Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current favourite for player of the season 13:03 - Feb 20 with 3735 viewsTractorFrog

It seems strange that, in our best season for 20 years, there is not an obvious favourite for the player of the season, but there are many great options. I guess that is just a Kieran McKenna team for you.

Who would you currently pick? Personally, I would be tempted by Nathan Broadhead although that may be a bit of recency bias. I think Massimo Luongo has been our most consistently brilliant performer. Last years clear top three, Morsy, Chaplin and Davis, are definitely in the conversation, as is Vaclav Hladky who has had a surprisingly extraordinary season. It is very hard to pick.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Current favourite for player of the season on 14:49 - Feb 20 with 993 viewslazyblue

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:22 - Feb 20 by textbackup

From playing days I’ve always had a soft spot for CB’s

So I’ve got to go for Cam Burgess, the difference in speed that we play with him in the team has been so noticeable the last couple of games.

Morsy obviously my real number 1, but as everyone will go for him I’m opting for big Cam

Everyone will go for him because he is the answer to the question
Current favourite for player of the season on 14:53 - Feb 20 with 979 viewsRobTheMonk

I love the Mass and Morsy midfield. Players who have really found a home with ITFC.

One of my favourite sights is seeing Luongo slide in from a ridiculous angle and somehow come away with a clean tackle.
[Post edited 20 Feb 15:03]
Current favourite for player of the season on 14:57 - Feb 20 with 974 viewsLion

Its Morsy. I wish he was 5 years younger. He's the heartbeat of the team. As good as chappers was last year, it was morsy last year as well.

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Current favourite for player of the season on 14:57 - Feb 20 with 973 viewsBseaBlue

Got to be Morsy. A true leader and brings out the best in us.

I'd say Burgess runs him close. He has come on leaps and bounds under KMac and is another that we really miss when he isnt in the side.
Current favourite for player of the season on 14:58 - Feb 20 with 967 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hladky or Davis will get it as things stand it, but I'd go Woolf
Current favourite for player of the season on 15:25 - Feb 20 with 928 viewsKropotkin123

Broadhead is second on Whoscored, if we are removing Moore for too few games. He had a period where his form dipped, but he and Chaplin have been important for us up front with their goals. So I don't think it is recency bias.

For me it would be Davis or Morsy. If pushed, perhaps Morsy.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Current favourite for player of the season on 15:45 - Feb 20 with 900 viewsblueasfook

I have had a message from Frimmers. He says "Wes Burns"

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Current favourite for player of the season on 15:49 - Feb 20 with 888 viewsHelp

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:22 - Feb 20 by textbackup

From playing days I’ve always had a soft spot for CB’s

So I’ve got to go for Cam Burgess, the difference in speed that we play with him in the team has been so noticeable the last couple of games.

Morsy obviously my real number 1, but as everyone will go for him I’m opting for big Cam

He is the only player with those initials
Login to get fewer ads

Current favourite for player of the season on 15:58 - Feb 20 with 875 viewsIllinoisblue

You could make a very strong case for at least six players, but it’s Morsy. The heartbeat. The engine. The leader.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Current favourite for player of the season on 16:13 - Feb 20 with 844 viewsWalkyWonderland

Davis was my choice last year and would be the same again this. Probably one of my top ten all time favourites. Love the way he plays.
Current favourite for player of the season on 16:24 - Feb 20 with 820 viewsMetal_Hacker

Tough one for me

Hladky - didn’t get a sniff last season and now look
Chaplin - previous amazing season and has continued
Davis - he’s just Leif innit -SUPERB !!
Morsy - what can you say !?
Wolfy - simply purrs in this league like last year

But for me it has to be Cam Burgess .After the struggles he’s had and the doubt he no doubt had in his own mind , he’s become something of a excellent centre back with an amazing passing repertoire. Long may it continue

Poll: If it were one or the other

Current favourite for player of the season on 16:34 - Feb 20 with 781 viewsAsa

Mad isn't it.

Hladky - statistically the best or one of still in the division. Vital to how we play and so many games he's kept us in it.

Davis - Assists machine and on course to break the divisional record

Woolfy - Largely superb

Burgess - Largely superb

Morsy - Just incredible almost every week

Luongo - Bar one small dip in form he's been incredible every week

Chaplin - 9/10 goals with plenty of room to get 15 or so which would be a superb season for anyone who isn't an out and out attacker

Broadhead - Doesn't even feel like he plays close to his potential most of the time, yet more goals than Chaplin and likewise could be on for 15 or so.

