Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our home ‘Goals Against’ total 07:39 - Feb 21 with 615 viewsVic

Is pretty poor isn’t it!

So I guess it’s all the more credit to the team that they are where they are. However you cut it, the defence is the weak part of the team. Too late to sort it this season now.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Our home ‘Goals Against’ total on 08:01 - Feb 21 with 556 viewsGeoffSentence

It is glaringly bad isnt it. Worse than any of the bottom three, fourth or fifth worst in the division. Thankfully the home goals for column mitigates it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Our home ‘Goals Against’ total on 08:03 - Feb 21 with 549 viewsJakeITFC

Only one defeat though (and we still scored 3 in that one)!

Something to be said for the physical and mental toll that must come from having to dig in to the end every week atm which can’t be good for us - hopefully Saturday is more relaxing.
Our home ‘Goals Against’ total on 09:08 - Feb 21 with 442 viewsSteve_M

Our home ‘Goals Against’ total on 08:03 - Feb 21 by JakeITFC

Only one defeat though (and we still scored 3 in that one)!

Something to be said for the physical and mental toll that must come from having to dig in to the end every week atm which can’t be good for us - hopefully Saturday is more relaxing.

Yeah, and only four draws - two of which were against decent clubs.

It's really only QPR and Norwich that we've been disappointing in - and one of those was 0-0.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our home ‘Goals Against’ total on 09:42 - Feb 21 with 384 viewsBloomBlue

You defend as a team. Yes the defence struggled last night, but not helped by the fact neither the midfield or attack could keep hold of the ball, constantly allowing Rotherham the opportunity to put the ball into the box.

I don't think any player, maybe Burns for his 2 goals, came out of that game with any credit.
So all are responsible but just a couple of examples of how strange the performance was.

Burgess. You can always trust him to deal with balls into the box, he loves a header, bread 'n' butter to him. But I don't think he won a single header in that 2nd half.

Luongo. Good sub I thought at the time, he'll bring some calmness, start to cause Rotherham some issues with his passing/running. But 3 out the first 4 times he touched the ball he gave it to a Rotherham player.

Now I'm not blaming those 2 they are just examples of a crazy game.

I do wonder if the pressure got to the players. Not squeaky but time yet but they're human, they know it's the game in hand and it's against the bottom club, anything other than a win would be viewed along the lines of a disaster by many.
Our home ‘Goals Against’ total on 09:50 - Feb 21 with 357 viewsTrequartista

On one hand it’s worse than all the teams in the relegation zone, on the other hand, 17 of the 26 conceded have counted for nothing.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024