Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given 23:15 - Feb 20 with 6834 viewsJimmy86

Good to see a bit of aggression and emotion from him for once! He's usually so measured and almost too nice at times.. also well done to him for remonstrating with Stroud after the final whistle! Tell him just how poor he was!

We made things hard for ourselves, but that doesn't overshadow such an inept performance from Stroud, if not unexpected..
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 17:25 - Feb 21 with 1367 viewsGeoffSentence

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:49 - Feb 20 by TheBoyBlue

Just seen it back and yes, that is dubious to say the least. I suspect if VAR was available it would (and should) be overturned, but overall I though Stroud was a fairly even and like I said not the issue tonight.

Up until the penalty I thought he was doing alright. It wouldn't be a proper Keith Stroud appearance without at least one almighty feck up though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 18:59 - Feb 21 with 1318 viewsN2_Blue

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 16:37 - Feb 21 by Facefacts

What was Kieran gesturing about at the final whistle? Can be seen on the extended highlights on YouTube.

What do you think!?????

He’s going ballistic over the award of a penalty that just wasn’t and nearly cost us the win. We were crap but doesn’t mean you deserve to cop a decision like that.

Add on to what happened at Preston I should think McKenna is giving the officials a right earful and quite right!!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 19:15 - Feb 21 with 1299 viewsFacefacts

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 18:59 - Feb 21 by N2_Blue

What do you think!?????

He’s going ballistic over the award of a penalty that just wasn’t and nearly cost us the win. We were crap but doesn’t mean you deserve to cop a decision like that.

Add on to what happened at Preston I should think McKenna is giving the officials a right earful and quite right!!

Ok, thanks.

It's just so unlike him.

Surprised me.
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 21:44 - Feb 21 with 1193 viewsArchiRob

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:32 - Feb 20 by tractorboy1978

He wanted to be making decisions all night. Constantly blowing his whistle and giving niggly fouls. No flow to the game at all.

It was his failure to give fouls that annoyed me - There were a few instances of their players using ours as a springboard to gain hight to head balls ours were better placed to head and you could clearly see Ali's shirt being pulled a good foot from his body
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 22:07 - Feb 21 with 1148 viewsJimmy86

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 19:15 - Feb 21 by Facefacts

Ok, thanks.

It's just so unlike him.

Surprised me.

Was good to see, in my opinion!! Good to see him get a bit riled up!!
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 06:51 - Feb 22 with 1049 viewsPioneerBlue

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:32 - Feb 20 by tractorboy1978

He wanted to be making decisions all night. Constantly blowing his whistle and giving niggly fouls. No flow to the game at all.

Agreed. If he’s going to be blowing the whistle for persistent fouls where were the yellow cards to clamp down on the whole thing. It’s can’t be a game of football if every single challenge results in a foul. Thats the stage where a ref should be calling the captains and saying half the team will be booked if it doesn’t stop. The game is supposed to be entertainment for the fans not the ref or the players.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 08:31 - Feb 22 with 982 viewsSouperJim

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 00:14 - Feb 21 by SitfcB

What on earth has Stroud seen here?

Rotherham player gets just ahead of Jackson, Jackson goes to side foot the ball and kicks his ankle, Rotherham player makes contact with the ball as he goes down.

It's on the soft side, but it's a penalty. The fact that Stroud is odious little pillock, desperate to be the centre of attention who would have gleefully given any contentious decision he could against us late in the game and went on to play an extra 2 minutes on top of the 8 already given, does not change that fact for me.

Lots of people with blue tinted specs on, we were utterly crap for about an hour and barely contested the 2nd ball in that time. If we play like that on Saturday we will get spanked.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 08:41 - Feb 22 with 959 viewsBlueStreak

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 08:31 - Feb 22 by SouperJim

Rotherham player gets just ahead of Jackson, Jackson goes to side foot the ball and kicks his ankle, Rotherham player makes contact with the ball as he goes down.

It's on the soft side, but it's a penalty. The fact that Stroud is odious little pillock, desperate to be the centre of attention who would have gleefully given any contentious decision he could against us late in the game and went on to play an extra 2 minutes on top of the 8 already given, does not change that fact for me.

Lots of people with blue tinted specs on, we were utterly crap for about an hour and barely contested the 2nd ball in that time. If we play like that on Saturday we will get spanked.

