shouting Merry Christmas. Pretty sure the game might have been called off the week before, I only went to the rearranged fixture. I’m sure Venus did score the winner that night, maybe from a Weaver mistake.
[Post edited 25 Feb 0:03]
Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 00:14 - Feb 25 with 1233 viewstextbackup

I still think he was owed that penalty vs Bolton (sorry JC)

spurs away - I’ll take that to the grave

Killing a scum player

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 00:20 - Feb 25 with 1217 viewsSwansea_Blue

A very underrated player that fans didn’t fully understand. Much like Chambo in that regard

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 00:28 - Feb 25 with 1187 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 00:20 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

A very underrated player that fans didn’t fully understand. Much like Chambo in that regard

He didn't speak out so well though did he?
[Post edited 25 Feb 0:41]
Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 00:32 - Feb 25 with 1166 viewsChurchman

I can’t agree with that. At first he was because he was the ballast in the Steve Sedgley transfer. But he soon showed what a good player he was and proved it in the PL. He was a week in, week out get on with it player.

Wiki says 148 appearances for us between 1997 and 2003. No idea if he’s in our hall of fame, but he certainly deserves to be.
Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 04:03 - Feb 25 with 1039 viewsmutters

My residing memory of him is when we played Helsingborg away. The announcer read out his name as "Mark Wenus" and the whole away end fell about. It was that same trip that old Sheepshanks joined us at the pub. Great days!

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 06:33 - Feb 25 with 879 viewsyesjohn99

Chambers not qualified to even ask to tie up Venus’ boots.
Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 07:30 - Feb 25 with 782 viewsPendejo

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 00:32 - Feb 25 by Churchman

I can’t agree with that. At first he was because he was the ballast in the Steve Sedgley transfer. But he soon showed what a good player he was and proved it in the PL. He was a week in, week out get on with it player.

Wiki says 148 appearances for us between 1997 and 2003. No idea if he’s in our hall of fame, but he certainly deserves to be.

Solely in my imagination....

Wolves offered cash deal for Sedgeley, Burley offers to take less cash if they let us have Venus. I can't believe how well that worked out for us.

Hope he and Mowbray get some success at Brum

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Mark Venus Appreciation Thread on 07:37 - Feb 25 with 762 viewstcblue

I loved Sedgley (especially when he played sweeper, which he hated IIRC but was brilliant.at it).

Venus made me forget about all that within a small period of time. Absolute wand of a foot and a baller of a defender.

Great thread!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024