Hirst - Absolutely key to how we play and we missed him so much.

Only really right back and the right side where Burns (who has been good, but perhaps not exceptional) and Omari play where you could say there's not someone really in the conversation.

Quite incredible that my ninth pick could easily be someone else's first and vice versa.
Current favourite for player of the season on 17:14 - Feb 20 with 739 viewsVegtablue

1. Morsy. The heart of our team, Mr. Consistent, Driving Force and he hasn't won it yet (😯) One of three players who will be in consideration for Championship Team of the Season (outside candidate behind D-H and Sara). FotMob rating: 7.37, 19th in league rankings.

2. Davis. Joint-highest assists in the league, MVP, front-runner for Championship Team of the Season. FotMob rating: 7.44, 15th.

3. Hladky. Breakout star, Mr Sweeper Keeper, final candidate for Championship Team of the Season (outside shot). Phenomenal in the first third of the campaign, respectable in the second. Fotmob rating: 6.89, 3rd in goalkeepers (1st Hamer, 6.95 from 17 games, 2nd Hermansen, 6.94).

Chaplin (7.29, 32nd) and Broadhead (7.11, 67th) have both delivered vital moments. Woolf (7.03, 99th) and Burgess (7.13, 66th) have been commendable. Hirst (6.95, 141st) ran his leg off and has been sorely missed. Luongo remains my secret favourite (7.08, 84th) and one can keep going and going, such has been the season we've had again. None in this paragraph are pushing for best in class though and I think all outfield players are one notch below my 1. and 2. this time around (so far).
Current favourite for player of the season on 18:09 - Feb 20 with 685 viewsGarv

Based on work rate and how important he is (was) to the team - Hirst.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Current favourite for player of the season on 18:15 - Feb 20 with 673 viewsMK1

Sam Morsy for me. Leads by example. Such a leader.
Current favourite for player of the season on 18:20 - Feb 20 with 662 viewsBuhrer

What a tough question with so many great options. I'm tempted to say Hladky because so much of our play/style starts with him. Or Morsy just because of how bloody great he is weekly. Or Leif, who is so good..
Current favourite for player of the season on 18:45 - Feb 20 with 637 viewsRyorry

The Team.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Current favourite for player of the season on 18:57 - Feb 20 with 625 viewsSuperblue95

Of the players who are realistically in the equation based on game time and performances (so far, my list would have looked very different 2 months ago and will likely look different in another 2 months), I’d rank it:

1. Morsy
2. Davis
3. Chaplin
4. Hladky
5. Burgess
6. Luongo
7. Wolfy
8. Burns

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Current favourite for player of the season on 19:01 - Feb 20 with 620 viewsNutkins_Return

Without any hesitation whatsoever i'd say Davis and I don't think it's even close to be honest.

After that I completely agree it's hard to pick as we are such a collective. Morsy is always good, Broadhead is doing well (after a small dip more down to Hirst missing). Burgess has had a terrific season and Woolfy for the most part has been good.

Davis is so important to us and look how many assists he has. It's insane.
Current favourite for player of the season on 19:17 - Feb 20 with 603 viewsNeedhamChris

Not sure I agree with the premise of the question. I think it's often easier to choose when the team is having a worse season - Bart's record here is a good example of that. By definition the better than e season the more likely you'll have better performers across the team.

But it's Wolfy or Leif for me, with Morsy close behind.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Current favourite for player of the season on 19:27 - Feb 20 with 599 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morsy. The player of the Gamechanger era, let alone season. The beating pulse of the team.

Most improved player : Vas.

Most likable player: Chappers.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Current favourite for player of the season on 19:57 - Feb 20 with 581 viewsblueasfook

Current favourite for player of the season on 19:27 - Feb 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Morsy. The player of the Gamechanger era, let alone season. The beating pulse of the team.

Most improved player : Vas.

Most likable player: Chappers.

I'm surprised you didn't go for Jackson.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Current favourite for player of the season on 23:02 - Feb 20 with 550 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can we also have a loaner of the season? If so then Omari Hutchinson wins by a country mule.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024