Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given 23:15 - Feb 20 with 6688 viewsJimmy86

Good to see a bit of aggression and emotion from him for once! He's usually so measured and almost too nice at times.. also well done to him for remonstrating with Stroud after the final whistle! Tell him just how poor he was!

We made things hard for ourselves, but that doesn't overshadow such an inept performance from Stroud, if not unexpected..
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:17 - Feb 20 with 5310 viewsKieran_Knows

…. And then along comes Gavin Ward on Saturday. What we’ve done to deserve those 2 refs in the space of 4 days is beyond me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:20 - Feb 20 with 5257 views_clive_baker_

Tbh last couple of times we’ve had Stroud I’ve thought he was decent, especially compared to a lot of the dross we’ve had.

Have to say that penalty decision is one of the most baffling I’ve seen in ages though. Looked ridiculous live and even more ridiculous on the replay. They fact it didn’t cost us the win is irrelevant, I would’ve ripped into him and demand answers and I’m glad McKenna did. Absolutely disgraceful and not for the first time in recent weeks we’ve been completely fecked over by ridiculous decisions. I hope we’re writing to the FA tomorrow and demanding answers.
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:21 - Feb 20 with 5248 viewsJimmy86

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:17 - Feb 20 by Kieran_Knows

…. And then along comes Gavin Ward on Saturday. What we’ve done to deserve those 2 refs in the space of 4 days is beyond me.

He's useless as well!!

Think for me, it doesn't take away from the fact we took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half.. we weren't at our best, by a long shot, against the sort of team we hate playing against, in Rotherham and you have to give them some credit, but the performance from Stroud was totally and utterly inept.. how he can be aloud to get away from it, is beyond me
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:23 - Feb 20 with 5193 viewsJimmy86

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:20 - Feb 20 by _clive_baker_

Tbh last couple of times we’ve had Stroud I’ve thought he was decent, especially compared to a lot of the dross we’ve had.

Have to say that penalty decision is one of the most baffling I’ve seen in ages though. Looked ridiculous live and even more ridiculous on the replay. They fact it didn’t cost us the win is irrelevant, I would’ve ripped into him and demand answers and I’m glad McKenna did. Absolutely disgraceful and not for the first time in recent weeks we’ve been completely fecked over by ridiculous decisions. I hope we’re writing to the FA tomorrow and demanding answers.

The best thing about tonight for me is seeing McKenna go after him after the game.. I've always had the feeling that he's just too measured.. sometimes I've been wanting to see a bit of fire in his belly, a bit of aggression from him.. I mean Warnock would have actually gone berserk!!
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:24 - Feb 20 with 5165 viewsRyorry

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:20 - Feb 20 by _clive_baker_

Do refs have to pass eyesight tests, like drivers do to keep their licences?

Stroud looks in need of one, immediately, & I'm not joking.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:27 - Feb 20 with 5122 viewshomer_123

He wants to be centre of attention. His over dramatic gesticulating is fecking annoying.

Oh and he's sheite as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:32 - Feb 20 with 5024 viewstractorboy1978

He wanted to be making decisions all night. Constantly blowing his whistle and giving niggly fouls. No flow to the game at all.
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:35 - Feb 20 with 4993 viewsTheBoyBlue

Stroud wasn't the issue tonight. I haven't seen the penalty back yet, have to admit from where I was sat it looked a penalty. Otherwise didn't notice he got all that much wrong.

Our problem tonight was getting second to everything, lightweight in the challenges, our passing and defending.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:35 - Feb 20 with 4967 viewsJimmy86

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:27 - Feb 20 by homer_123

He wants to be centre of attention. His over dramatic gesticulating is fecking annoying.

Oh and he's sheite as well.

The penalty he didn't give us when Broadhead went to ground under pressure in the 2nd half, he literally bent over and then gave an exaggerated swing of his arms to say NO penalty! Just an odious little man.. complete theatrical BS!!
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:36 - Feb 20 with 4931 viewsIllinoisblue

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:35 - Feb 20 by TheBoyBlue

Stroud wasn't the issue tonight. I haven't seen the penalty back yet, have to admit from where I was sat it looked a penalty. Otherwise didn't notice he got all that much wrong.

Our problem tonight was getting second to everything, lightweight in the challenges, our passing and defending.

Watch the replay of the penalty and then report back.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:37 - Feb 20 with 4929 views_clive_baker_

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:35 - Feb 20 by TheBoyBlue

Our performance wasn’t vintage by any stretch, that’s certainly true.

