Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... 13:18 - Feb 20 with 2607 viewsBiGDonnie

As a referee analyst. Boss Nuno Santo wants him to explain the 'decisions going against his side'.

Erm, fcuk right off Forest. What a joke.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:28 - Feb 20 with 1852 viewsGuthrum

If done properly, rather than simply as an excuse-manufacturing ploy, it could be a genuinely useful tool. Getting the inside line on referees' interpretation of the rules could give marginal advantages (e.g. how to behave in specific situations, which questions to ask), which may be enough to tip a game in their favour.

Doubt it will have much effect against all-round better teams in the Prem, but might be just that little extra edge in relegation battle "six pointers". They obviously think it's worth it. He's probably being paid less than the financial damage of going down to the Championship.
[Post edited 20 Feb 13:29]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:28 - Feb 20 with 1837 viewsITFC_Forever

When you see the standard of refereeing, it's not a surprise they are looking for explanations.

Not sure that's the way to achieve it mind.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:29 - Feb 20 with 1837 viewsKieran_Knows

Just as bad as TNT Sports having Peter Walton on standby each game to ask him questions about the decisions. Horrific.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:31 - Feb 20 with 1793 viewssolemio

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:29 - Feb 20 by Kieran_Knows

Just as bad as TNT Sports having Peter Walton on standby each game to ask him questions about the decisions. Horrific.

I suspect that it was rugby coverage where this was first introduced.
Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:31 - Feb 20 with 1789 viewsElderGrizzly

Maybe he just wants VIP tickets to Gladiators?

Surely it would be better for Howard Webb to ensure he has regular comms with managers rather than an 'outsider' second guessing decisions?

Despite Michael Owen, I do find the Ref's Mic'd up programme with Howard Webb really interesting and at least they justify their decisions and admit their mistakes.
Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:36 - Feb 20 with 1764 viewsBiGDonnie

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:28 - Feb 20 by ITFC_Forever

When you see the standard of refereeing, it's not a surprise they are looking for explanations.

Not sure that's the way to achieve it mind.

That's how I saw it. 'You had two decisions go against you this week' - ok, then what?

Hope we're the ones to send em down next season

COYBs

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:37 - Feb 20 with 1749 viewsGuthrum

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:31 - Feb 20 by solemio

I suspect that it was rugby coverage where this was first introduced.

Altho I would say that is more necessary in rugby given the greater intricacy of the rules*.

* Necessary because it is a full-contact game, where tackling is a process rather than an event.

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:40 - Feb 20 with 1713 viewsGuthrum

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:36 - Feb 20 by BiGDonnie

That's how I saw it. 'You had two decisions go against you this week' - ok, then what?

Hope we're the ones to send em down next season

Don't do the same things if in that situation again and they might not next time. It's about playing the referees in the most effective manner possible, more accuracy in how far to push the boundaries.

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:43 - Feb 20 with 1689 viewsBiGDonnie

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:40 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

Don't do the same things if in that situation again and they might not next time. It's about playing the referees in the most effective manner possible, more accuracy in how far to push the boundaries.

Surely that's just common sense? Doesn't need another wage to be added? Not that they're measured with what they spend.

COYBs

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:46 - Feb 20 with 1673 viewsGuthrum

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:43 - Feb 20 by BiGDonnie

Surely that's just common sense? Doesn't need another wage to be added? Not that they're measured with what they spend.

I agree. But when you're in a precarious situation, straws will be grasped at. And it probably is fairly much down-the-back-of-the-sofa money for a Prem outfit (when compared with their overall staff wage bill).

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:48 - Feb 20 with 1654 viewsBiGDonnie

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:46 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

I agree. But when you're in a precarious situation, straws will be grasped at. And it probably is fairly much down-the-back-of-the-sofa money for a Prem outfit (when compared with their overall staff wage bill).

Nice one.

Clattenberg won't wanna do this job in the Championship once they've been deducted points, maybe we'll sign him up!

COYBs

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:49 - Feb 20 with 1655 viewsGuthrum

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:46 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

Remember when we appointed Peter Reid to some nebulous consultancy role in 2021*. Would be interesting to know how much that cost in relation to any benefit gained.

Edit: 2021, not 2001 as originally typed
[Post edited 20 Feb 14:28]

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:51 - Feb 20 with 1627 viewsGuthrum

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:48 - Feb 20 by BiGDonnie

Nice one.

Clattenberg won't wanna do this job in the Championship once they've been deducted points, maybe we'll sign him up!

I doubt we'd consider it worth the expense. Unless Forest suddenly go flying up the table.

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:51 - Feb 20 with 1627 viewsBiGDonnie

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:49 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

Remember when we appointed Peter Reid to some nebulous consultancy role in 2021*. Would be interesting to know how much that cost in relation to any benefit gained.

Oh dear, I'd completely forgot about that.

COYBs

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:54 - Feb 20 with 1593 viewsgainsboroughblue

Blimey. Was it that long ago?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:55 - Feb 20 with 1594 viewsIllinoisblue

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:29 - Feb 20 by Kieran_Knows

Copying NFL broadcasts presumably where TV coverage always has a former ref/rules expert on to explain in-game decisions.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:56 - Feb 20 with 1582 viewsRadlett_blue

Yes, Cuckoo brought in Peter Reid as a "consultant". Another one of his Scouse mates to have a beer with, I guess.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 14:14 - Feb 20 with 1496 viewsslump

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:54 - Feb 20 by gainsboroughblue

It was 2021 I think

Bonkers! Such a lot has happened since

UTT

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 14:15 - Feb 20 with 1480 viewsnodge_blue

What a waste of money. Read the rule book. Hes not even a current ref.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

He is on Gladiators. (n/t) on 14:23 - Feb 20 with 1423 viewsBloots

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 14:15 - Feb 20 by nodge_blue

What a waste of money. Read the rule book. Hes not even a current ref.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 14:27 - Feb 20 with 1396 viewsGuthrum

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 13:54 - Feb 20 by gainsboroughblue

Sorry, yes - 2021. Typo.
[Post edited 20 Feb 14:27]

‘Trent Enders ready!’ (n/t) on 14:31 - Feb 20 with 1382 viewsMenton

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 14:32 - Feb 20 with 1380 viewsgainsboroughblue

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 14:27 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

Sorry, yes - 2021. Typo.
[Post edited 20 Feb 14:27]

I did wonder. I quite believed it though given the pace life seems to move at.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 14:34 - Feb 20 with 1369 viewsTractorCam

Wow, I was waiting for a punchline.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Nottingham Forest appoint Clattenburg... on 14:54 - Feb 20 with 1287 viewsbazza

Complete waste of time in football, Because the referees are so inconsistent, I noticed they have a referee on soccer Saturday, and he can’t even explain why a decision was or wasn’t give half the time , he was even sat half way across the studio like an outcast .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024