There were two goals in injury time so of course extra time was going to be added on top of that?!
Login to get fewer ads

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 09:35 - Feb 22 with 884 viewsSouperJim

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 08:41 - Feb 22 by BlueStreak

There were two goals in injury time so of course extra time was going to be added on top of that?!

30 secs per goal = 1 minute. The ball was in the middle of the pitch on 99 minutes, 30k Town fans whistling. Stroud still let the game go on and the ball back into the attacking third for an extra minute on top.

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 09:43 - Feb 22 with 850 viewsHerbivore

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 08:31 - Feb 22 by SouperJim

Never a penalty, not sure what you are seeing but it seems you and Keith Stroud are the only ones who are seeing it. The blue tinted specs comment is an odd one, pretty much everyone has said we were poor on the night. Us being poor doesn't mean that was a penalty though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 09:49 - Feb 22 with 832 viewsSouperJim

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 09:43 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

Never a penalty, not sure what you are seeing but it seems you and Keith Stroud are the only ones who are seeing it. The blue tinted specs comment is an odd one, pretty much everyone has said we were poor on the night. Us being poor doesn't mean that was a penalty though.

Blue tinted specs in terms of not seeing the penalty. The highlights package on sky/YouTube makes it a bit easier to see as the framerate is much better than the twitter clip in this thread. Stroud is 10 feet away looking right at it, as I said Rotherham player gets just infront of Jackson as they come together, Jackson goes to play the ball and kicks the player. Is it a bit soft, yes. Is he happy to go down and does so a bit easily, yes. But he gets kicked in the box getting across Jackson who makes a challenge for the ball and does not get it.

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 09:52 - Feb 22 with 818 viewsHerbivore

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 09:49 - Feb 22 by SouperJim

Blue tinted specs in terms of not seeing the penalty. The highlights package on sky/YouTube makes it a bit easier to see as the framerate is much better than the twitter clip in this thread. Stroud is 10 feet away looking right at it, as I said Rotherham player gets just infront of Jackson as they come together, Jackson goes to play the ball and kicks the player. Is it a bit soft, yes. Is he happy to go down and does so a bit easily, yes. But he gets kicked in the box getting across Jackson who makes a challenge for the ball and does not get it.

Nah.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 10:19 - Feb 22 with 789 viewsSouperJim

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 09:52 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

Nah.

Yeh.

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 10:26 - Feb 22 with 776 viewsEuropablue

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:20 - Feb 20 by _clive_baker_

Tbh last couple of times we’ve had Stroud I’ve thought he was decent, especially compared to a lot of the dross we’ve had.

Have to say that penalty decision is one of the most baffling I’ve seen in ages though. Looked ridiculous live and even more ridiculous on the replay. They fact it didn’t cost us the win is irrelevant, I would’ve ripped into him and demand answers and I’m glad McKenna did. Absolutely disgraceful and not for the first time in recent weeks we’ve been completely fecked over by ridiculous decisions. I hope we’re writing to the FA tomorrow and demanding answers.

It's not a big deal, but Stroud blew the whistle for the end of play while the ball was not in play. That just didn't seem right.
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 10:27 - Feb 22 with 776 viewsEuropablue

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:24 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

Do refs have to pass eyesight tests, like drivers do to keep their licences?

Stroud looks in need of one, immediately, & I'm not joking.

There was one instance in which he needed the fourth official to give a blatant foul in our favour.
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 10:32 - Feb 22 with 759 viewsEuropablue

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 21:44 - Feb 21 by ArchiRob

It was his failure to give fouls that annoyed me - There were a few instances of their players using ours as a springboard to gain hight to head balls ours were better placed to head and you could clearly see Ali's shirt being pulled a good foot from his body

The springboard for Rotherham imposing themselves on us was that the ref was letting fouls go or not giving out yellows and even gave a couple of freekicks against Moore after he had been fouled.
Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 11:12 - Feb 22 with 713 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seeing McKenna launch that water bottle into the dugout, when the pen was given on 23:35 - Feb 20 by TheBoyBlue

Stroud wasn't the issue tonight. I haven't seen the penalty back yet, have to admit from where I was sat it looked a penalty. Otherwise didn't notice he got all that much wrong.

Our problem tonight was getting second to everything, lightweight in the challenges, our passing and defending.

Luckily he wasn’t critical, but he could have been if not for Omari’s excellent finish. You’re spot on with the rest though; at least through the last 2/3rds of the match.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024