That penalty decision was shambolic though.
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:49 - Feb 20 with 4718 viewsTheBoyBlue

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:37 - Feb 20 by _clive_baker_

Our performance wasn’t vintage by any stretch, that’s certainly true.

That penalty decision was shambolic though.

Just seen it back and yes, that is dubious to say the least. I suspect if VAR was available it would (and should) be overturned, but overall I though Stroud was a fairly even and like I said not the issue tonight.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:52 - Feb 20 with 4653 viewstextbackup

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:35 - Feb 20 by Jimmy86

The penalty he didn't give us when Broadhead went to ground under pressure in the 2nd half, he literally bent over and then gave an exaggerated swing of his arms to say NO penalty! Just an odious little man.. complete theatrical BS!!

That was never a penalty anyway, so got that correct

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 00:14 - Feb 21 with 4549 viewsSitfcB

What on earth has Stroud seen here?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 00:38 - Feb 21 with 4438 viewsMVBlue

oh boy are you going change your mind after seeing that penalty back. What a disgrace, contact is not actually present in any sense.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 07:23 - Feb 21 with 4026 viewsKeno

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:32 - Feb 20 by tractorboy1978

He wanted to be making decisions all night. Constantly blowing his whistle and giving niggly fouls. No flow to the game at all.

And missing obvious ones like the pull back on Ali when he could have been. Clean through

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 07:46 - Feb 21 with 3902 viewsJimmy86

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 07:23 - Feb 21 by Keno

And missing obvious ones like the pull back on Ali when he could have been. Clean through

He missed a blatant foul on Travis, after he had passed the ball off to a team mate, over by the dugout.. allowed play to continue and then gives a foul against us, which they launched into the box and scored from
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 08:00 - Feb 21 with 3828 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure I agree.

They were deliberately late with every challenge, I lost count of the number of times our player passed it and was clattered well afterwards but he allowed it to happen.

We have to deal with that better but he was an issue and was utterly rubbish.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 08:04 - Feb 21 with 3798 viewsGeoffSentence

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:21 - Feb 20 by Jimmy86

He's useless as well!!

Think for me, it doesn't take away from the fact we took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half.. we weren't at our best, by a long shot, against the sort of team we hate playing against, in Rotherham and you have to give them some credit, but the performance from Stroud was totally and utterly inept.. how he can be aloud to get away from it, is beyond me

I'm no fan of Stroud's, can't understand how he is a top level ref, but up until that point I thought he'd done OK.

Typical of him to feck it up with a ludicrous decision though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 08:54 - Feb 21 with 3602 viewsStewart27

And if you look at 99.9% of posts you will see that people are criticising how poor we were last night. It was our worst home performance for a long, long time.

But people are also allowed to criticise one of the most diabolical refereeing decisions ever seen at Portman Road that could have ended up costing promotion at the end of the season. How poor we were is completely irrelevant to that decision.
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 11:06 - Feb 21 with 3344 viewsRyorry

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 08:54 - Feb 21 by Stewart27

And if you look at 99.9% of posts you will see that people are criticising how poor we were last night. It was our worst home performance for a long, long time.

But people are also allowed to criticise one of the most diabolical refereeing decisions ever seen at Portman Road that could have ended up costing promotion at the end of the season. How poor we were is completely irrelevant to that decision.

Hope more than expectation, but the ref assessor should have given him an absolute slating for that, and recommendation for removal from list.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 11:18 - Feb 21 with 3300 viewsPinewoodblue

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 11:06 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

Hope more than expectation, but the ref assessor should have given him an absolute slating for that, and recommendation for removal from list.

Keith Stroud is two years older than Howard Webb, who retired 10 years ago.

It is 14 years since Stroud last refereed a Premier League game. Time he hung up his whistle.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 11:25 - Feb 21 with 3254 viewsmattrolow

There was a couple of particularly bad ones that stand out from memory where he seemed to just not want to give them and had to be corrected by the other officials.

One where Moore got clattered in the air from a high ball and the fourth official had to pull him up on it and tell him it was a foul.

He's inept at best, corrupt at worst.
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 14:52 - Feb 21 with 2936 viewsWickets

Stroud peeps me off as much as it does most posters but I have to agree with your post . Last 20 at Swansea and last hour tonight we had no movement off the ball and did not challenge for the second ! I posted a thread regards us running on empty a few days ago so to be honest this was the sort of performance I was worried about . Remarkable that we have got maximum points over the last 3 games and really hope the squad can recover in time for Saturday. COYB .
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 16:37 - Feb 21 with 2718 viewsFacefacts

What was Kieran gesturing about at the final whistle? Can be seen on the extended highlights on YouTube.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024